Status: happily completed.

Forgetting Bee

their lives;

“Do you Bethany Erin Owens take this man to be lawful wedded husband, to love and to hold till death do you part?” the vicar’s voice boomed, echoing around the beautiful church walls. The camera zoomed into Bee’s happy, glowing face and Scott’s sheepish, cheeky one, his eyes full of adoration.
“I do.” The woman dressed in an elegant wedding gown looked deep into the man’s eyes.
“And do you Scott Derrick Sawyers take this woman to be lawful wedded wife to love and to hold till death do you part?” the vicar asked the slightly nervous looking man. The camera moved in a little and the man, who was rather good looking, and dressed in a black tuxedo, with a red rose peaking from his pocket.
“I do with all my heart.” The man replied, and there was a small response of the people gathered, friends and family.
“I now, happily, pronounce you man and wife, and Scott…you may kiss your bride!” the vicar boomed excitedly, the two happy-in-love people, leaned in and gave a respectful, yeah romantic kiss of confirmation. There were cheers and clapping, as Scott and Bee took their first steps as a married couple down the aisle, and the camera followed them. It then all froze

Bee sighed heavily, as she paused the TV, and stared blankly at her wedding video. She wanted to cry but she knew it was no use. It wasn’t going to change anything. Scott had actually forgotten her, and that’s what killed her. She didn’t understand it herself, she wasn’t a doctor or anything, but how could he really forget her? How could he have no memory of getting married to her? Or even knowing her?
It broke her heart, it truly did. Bee sighed again, as she collapsed backwards onto the king sized bed she had shared with Scott for three years. They had lived together for one year before they got married.
Bee was a hair dresser, she owned her own salon. She was incredibly talented and enjoyed making woman and even men feel beautiful. She had never been extremely academic at school, yes she had passed, and even with a few high grades, and if Bee wanted too, she could have made something of herself. But that never appealed to Bee.
From the age of 16, when she fell in love with Scott, she knew that whatever she planned, it would to follow him. Scott had dreams, big dreams of becoming a reporter, to uncover the secrets of the world. Scott always had a way with words. When high school wrapped up, and college on the horizon, Bee knew that their relationship may not stay intact. Scott was 18, about to move on and she still had a couple years left. That was the problem of dating a senior.
He swore he’d always love her, and he never knew how much he did when it came to the day of deciding what college to go too. He could have gone anywhere to be honest, but instead, he chose close to home, he chose a Journalism course, and from the very beginning he was excited about it. Bee would hear him rave about his teacher or the homework he’d been set. When Bee confided in Scott about what she wanted to be and her father, James was non-supportive, Scott persuaded Bee to follow her dream, to open her own salon.
When James died suddenly from a stroke, at the tender age of 44, Bee’s world fell apart. Even now, she was still trying to heal. She was only nineteen at the time, and Scott was 21 and just graduated college. Despite the tragedy, Bee continued her course at the local beauty school, and even got an apprenticeship at a top-end hair salon. Scott proposed about six months after her father’s death, and she knew from there her life was looking up. Before this time, they had moved in together, to help Bee’s accommodation and the fact they needed one another, now more than ever. Scott use to always feel pity for the fact Bee had little family; in fact it was only her grandparents that stayed in contact.
Her mother was never around; in fact she abandoned Bee and James when Bee was just two years old. Gina found a younger man to play with, and she didn’t want a baby to look after. Bee and James were two buttons in a pocket, as James use to always say, and James had never remarried, so no more offspring was produced. James’s brother sometimes kept in touch, but only James’s parents seem to keep in contact with Bee now.
Ultimately, Bee felt that Scott was all she really had. He was her rock, her best friend, her lover, her everything, and even now, fate was trying to take him away. She felt like she was destined alone.
--
“Scott, within a week we’ll be able to discharge you.” Dr Roberts told his patient, who was getting rather frustrated with his new state of mind, or lack of. He couldn’t think properly, as flashes of his so called life were coming to him. Dr Roberts couldn’t do anything about it, as it was expected. He didn’t know how long it may take for Scott’s memory to come back, or even if. But Dr Roberts had faith, and hoped it would.
“Damn it!” Scott hissed, as he clutched his head in pain, as waves of pain flew through his head. Leanne smiled sympathetically, and offered her son some water. He accepted, and drank some.
“Thank you doctor.” Leanne said warmly, and Dr Roberts nodded calmly before leaving, and just as he opened the door, Bee came in.
“Bee-“ he began, but she gave me a harsh look.
“I’m not going to hurt him, I just want to see him…even if he doesn’t remember me.” Bee hissed angrily, and walked over to where Casey was, as she leaned near the window.
“Fuck this hurts!” Scott cursed, and Bee smiled slightly. He hadn’t really changed, his nose still scrunched up when he got frustrated, and the beauty spot on his neck was visible. His hair was short, due to surgery. He use to have longish-indie type hair that Bee loved styling and running her hands through. The times of where they made love, and they’d stare at one another, sweat dripping off their naked bodies and she’d casually stroke his face, and run a hand through his hair, his gorgeous brown hair.
He’d shower her with kisses, on her neck, which was her ticklish spot, and he’d smile as she’d squirm. He’d kiss her collarbone and whisper words of sweetness and love. She missed him. She missed her husband.
“How’s he doing?” Bee murmured softly, as Leanne tried to calm Scott’s incessant cursing. Casey sighed.
“He’s going to be let go in a week. It’s up to us then. To help him remember…” Casey mumbled sadly, she wished her big brother would come back. Bee noticed the sad expression and gave Casey a slight, side hug.
“He’s going to be fine Case…I mean, he’s a Sawyer after all.” Bee teased slightly, and she hoped that the words she gave weren’t just false hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment, it would really help motivate me? <3