Status: happily completed.

Forgetting Bee

not in love;

“What you mean I have to live with her?” Scott snapped furiously, it was Friday morning, and it was the day of his release. It’s fair to say Scott had not been the most…patient of patients. Leanne had just informed her forgetful son, that he was in fact returning home with Bee. Whether he liked it or not. The plain and simple fact was Leanne and Derrick didn’t have enough space, they had downsized when Casey moved away for University, but now she had graduated and currently moved back, and along with Marco, her possibly gay boyfriend, who was originally from Brazil had moved in also, there was no space. Also, Scott did actually live in his own apartment building…with his apparent wife.
“Scott, I know you’re going through a hard time right now. But you and Bee are actually…very close.” Leanne explained carefully, cautious of how her son would react. Scott’s eyebrows furrowed angrily.

“You’re not going on about that marriage nonsense are you? For God’s Sake, Mum-” he froze, when Bee entered the room, she was carrying a black suitcase, about medium sized.
“What’s that?” he asked curiously, as Bee suddenly began to pack his things.
“Scott Derrick Sawyers, stop behaving like a spoilt child. You are living with me, end of discussion. Now get your lazy ass out of bed. I’m sick of you behaving like a seventeen year old, sulky, hormonal teenager!” Bee ordered sternly, she threw more of Scott’s stuff in, which had been gradually brough. Her frustration had reached a new high, as every day she had come to visit, every day she was turned away by him. Scott glared.
“You are an infuriating, bossy woman!” he snapped, crossing his arms and in fact acted eight years his junior.

“And you are a forgetting, irritating man, now up you get, I have a taxi waiting!” Bee ordered, and gave a sarcastic smile, and Scott suddenly gasped, as that same smile rang alarm bells of familiarity. He had seen that smile….before, surely?
Bee looked at him, unimpressed and zipped up the bag. “I’ll see you Sunday Leanne, for dinner” Bee said politely, and kissed her mother-in-law’s cheek, doing the same to Casey, who had been watching quietly from the corner, she headed to the door.
“Wait!” Scott ordered, as he was helped up, and handed his crutches, he had broken his left leg, and hated the fact he needed help all the time.
“C’mon! This is costing me a bomb!” Bee tinkled, and Scott rolled his eyes, but secretly he liked the fact that Bee wasn’t treating him like a injured person, instead…like a human being and he found her bossy, infuriating attitude, rather….sexy.
--
When the couple returned home, along with help from Scott’s sister with bringing in Scott’s things, Bee was in complete relief...that and a major headache. The doctors had ordered that Scott would have four weeks of bed rest before any real physical activity should be taken, and he was given fortnightly check-ups about his…forgetful problem.
“This is where we live?” Scott said in with slight attitude. Bee sighed and put the last of his things on the kitchen counter. Apart from their bedrooms and bathroom, the entire place was very open plan, the kitchen led into the living room, and the living room led into the hall, which led to the bedroom, and adjoined to that was their bathroom.
“Yes Scott, we’ve lived here for three years.” Bee said gently to her husband and Scott scoffed.

“You mean, you’ve lived here…” Scott corrected, well so he thought. Bee sighed and rolled her eyes, he was still in denial about knowing her.
“So what now?” Scott asked, as he sat himself down on the couch he had bought, but didn’t realize he had. Bee edged closer.
“I’ve took a month off to care for you. After that, I have to return to work.” Bee informed him, and Scott looked at her warily. “What do you work as?” he asked.
“I’m a hairdresser, I own a salon.” Bee said proudly, and Scott looked at her blankly.
“A hairdresser? How….impressive.” he remarked sarcastically. The words hurt, but the tone killed her. Bee glared at Scott, her eyebrows furrowing close together.
“You never use to be like this!” she snapped furiously, as she walked round to face him, hands on her hips. Scott looked at her, taking her appearance in. She was a very, very attractive girl, a slender figure with curves in what boys wanted, her honey blonde hair cascaded down in waves, and her fringe swooped to the right. Her eyes were a stunning hazel colour, right now they looked more green.
“Well I’ve changed clearly.” Scott said bitterly, and he suddenly needed to smoke again.
“I need a smoke.” He murmured, getting us slowly, his body still ached, and his leg throbbed. He picked up his crutches and hobbled to the door.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Bee snapped, and Scoff laughed harshly. “To get some cigarettes!” he snapped back and Bee sighed.
“Sit back down Scott, if you would like to smoke, then I’ll go get you some cigarettes. Now.” Bee ordered, and Scott huffed, but did as she asked.
Bee told him she was popping to the shops, and Scott took this time to wander around the house. Photos were up on walls and shelves. He froze, when he looked at the mantelpiece, and saw himself, looking healthy, tanned and with longer hair, his hands wrapped around Bee, who looked beautiful in a silk, lacy white dress – a wedding dress.
“Fuck.” Scott whispered to himself, as he carefully picked up the framed picture. He looked so happy, eyes twinkling, and in love, as he held this woman, Bee specifically close to him, and his eyes glanced over his hand in the picture, a silver white band on his left hand, on his ring finger. Bee had a silver band too, with five small, elegant diamonds embedded in it. Their hands were touching, and showed both rings…proudly. His smile showed it all, as did hers, their eyes sparkling, and they both looked amazing together.
“I’m fucking married?” he questioned to himself, and put the picture down. He looked at his bare hands, if they were married, where was his ring now? Scott continued his tour, and found more pictures of them, one in the kitchen, a three-way one of Scott kissing Bee’s cheek, and she was laughing, another of them looking at each other adoringly, and another of them posing, huge smiles.
They looked so happy together.

“I’m back!” Bee’s voice broke Scott’s thoughts and he spun around frantically to get back to the couch.
“Scott?” Bee questioned and came into the kitchen, with a frown on her face. “Why are you up?” she asked, and Scott looked at her.
“We’re married?” he repeated, in shock still. Bee looked at him and nodded once. He blinked once, and looked at her closely, taking her in again.
“We’re married.” He said, as if he was trying to convince himself.
“I have certificates to prove it.”
“Show me.” He demanded gently, and Bee sighed, and disappeared, only to reimburse minutes later with official-looking documents in her hand. She handed it to Scott, who took it with shaking hands. As he read the words of his name, her name, the date and signed, legally they were married.

“This…I- what?” Scott stuttered, confused and his head started to ache, as his brain tried to remember any recollection of this. He was married, it said right here. There were pictures, and no doubt a video. He was married to this woman, to Bee.
He thought, he thought long and hard, staring at the paper, feeling numb. He still couldn’t remember, he couldn’t remember saying ‘I do’, he couldn’t remember kissing her…at all, he couldn’t even remember meeting her beforehand. But she had claimed they knew each other when he was just 17.
The reason he denied the fact he was married to Bee, was he was far too young, and the fact it seemed impossible that he would have married his childhood sweetheart, and had been married to her for two years. It didn’t make sense to him.
“I’ve been telling you Scott, we are in fact married and have been for two years. I promise you, I’m not lying.” Bee said fondly, and Scott sighed, his breath shaking.
“But…I can’t be married. I’m only 25.” He muttered, and grimaced as a wave of pain hit him. Bee immediately went to his aid and fussed that he must sit down.
“Come on, you should be resting, it’s time for your medication anyways.” She said, leading him into the bedroom, their bedrooms was nice, he thought. A lovely warm, golden colour, but the back wall, which the bed was against was a deep earthy brown colour, and had a large photo collage that was in black and white, all photos of what Scott presumed was their married lives, and family and friends. Underneath this collage, in big, black bold words was:Memories.

Scott almost winced at the word, and allowed Bee to sit him down, with help lifting his leg, he got into the comfortable, king sized bed and Bee tucked him in like you would for a child.
“I’ve got it…” he muttered, and Bee backed off quickly. He noticed the hurt in her eyes. A sense of guilt overwhelmed him but he quickly pushed it away. Bee went off and got his pills and glass of chilled water, and watched as it took the tablets which were meant to help deal with the pain, but if anything, it just made him tired.
“You okay with this Scott? I mean…you just found out we’re married.” Bee said cautiously, and Scott’s eyes were drooping, he needed to sleep.
“I’m fine.” He slurred. Bee nodded, and went towards the door as Scott snuggled down, and closed his eyes. He was losing himself into the slumber. Just before Bee left:
“I’m not in love though.” He said, and Bee’s eyes prickled with tears, and she bit her shaking lip and left the bedroom, waiting until she got into the kitchen, she flicked on the kettle and sobbed in agony. Her husband wasn’t in love with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is sad, I can't imagine this happening to me.
Imagine the one you completely love...just doesn't remember loving you? Hmmm.

Anyways, thank you to all you lovely commenters, I'd love to hear more.
Read and enjoy :)