Status: new :) comment please?

You're Just a Daydream Away

she's cold as ice

Rory sighed and knocked on the door, cupcakes in one hand. The door opened suddenly, thrown back and startling Rory.

"Hey, ba-" Sarah stopped mid-sentence and her perfect smile turned into a frown. Her painted lips tugged downwards as she sighed. "It's you," she said dejectedly.

"You ordered cupcakes, I'm here to deliver."

Sarah took the box from here and left the door open, allowing Rory to walk in. "Where's the regular delivery boy?" she asked her sister nicely.

Rory tilted her head sensing that something was aloof in her tone. "He's just out because he's sick. Why?"

"No reason." She turned the subject around on Rory. "And how's Grandma? Are you treating her right? Giving her the medication she needs?"

"I'm treating Gran fine, which is why she's still living with me and not you," she struggled to remain calm, her hands curling into small fists.

"Shut the fuck up, you ugly little bitch!" Sarah screamed, absolutely infuriated while Rory stood completely calm.

"Whatever. Money?" she asked, handing her the receipt.

Sarah looked at her incredulously before digging in her pocket and fishing out ten dollars. "Here, I'm never buying from you or Nan again," she snarled, her voice cold as ice as her words made their way over to Rory.

Rory pocketed the money and smiled, "Good." She couldn't care less.

Three loud knocks sounded through the house and before Rory could head towards the front door Sarah sped past her. Rory slowly followed, just wanting to leave without another word.

Alex knocked on the door, playing with the loose threads on his jacket before looking up. The door had opened and Sarah was sitting there with a grin. She pulled him in her house. He stumbled a bit but laughed at her eagerness. He looked around the beige colored walls before letting his gaze fall back on her.

"What took you so long, baby?" she asked, a small playful smirk on her colored lips.

He laughed as he showed her his watch. "Right on time, I'm not-" Alex was interrupted as a short girl walked past them, her head down so that he could see nothing but her short blond hair. He could make out some faint features but the only thing he could clearly see was that she had the same blonde hair as Sarah, only shorter. Her figure was a bit curvier than her skinny sister and she wasn't dressed to impress. Instead of a skirt and a matching shirt like Sarah was wearing, Rory was wearing a plain white shirt and black skinnies. A green beanie hid half of her hair, almost flying off of her head as she ran out of the house. The door slammed, sending an angry echo through the one story house.

"Who was that?"

"The bitch of a sister."

"Ahhh," Alex replied, feigning interest. Since the fourth month of their relationship Sarah had always made snide remarks to her younger sister. "Why was she here?" he asked playing along with the conversation.

Sarah rolled her eyes. "I just asked for some cupcakes from the bakery and she charged me money. Me, her sister!"

Alex's eyebrows arched over his eyes and he opened to try and explain things to her but decided not to. He had learned that when it came to her little sister she just became the devil. He wasn't sure if there was something that happened in the past or it was just a self-proclaimed hate from Sarah.

"Are there any left?" he asked.

"Of course baby!" she chirped, suddenly in a good mood. "I just got them."

She lead him into the kitchen, opening a vivid lavender box decorated with a single stamp.

She took out a cupcake and handed it to him. "It's incredibly delicious, that I'll admit."

He smiled, knowing that these cupcakes seemed to calm her which is why she had these ordered every other week. He took it from her hand, thanking her with a kiss on her cheek. He carefully licked at the green frosting on top, unwrapping the edges of the paper wrap. "What is it?"

She shrugged, "It's different every other week." She leaned over the cupcake on her toes and licked a bit of the frosting. "Apple Pie Cakes," she answered him, licking the frosting off of her lips with a teasing smile.

Alex bit on his lip, knowing that she expected him to be turned on but he really wasn't. He did care for her, in fact he cared for her a lot, but he just wasn't in the mood today. Plus, he was going on a two-week long tour and he didn't want to do anything he would come back regretting. He liked to think that their relationship was sacred. He wouldn't admit that to anyone but himself. Sarah wasn't the most conventional... perfect girl but they had always stuck by each other and built a solid relationship.

He bit down into the moist cupcake, a small tingle going through him as the flavors washed over his tongue, his taste buds going wild. He finished the cupcake quickly, making sure to lick off all of the frosting off of his lips.

She smiled and pulled his hand to lead him out of the kitchen and into the living room. Sarah jumped onto the vivid red couch, pulling a pillow onto her lap. Alex followed suit, pushing his legs out and bringing her towards him. He kissed her cheek, now holding her in his arms as she dimmed the lights with a remote and continued to watch something he had no idea about. Something about... purses?

"T.V.?" he asked her, handing her the remote. He didn't really care what they were watching, this was their last day together for a bit of a while so she could decide.

She smiled, her back snuggled into his chest as she gently took the remote from his fingers and clicked the big red button before beginning to channel surf. A few minutes later she settled on fashion shoot in some foreign European language.

Even though he had just been thinking about how he was going to miss Sarah he truly couldn't wait for All Time Low to get back on the road, even if it wasn't as long as the regular tours. He knew he would have a lot of fun running around and causing shenanigans with Jack. It would also let the guys and him bond a little bit better. He had noticed that Sarah was beginning to get a bit greedy with their time together and he didn't want the rest of the guys to notice either. He didn't want the guys to have yet another excuse to hate her. He knew Sarah was a complete and utter bitch to some people, but he knew she had a soft side as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
TC; That Girl by All Time Low :)

thoughts? :D comment/sub/blah.

this was pretty much a bit of an introduction, trust me it gets better :P