Status: Formerly known as Stolen

In My Arms

She Opens Her Eyes, And Suddenly She Cries; Can We Help Her?

It had been three days since my sister was murdered, but it felt like it was just hours ago. Most of the time I just stayed in my room. The only time I would come out was to use the bathroom. Food was not even important to me anymore. All I wanted to do was be alone. But no one seemed to understand that.
As if on cue I heard a knock at my door.
“Hey Kasey, can I come in?” I heard someone ask from outside my door.
“Sure.” I said. Since I was laying on my bed I turned over so that whoever walked in wouldn’t be able to see my face.
“The guys and I were gonna watch a movie, why don’t join you us?” Matt asked. I shook my head.
“I’m fine.” I said.
“Ok. Well are you hungry? I can make you something to eat.” He said.
“No thanks,” I said softly.
“Kasey you haven’t eaten anything all day.” He sighed.
“I’m fine, really.” I sniffled.
“Ok. Well if you need to talk, you know where to find me.” He sighed and started walking away.
“I love you Kasey.” He said before shutting my door. As soon as I heard footsteps walk away I let out a shaky breath. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t stop myself from crying. A couple hours passed by and that’s where I stayed. I didn’t make a single move. I didn’t want to. It just hurt too much. But finally around seven in the evening I felt the need to go to the bathroom so I grudgingly got up.
After I did my business I washed my hands. When I looked up in the mirror I was startled by my reflection. My eyes were red, and I had dark circles under my eyes from the lack of sleep. I remembered how much I looked like my sister and started to cry again. My vision got blurry quickly so I sat down on the closed toilet and continued to cry.
“You ok Kasey?” I heard Brian ask from outside my bathroom door.
“Yeah, I’m good.” I said trying to wipe away my tears.
“Dinner’s ready.” He said.
“No thanks.” I sniffled.
“Alright look Kasey, I understand that things are really hard for you right now, but I’m not about to just stand by and watch you destroy yourself. Be down stairs for dinner in five minutes or I’ll come back and take you down there myself.” He said. He sounded like he was trying to act all stern and tough but all I could do was scoff. As soon as he walked away I stood up and opened my medicine cabinet. I pulled out some eye drops and foundation. The eye drops helped make my eye balls a little less red and the foundation helped cover up the redness from my face and the dark circles. Once I was done I walked down stairs and into the dining room. Everyone was already seated so I just took the last seat between Matt and Brian.
As everyone dug into their food all I could do was push my food around with my fork. I took a few bites but that was all my stomach could handle. Dinner was quiet until Matt decided to break the silence.
“Sarah’s funeral is this Saturday at noon.” He said. I nodded my head and realized that it was only two days away.
“So if there’s anything you want to say, just think about it.” He said. I didn’t even bother to look up from my food, afraid I might cry.
“Ok.” I said shortly.
“My moms old pastor will be leading it, he’s a great guy.” He said.
“Can we just please not talk about this?” I snapped as I shot my head up. He looked taken back but shut up none the less.
“Sorry.” He said.
“Can I just go to my room?” I asked.
“You’ve barely even taken two bites.” Zacky said.
“I’m not hungry.” I said.
“Well the last thing you ate was was piece of bread yesterday afternoon.” Jimmy said.
“You can’t keep doing this to yourself. You know this isn’t what Sarah would want you to be doing.” Matt said.
“Stop it! Stop using her as a way to get to me! Just stop!” I said as my voice broke. Having enough I stood up from my chair and walked out of the room and up to my bedroom, making sure to slam the door.
Why couldn’t they just leave me alone. That’s all I wanted.
Matt’s P.O.V.
I sighed as she walked away. I just didn’t know how to get through to her. She didn’t want to talk or eat. She just stayed in her room all day long. Although she didn’t actually tell us she had been crying or we didn’t see her crying, everyone knew she had. It didn’t matter how much makeup she put on, nothing could hide the brokeness in her eyes.
“What do we do?” Brian asked.
“I’m gonna try to talk to her.” I said standing up. When I got to her door I stood outside for a couple seconds. I could hear her crying. From the sound of it, she was crying really hard. She stopped for a few seconds and then began again. What frightned me was the muffled scream I heard. Quietly I walked into her room and shut the door behind me.
“I know this is really hard for you. But I can’t help you unless you talk to me. I need you to talk to me.” I said sitting down on her bed.
“Im sorry I just don’t want to.” She said as her voice broke.
“Ok. Can I least get you anything?” I asked hopeful. Finaly she turned over so I could see her.
“Can I get some Advil. My head hurts a lot.” She said looking at me. I nodded my head and went to the kitchen and got two. I also took a bottle of water with me and gave her the pills.
“Thanks.” She said softly.
“Get some sleep.” I told her and then kissed her forehead. She nodded her head and laid back dwn. As I was leaving I stopped at the door.
“I love you Kasey.” I said.
“I love you too.” She whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
As you can tell kasey is having a really hard time dealing with this. This chapter and the next few chapters will loosley be based off what i went through when my grandma(she wasn't really my grandma but she was like one) passed away suddenly. On a saturday night my mom got an email that she was in the hospital because of a heart attack. I guess was in sort of denial and i just went on with my night. The next morning i went to church (this was how i knew her) and the pastor was talking about her condition. Apparently she had had a heartattack somewhere between Monday and Tuesday, and she collapsed on the floor. but since she lived alone no one knew about it, and her son didnt check on her until Saturday morning, where her found her lying on the kitchen floor. So she had been laying there for about five days, but she was still alive. So that Sunday I went to see her for the first time. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't what i saw. I mean i should have figured since she was in the ICU. Since I have a tendecy to push people away, I never really told her what she meant to me, all this time i had thought of her as my grandma but i never really had the guts to tell her. So the doctors let me be alone with her, and i told her everything. Throughout the entire time she was squeezing my hand, and when i called her my grandma she made direct eye contact with me and was crying. The doctors said that i was the first person she made eye contact with. So the next day I went back to see her and I met her daughter Desiree, who was in her forties or fifties. There were other people there too, they all said she was doing really good and that she'd get better. Well the next morning my mom woke me up to tell me that she had passed away. Her daughter had called my mom as soon as possible because she didnt want me to be at school and find out through Facebook. But I went to school anyways cause i didnt want to be by myself. All my friends were great, even people that I didnt even really talk to in class. My teachers even excused me from my work all day, even my bitchiest teacher. then the next two days i didnt go to school. But I was like Kasey in a way, i couldnt eat anything. Cuse if i did i just ended up puking it up. It took me about three weeks to get back to a norml eating schedule, but i did.It's still hard for me, but it gets a little easier.
Please comment and subscribe!
In Memory of Cherie June Johnson Hayes