Status: happily completed.

Forgetting Bee

life isn't fair;

“This is ridiculous! He hasn’t forgotten me!” Bee ranted, as she jumped up from the chair she had been seated in after her fall.
“Mrs Sawyers-” Dr Roberts began.
“For god sake, call me Bee.” Bee snapped irritably. Dr Roberts sighed, and pinched the bridge of his nose. He had always dealt with stubborn patients and patients relatives. Bee, she seemed different. It was natural for her to be in denial.
“Bee, Scott has no recollection of you.” Dr Roberts explained and Bee scoffed.
“I don’t find this joke amusing doc, where’s Casey?” Bee asked harshly, speaking of her sister-in-law. Dr Roberts stepped back slightly, and opened the door in which Scott was in.
“Casey, could you come outside for a few minutes…” Dr Roberts requested, and within seconds Casey appeared from the door and sighed with relief as she saw Bee. Casey and Bee had been good friends, in fact…they were best friends from the day that Scott first introduced Bee as his girlfriend to his family. Casey was two years younger than Bee, and almost four years younger than her brother, at the ripe age of twenty-one and just recently graduated college as a musician. She played the violin, she was an excellent violinist. Musicality seemed to flow through the Sawyer family.

Scott could play the piano, to a high standard, but he never pursued a career in it. His mother, Leanne could play the flute, and his father, Charlie could play the piano, drums, and even the saxophone. Bee could tell you listless amount of times that whenever she was round the Sawyer household, a jam session of some sort was always in practice.
“Thank god, you’re here!” Casey said with emotion, as she hugged Bee tightly, wrapping her thin arms around Bee’s neck. Bee never liked the fact that Casey was taller than her. Bee was always so short, ranging at the petite height of 5ft 1.
“Is he okay?” Bee immediately asked, and Casey pulled back.
“He’s doing okay, but Bee…I told him about you, how you would be here any minute, and he asked me who you were. I said that you were his wife, and he immediately panicked.” Casey explained, and Bee’s mouth parted.
He really didn’t know her.
“This is impossible. How could he forget me? I’m his wife!” Bee demanded, outraged at the thought. Scott couldn’t forget her. She was his wife, his lover, his best friend. How could he?
“I’m afraid these things happen. We’re doing some tests now to see how severe the condition is.” Dr Roberts explained. Bee’s eyes stung and she realized she was crying.
“I just want to see him.” She begged, and Casey immediately engulfed her in a hug again. “We think it’s best that you don’t Bee, it may send him into a panic and at this state, that could be vital.” Dr Roberts explained. Bee sniffled.
“This isn’t fair.” Bee cried softly, as Casey cradled her close.
“Life isn’t fair, hon.” Casey murmured, and blinked away her own tears at the thought of her own brother forgetting his dear wife, who before the accident, he completely and utterly adored.
--
You can’t describe love, well you can try but you’ll never fully capture it. Bee and Scott had this love, the love where between them; you really wouldn’t know where to start. Was it because they made each other laugh? Was it because each time they saw one another, their hearts skipped a beat? Was it the fact that a day without them seems physical pain?
Or was it the fact that every time they touched, sparks of electricity seemed to course through their veins?
They met when she was fifteen, and he was seventeen and it all began as a high school romance: the typical glances of adoration, the blushes of embarrassment when their closest friend blurts out that they were crushing one another, and then finally the reels of happiness when he finally got the courage to ask her out. It all went so fast.
She can remember when they first kissed. They were outside her house, on her front porch and the light was flickering because her father had never quite got round to changing the light bulb, no matter how many times her mother had nagged him to. It was a bit chilly, and she can remember that the trees that surrounded her house rustled loudly.
She can remember she felt nauseous with nerves, and her heart was racing frantically, and her mind seemed a bit dizzy. He held her hand firmly as he walked her to the door, and they faced one another.
“I’ve had an amazing night Bee.” Scott murmured, his soft brown hair flicked slightly in his eyes, his brown/hazel eyes that Bee adored so much. He had long eyelashes too; it gave him a slight touch of femininity. But then again, he was never for the one of roughness. Scott was strong, no mistaking the fact he had a good physique due to being an honourable member of the football team.
His lightly tanned skin looked so soft and flawless under that poor lighting. She remembered that he ran his hand gently through her right side of her hair. He loved her hair, literally loved the feel and smell of it. Her honey blonde hair that often smelled of coconuts and had a natural curl to it.
She tingled slightly as he touched her face. “Can I kiss you?” he asked so softly, as he got a little bit closer. Bee smiled at him, a full bright smile. He was always so considerate and polite of her.
“I’d like that.” She whispered, as their faces got closer. Just as their lips were about to touch, a loud, almost strangled noise, that sounded like a cat was heard, making Bee jump and fall against Scott, who by surprise, lost his balance, and they both tumbled to the floor.
Scott groaned slightly, as Bee laid awkwardly on top of him. “Sorry” she whispered, feeling her cheeks burn. Scott coughed slightly and it turned into laughter, deep, heartfelt laughter.
“You know something Beth?” Scott murmured, using another nickname he used for her. Bee smiled slightly, nerves shaking through her.
“You’re my kind of girl.” He teased, and before Bee could put the words together, he kissed, a full, proper, love, lust, and everything in between kiss. It was breath-taking, literally.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?