Day Is Darkest

Arwen

I could feel him.

He was so close to my heart and yet he was so far away from me. I could not touch him. I could not hold him. I could not give him the comfort and encouragement that he so desperately needed. Lounging at one of the great windows that faced Lothlórien, I could almost imagine that I saw him there, speaking with my grandmother. I reached up and once again found the place where my broach had laid empty.

A parting gift to my love.

A promise that he would return.

"Arwen?" The twin voices brought a sad little smile to my lips. My older brothers came and went from Lothlórien and Imladris as they pleased. There were time when I wished that I could share their freedom of the world. More so after my mother had had been attacked by orcs so many years before. It was why my brothers always insisted on escorting me to and from Lothlórien when the desire to see my mother's family struck me.

"Father told us that that you've made this your home since he left." Elladan began. "I hope that you have not taken completely to neglecting yourself little sister. The Ranger would not approve," Elrohir teased.

It was times like this that I realized just how badly I missed my brothers. I had always adored them. Admired them. I had always wished that I could ride with them on their adventures, but that had never been my fate. I turned and stood up, facing my brothers. "And who would I be to disappoint him or you?" I asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so I know that this is really short, but this is actually to be a companion to Right Where We Belong. This follows three canon women from Lord of the Rings and brings their perspective on the War and on these three human girls who have slipped into their world.