Status: happily completed.

Forgetting Bee

revealed;

It was another week before things were truly restored to balance, maybe even better than before. The tension had vanished between them, and they seemed to be living along quite happily. Bee had even started to go back to work, only a few times though and even then it was short hours but who was she too complain, she was in fact the boss.
“Bee, do I like mushrooms?” Scott asked randomly. He was cooking dinner, chili con carne apparently. He was going by recipe, to treat Bee as a night of relaxation but all he’d been doing for the past hour was popping his head in the living room where Bee was lounged with a glass of red wine, and asking her questions he should have known the answers too, had he not got amnesia.

“Yes Scott, you do.” She replied softly, and smiled encouragingly at him. It was time to stop reminiscing about the past that was so clearly distant from her now, and erased by Scott’s mind. It was time to stop moping and wishing, because it wasn’t going to get them anywhere. It was time to stop feeling sad and heartbroken every time Scott asked about his life in the past. She had to deal with it.
“Do you?” he teased, and Bee giggled slightly, properly from the wine she had already had two glasses.

“Yes I do sweetie” she voiced. Scott nodded and returned back to the kitchen. Bee sighed and sunk into the seat as she waited dinner to be served. She quite liked not cooking sometimes, it was nice to be treated.
When dinner was finally served, Scott had set the table for them and even put a small decoration in the middle. Bee thanked him for the dinner as they tucked in and talked like any old friends would do. Bee mostly reminded Scott of their life and Scott seemed to relish it all up. He loved hearing the stories although sometimes it was sad. He tried to be positive now though, it was time that he stopped acting like an ass, and started acting like a husband, or even just a friend.

“This is delicious” Bee complimented as they had another mouthful, Scott beamed proudly.
“Thanks Beth” he said casually, and they both froze. He had just said ‘Beth’ not ‘Bee’. He hadn’t called her that before, not after the accident anyways. Bee put her fork down.
“What’d you just call me?” she muttered. Scott bit the inside of his cheek.
“I’m not sure where that came from.” He explained and she nodded, feeling shaky.
“You just said it?” she repeated and he nodded innocently.
“It just like slipped off my tongue. Like I was meant to say it anyways.” He insisted and Bee nodded, her heart rate seemed to have sped up slightly. She sighed though, he hadn’t remembered her, just a name of hers.

“My full name is Bethany Erin” she whispered like it was a secret.
“That’s beautiful” he said back to her. There was silence between them. Suddenly lost of their appetite, Scott tidied the dishes away while Bee went to go get changed into some more comfortable clothes.

Scott had just finished wiping the counter down when Bee stood at the door way, her hair was pulled back in a loose, side plait and all her makeup had been removed, but he still found himself attracted to her. She had baggy dark gray sweatpants on and a loose white thank top, topped off with a dark blue sweatshirt that was left unzipped, he was sure it was his…the one he had worn last week.

“We need to talk” Bee said seriously, and Scott nodded, he felt so confused and he felt a bit dizzy. Why had he said that earlier? Scott followed Bee back into the living room, the candles had been lit earlier, allowing a cinnamon scent to be left in the air. When Scott walked in, he saw on the coffee table the box that Bee had so violently been defensive about. That box. The box he hadn’t found, no matter how many times he had almost flipped the whole apartment upside down for.

The secret box.

“What’s going on?” Scott asked warily.

“I need to tell you something.” Bee admitted and Scott suddenly felt worried as he saw that Bee bit her lip, she does that a lot, whenever she’s nervous or worried, upset even. He’d seen that before.

“Come sit with me Scott…” Bee urged and he did, he slid next to her and leaned back, trying to relax into the comfort of the sofa. He felt his leg jerking nervously. Bee glanced at it then back to his face.

“I’m sorry I kept this from you….” She mumbled, he almost didn’t hear it. Bee placed the box on her lap and took a deep breath before opening it, and Scott daren’t look.
“October 2007 was an important year for us…” she began and Scott watched carefully as she rummaged through the box, obviously looking for something. Scott felt sick now.

Finally, Bee found it and it appeared to be a photograph, it was black and white and from a distant would look a mess but when Scott shakily took the picture his mouth dropped. His whole body went numb, his heart raced panicked, and he desperately needed nicotine now.

“It’s a sonogram” Scott croaked out. It was a sonogram, dated 16th October 2007, 12 weeks at the bottom, left corner in small typewriter letters.

“I know” Bee said stiffly through the silence. It was tense again now.

“Is this yours?” Scott asked raspy, his whole throat seemed dry. He wanted to vomit or anything, he just needed a reaction of something. But what hit the most was blind panic.

“Was” Bee corrected. Scott looked at her in horror, mouth parted and his eyes widened slightly. His pulse elated more.

“It was ours” Bee said sadly, and Scott noticed tears in her eyes and he felt the need to hug her, to hold her and tell her everything was okay, but he didn’t. He was frozen.

“What happened?” he managed to choke out. He didn’t want to hear it, he didn’t want to know this now. He’d wish he never found the box. Bee remained silent, until a sob escaped from her dry lips. Bee had been so strong through everything; it was surprising seeing her like this. Scott immediately scooted closer to her and put his arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him.

Bee sobbed against his chest, and Scott hugged her tight while still clutching to the black and white photo. The photo of a life, that was part his. He needed answers though, he needed to know. He couldn’t push her, instead he remained silent too.
It seemed like years before Bee finally spoke again:

“I had a miscarriage Scott.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short I might be able to get another chapter up later and can I just say a huge, completely grateful thank you to those few loyal commenters, seriously it means so much.
In particular, one of her comments recently really hit home for me so thank you, hugely and massively to: chameleon

You've been nothing but supportive, kind and loyal and honestly I don't think I would have continued this without your comments. So thank you so much! :) <3

Also, to all the readers, subscribers and commenters thank you :)
It's so good knowing people like my writing, it's just incredible :)
Hope everyone is having a good summer as I am :)