Status: happily completed.

Forgetting Bee

denial;

“I can’t believe it.” Bee stated that evening, she had no choice but to return home, this time with Casey in tow.
“Me neither…I can’t understand, how can he forget you Bee?” Casey questioned to herself. Bee shrugged, confused and sipped the cup of coffee that Casey had made, it was slightly too sweet for her, but she wasn’t going to complain.
“I need to see him Casey, maybe then he’ll recognize me.” Bee said desperately, and Casey looked at her unsurely. Bee sighed, and sunk into her seat, filled with depression.
“He hasn’t forgotten me. He wouldn’t.” Bee said firmly, and closed her eyes, wondering if she could believe her own lie.
--
Scott stared at the walls blankly, the hideous off-white, slightly grey walls that needed a fresh coat of paint, desperately.
“Mr Sawyers?” the voice of the man that Scott had no recollection of. In fact, he didn’t even know where he was.
“Yes?” Scott replied, as he shifted. His body ached, physically and he felt drained emotionally. He couldn’t believe it, he felt numb from shock still. Scott had been in a car accident, a severe one too. He was extremely lucky to be alive. He had apparently left the house in rage, got in his car, and drove away. It was then reported that two hours after his disappearance, he had crashed into a oak tree, fifteen miles away from his house, because he was drunk.
Scott didn’t remember any of this, nor could he remember why he was drunk, nor why he left his home in rage. In fact, the only thing he could remember was who he was, where he lived, and who his family was. Well in fact, he couldn’t even remember that, his ‘sister’ had told him. But he had no belief to disagree, because as soon as she smiled, he instantly thought of his mother, however only a vague image of her came to mind. Truthfully, he was struggling.
“I have your test results, sir.” The man said, his name couldn’t quite appear in Scott’s mind.
“Oh yes? What seems to be wrong with me then? Why can’t I remember things?” Scott asked, rather rudely. The man gave a slight comforting smile.
“You have retrograde amnesia, sir. Due to your head trauma, you’re brain has switched off certain parts of your life, and it appears from what you told us, that your recent life, of perhaps maybe ten years…” the man explained.
“Ten years!” he snapped furiously. How could have forgotten ten years of his life? That seems, impossible?
“Yes sir, you seem to have only memories of around the age of fifteen. Unless, you have had any recollections at all since my absence?” the man asked, and Scott shook his head.
“How old am I?” Scott asked suddenly. If he had forgotten ten years…then how old was he really? It felt like a farce, Scott didn’t know himself, not really.
“You’re 25 Mr Sawyers.” The man replied, and Scott sighed. His mind felt blank, and he felt confused and scared. He couldn’t remember things, well recent things. The only thing that came to his mind right now was playing the piano with his Dad. He missed those days. In fact, his missed his Dad.
“Where’s my father?” Scott asked suddenly, and on cue the door was knocked again before reopened.
“Oh my poor Scott!” his mother exclaimed, he knew her right away. The smell of her perfume, Chanel No.19 wafted through his nostrils and he suddenly beckoned for his mother’s arms.
“Mom!” he said surprised, and immediately hugged her back as she held him. The man that followed had brown hair, with grey tinge to it, and similar eyes to his sister. That man was definitely his father. Scott gave him a warm smile, and the man immediately went to ease and hugged him. Scott felt the familiarity and knew this was definitely them.
“We came as soon as we heard son, we can’t believe it. You remember us right? Our names?” his mother asked anxiously, and Scott couldn’t help smile slightly.
“Course you’re Leanne and Derrick. The best parents I could ask for…” Scott said, and saw as tears welled in his eyes. Derrick sniffed slightly, trying not to get emotional. This last month had been hard, a real challenge but now it was worse his own son had amnesia. His daughter, Casey had just called him, explaining that Scott had no recollection of marrying Bee, his daughter-in-law, who he loved dearly.

“What about Bee?” Leanne asked, and immediately Scott stiffened.
“Why does everything keep mentioning that name? I seriously don’t know her! I’m not married, I’m only 25!” Scott snapped suddenly, his fists clenching. Derrick stared hard at his son, at his rather rude attitude and didn’t know where to place himself. Derrick should have reminded his own wife about not mentioning Bee.
“But Scott-” Leanne was about to argue, when completely out of character Scott impolitely interrupted.
“Mom, stop it. I don’t know that name! Stop telling me stuff that’s not true!” Scott huffed. “It’s bad enough Case was trying to tell me that shit, but it’s not true. Don’t you think if I was married, I would remember?” Scott demanded, and no one replied.

“I need a smoke.” He said suddenly, and that’s when Leanne knew that the man that had awoke two hours earlier, was most definitely not her son.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you ever so much to my faithful commenter: fork it over;
your kind words are appreciated greatly :)

Please comment