Status: happily completed.

Forgetting Bee

some sort of bug;

“Dr Roberts, you’ve got to help me!” Bee said frantically, as she went down to the hospital the next day. Dr Roberts had tried to be avoiding the woman all day, because he knew he had no reasonable news for her.
“I’m sorry Bee, but I’m rather busy….no pun intended there.” Dr Roberts said lightly, and picked up another clipboard of another patient.
“You can’t just leave me hanging like a thread! I need to talk to Scott, please let me see him!” Bee begged, and ignored the stares from people. Sighing, Dr Roberts turned around, Bee almost smashing into him. She halted abruptly and looked at him sternly.
“Are you married?” she asked suddenly. Dr Roberts sighed again.
“Engaged.” He corrected. “You must see where I’m coming from doc…he’s my husband!” Bee cried, and Dr Robert felt another stab of sympathy in his heart. He rubbed his neck, as strain pulled on him, this career was damaging him.
“I’ll schedule a visit for you in half an hour, meanwhile…I suggest you go eat something Bee, you look hungry.” He said, as he took in the appearance, of the tired, pale, and thin young woman with her blonde hair scraped back and she stood before him in sweatpants, and a football shirt which had the name “Sawyer” on, it had to be her husbands, unless he misled Bee to be an athletic type.
“Fine.” Bee replied flatly, and turned around heading in direction of the cafeteria. By the time came, Bee had consumed a tuna salad, and diet drink that cost more then it’s value, when she returned to the reception desk she had passed so much, Bee demanded to see Dr Roberts again. When he finally arrived, looking rather flustered, he led Bee to Mr Sawyer’s room.
“I shall give you fifteen minutes Bee, as I’m afraid, he is still rather fragile.” Dr Roberts said, and he was also cautious that he might throw a fit as to why Bee was visiting.
Opening the door for her, Bee almost sprinted in. Looking to where Scott was, sitting upright and reading the back of a water bottle, he looked up, startled and glared slightly.

“Who are you?” he asked, and that’s when Bee’s heart broke all over again.
--
“I’m Bee” she said, and Scott’s eyes widened slightly.
“For god sake, is this a joke?” he laughed slightly, and Bee winced from the hurt she felt, he really didn’t know her.
“No, my name is Bethany, but people call me Bee.” She explained, and Scott actually scoffed.
“What are you some kind of bug?” he asked harshly, he felt familiarity as he said it, and guilt at his tone. He didn’t know why, but he just couldn’t seem to remember this woman, and her name, and it frustrated him, deeply.
Bee smiled sadly. “You said that when I first met you.” She said faintly, wiping left cheek.
“This is the first time we’ve met.” Scott corrected, and Bee rolled her eyes slightly.
“No Scott, it isn’t. We’ve met way before….a long time ago.” She said softly, as she stepped closer.
Scott watched her warily, as if she would attack any moment. “I think I would have remembered you…Miss-what’s your surname?” he said. He felt anxious, and guilt and another feeling he couldn’t recognize.
“Sawyers.” Bee replied automatically, without thinking and it set Scott off. He knew that name, because it was his name. “Don’t be ridiculous! That’s my surname! Are we related? My cousin or something…is that why people keep mentioning you, you know they keep saying that you’re my-”
“I’m your wife Scott, and I have been for the past two years.” Bee interrupted. Scott glared coldly, eyebrows furrowing, searching his brain, which felt like it had been pestered with, as if someone had switched half of it off.
“I don’t know you.” He repeated, enunciating every word in a cold manner.
Bee glared back, surprising him. “Yes you do.” She argued, her voice flat.
Scott rubbed his face slightly “I’m tired, can you please leave?” he asked in a calm manner, and Bee sighed with frustration.
“You’re going to remember me. Like it or not.” She said swiftly, before leaving. Scott grumbled under his breath incoherent words, and laid down properly, closing his eyes and to his annoyance, he pictured Bee staring at him.
--
“That son of a bitch!” she screamed, frustration clear in her voice, she threw her bag against the brick wall, outside the hospital.
“Fucking bastard!” she muttered angrily.
“Are you okay?” a male voice asked, and by surprise, made Bee jump and her heart panic. She spun around, her hair flicking behind her, and came face to face with an older looking man.
“Um, sorry?” Bee said confused, as she took in this man’s appearance. He was tall, in fact very tall, Bee would guess around 6ft 2/3…and he was thin, and looked quite aged. He had thick grey/white hair that stuck up slightly, but then a flat cap was in his left hand. He looked like a farmer actually, with brown corduroy trousers, and red and black plaid shirt on, and dark green raincoat on over the top. He had a slight beard too, around his chin and cheeks, and just under his nose. He had dark blue eyes that kind of intimidated Bee.
“I asked if you were alright, you seem to be attacking the wall. Has it hurt your feelings, love?” the man had an accent, it sounded German but she could be wrong. It was gruff too, a gruff, aged voice and it sounded as if he’d been a smoker.
“No…I’m fine.” Bee said abruptly, and the old man smiled, he was missing a tooth, but his smile was somewhat charming.
“Would you like a smoke, love?” he offered, as he got himself out a cigarette, and lit it with a match.
“No thank you” Bee murmured, wiping the corner of her eyes. The man exhaled a ring of smoke, he was an expert and Bee found herself watching him.
“My wife came in with a broken hip, she’s dying now.” The man croaked suddenly and Bee found herself feeling sudden sorrow for the man. She wanted to ask why, but knew she should be more respectful. She was surprised a complete stranger would share such private information.
But then she found herself doing the same.
“My husband has forgotten who I am.” Bee said sadly, looking at her size 5 feet. She always had small feet, and Scott use to tease her about it. He used to say she had gorgeous, baby feet. The man wheezed slightly, taking Bee out of her daydream.
“You’re pretty young to be married eh?” the man joked slightly, and Bee frowned.
“That’s why he doesn’t believe me.” Bee muttered bitterly, and the man stopped joking when he saw the young woman look like she was about to cry.
“Ah don’t cry, love. He’ll come to his senses soon enough.” The man said wisely, and Bee wanted to make a wisecrack, but thought better of it.
“How can you be so sure?” Bee asked politely. The man smiled to himself, thinking of his beautiful wife that was fast asleep inside the hospital.
“Because true love conquers all, my dear.” The man said, and with a last drag, he dropped the cigarette to the ground, and stubbed it out with his booted foot. Bee didn’t reply, and just watched what he did.
“I’ll see you around, love.” He called, and coughed wheezily as he walked away. Bee stared after him, and actually hoped what he said was true.
♠ ♠ ♠
another chapter, slightly longer for you.
I'm busy tomorrow night so I won't be posting, as it's my PROM! haha
anyways, please comment, it really does mean a lot to me :) <3