Status: happily completed.

Forgetting Bee

everyone has secrets;

It was another week gone, and things hadn’t really improved. Scott was allowing the fact that he and Bee were married, but he still reminded himself, and occasionally Bee that he was not in love with her. Bee cried privately every time he said this, but never showed Scott that it bothered her. It had to be said that caring for Scott was extremely difficult, especially as his moods change from day-to-day. Some days he is fairly patient and even sometimes talks to Bee about things, like sports or the piano. He rediscovered he could play when Bee was tidying and a book fell of the shelf and it was a music book. He then remembered he could play piano. Other days were not so pleasant; Scott would wake up in a horrible mood and often shouted at Bee and spitting harsh words at her.

The Sunday they went to visit his parents was hard too, Derrick insisted on showing Scott the music room and Leanne constantly asked him if he was hungry or needed anything. By the end of the evening, his patience had reached its limits and when he returned home with Bee, they ended up arguing again. As the week dragged on, Bee would care for her husband on hand and foot, almost like a slave and only sometimes did Scott say thank you.
It wasn’t till the following Sunday, and Bee was preparing dinner and Scott was in a curious mood. He was hobbling around in the bedroom, and he knew he had to be quick because if Bee caught him walking around without his crutches, he’d be sure to be bitched out. Scott went towards the dresser that Bee often got her clothes from in fact he hadn’t even touched in the week’s recovery. As he tugged open the first drawer, unsure as to what he was really looking for, he searched messily around, messing up Bee’s neatly folded clothes. He found nothing.

In the next drawer, there were still just clothes, and even some condoms. He raised an eyebrow at this, but merely put them back. He was sure they wouldn’t need them soon. He rummaged further, still nothing. Finally, he came to the last drawer, he had to crouch awkwardly to look through it, he looked rather odd with his broken leg in cast sticking out, while his other leg was bent. He looked a bit like he was doing martial arts. As he tugged the drawer open, and he found some belts and scarves, but he thought to have hit the jackpot, when he spotted a medium sized box. It was black cardboard box, with the label: October 2007.

Scott’s curiosity hit a new level, and he was just about to peel the lid off, when a certain female’s voice startled him.
“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Bee said from the doorway, hands on her hips, a piece of hair was in her face and she quickly pushed it back, only for it to fall in front of her face again. She stormed over to Scott, and snatched the box from his grasp.
“What the hell?” he asked, and Bee glared at him, and again he got that sense of familiarity but again, he ignored it.
“Scott you can’t just go snooping through my things!” Bee argued and Scott rolled his eyes as he struggled to get up and despite her annoyance, Bee helped him and Scott sat at the end of the bed.
“What’s the big deal?” Scott asked, he really wanted to know what was in the box.
“It’s private!” Bee hissed almost, and Scott glared at her.
“We’re married aren’t we? We shouldn’t have secrets.” Scott said defiantly. Bee rolled her eyes and walked back towards the door.
“As far as you’re concerned we’re a loveless marriage and as far as I’m concerned, you’re not looking in this box.” Bee snapped angrily and disappeared, most likely to hide the box. Scott glared after her and mumbled some cuss words. No matter, he thought.
“I’ll search for it when you go back to work.” He muttered, and got up and hobbled back to bed.
--
Bee sighed as she stirred the stir-fry that was cooking in the Wok, the smells of herbs and spices were making her mouth water, and her stomach was agreeing as it rumbled gently. She knew she shouldn’t have been so harsh on Scott about the box, but if he saw the contents, he’d most likely freak out, and depress him like before.
She couldn’t take the risk. Scott suffered before when he knew what was in the box, and what happened. She too had suffered, worse than Scott and it pained her to think that Scott had forgot why this box was kept so secret. What was inside the box would make Scott’s progress backtrack and Bee herself wasn’t strong to go through it all again, not yet anyways. She needed Scott’s trust.
No doubt did she love him, but she was beginning to doubt him. Was their love strong enough to last through this? Would Scott ever remember their special relationship?
Bee had no choice; she decided that she must make her husband fall in love with her. Again.
--
Scott and Bee were watching television, a stupid reality show that Scott seemed to enjoy tearing apart. Bee was snuggled at her end of the couch and she shivering slightly. She had a large grey sweatshirt on that actually Scott, but it was unlikely Scott would remember it was his.

“Bee, what was our wedding song?” Scott asked suddenly, and Bee looked at him startled. It was a surprise for him to be even interested in their marriage. Scott switched the TV off by the remote and looked at Bee expectantly.
“Want me to show you?” Bee asked softly, and Scott found himself nodding. Bee uncurled herself a got up, and went to the CD player looking for the ‘song’ they had. She found the CD and put it in. Scott, carefully managed to get up and hobbled to where the CD player was, and watched as Bee pressed play. He didn’t realise how petite Bee was until now, she came up to his chest almost.
He smiled at her slightly she looked so cute for some reason. Music started to play, and Scott found himself feeling lighter.

Sweet, sweet memories you gave-a me
you can't beat the memories you gave-a me

Take one fresh and tender kiss
Add one stolen night of bliss
One girl, one boy
Some grief, some joy
Memories are made of this


“Who is this?” Scott asked, and Bee smiled “Dean Martin, it’s called Memories Are Made Of This.” Bee said, and she found herself smiling at the memories. Scott quickly pressed replay for it start at the beginning and held out his hand to Bee.
“Can I have this dance, Bee?” he asked calmly, and Bee knew she shouldn’t because he needed rest, but this was the side Bee loved to see. That he was trying to remember them. She wasn’t going to waste it. She took his hand, and they instantly interlinked, and they got in the position of the waltz. It was awkward with the cast, but it didn’t seem the bother either of them as the song played and they only swayed gently from side to side. Scott’s hand was at the lowest part of Bee’s back and her hand was on his shoulder, while the other held his hand.

“Who chose it?” Scott asked, and Bee looked up at him.
“You.” She said, and Scott smiled, a real, wide smile. The last verse was playing and both of them could feel the chemistry between them. Bee could see the look in his eyes and Scott could feel the gentle familiarity of his hands touching Bee.
“I have good taste.” He murmured as he gently spun her as the song ended. Bee thanked him quietly for the dance.
“You always said that.” Bee commented as she broke apart from him, their moment was over. Bee switched off the CD and they stood facing each other, a tense feeling in the air.
“I’m sorry I can’t remember things.” Scott said guiltily, and Bee half-smiled.
“I’m sorry I pushed you into remembering we were married. I should have waited. I can’t imagine how hard this is for you.” Bee said sadly. Scott felt a pang in his heart at her tone, and he couldn’t help feel himself feel worse.
“I can’t imagine what it’s like for your husband to forget you.” Scott replied and Bee shrugged as it was no big deal.

“It’s not that you forgot me. It’s the fact you won’t remember me.” Bee said, and despite her confusing words, it did make sense. The tension grew, and Bee couldn’t face it anymore. She wanted to kiss him, to hold him and beg him to come back to her. She wanted to make him love her again. She wanted to make love again. But she couldn’t.
As Scott believed them to be strangers who were married.
“It’s time for bed.” Bee said quickly, breaking the tension and Scott nodded, he did in fact feel exhausted. Bee buzzed into the kitchen and switched off the lights and checked everything was locked up. Bee then helped Scott into the bedroom and helped take off his shorts, which was always a struggle with the cast. Tucking him in, Bee kissed his head like normal.

“Goodnight Scott.” She murmured, as she herself got into bed, the sweatpants she was wearing would suffice as nightwear.
Bee switched off the light and settled into bed, curling her up again.
“Goodnight Bee.” He finally replied, and Bee fell asleep with a lazy smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm quite proud of this chapter as it's set up an idea now.
Any guesses on what the secret it?

Thank you to those who have commented and subscribed, seriously thank you so much :)
I'm getting into this now, I just need to figure out some things to link ideas together.

Please comment/subscribe? <3

Oh and this is the song: wedding song;
it's such a good song, I listened to it throughout writing this chapter :)