Status: Formerly known as Stolen

In My Arms

I Feel Alone Here, And Cold Here, Though I Don't Want To Die

When I woke up I realized that I was still in my clothes from the funeral and that I was laying on my bed. My head was killing. All I wanted to do was go back to sleep so that I wouldn’t have to feel the any pain. I peeled off my clothes and put some comfy clothes on. I breathed in a deep breath and calmly let it out. Then my silent cries began. I tried to wipe away the tears but they just wouldn’t go away.
All of a sudden all of this sadness I had in me turned to anger. People always say that there’s a god. But if that’s true, then what kind of god would let something like this happen? How could he just do this to me? Why? I hated it so much. Why did she have to die?
Finally I couldn’t control the anger in me anymore and went to my bathroom sink. I figured if washed my face with some cool water that maybe I could cool down. It worked for a second. But as soon as I looked into the mirror all of the anger and rage just flooded back to me. Without even thinking I brought my closed fist and punched the mirror making it shatter. I stood there for a few seconds looking at what I had done. And honestly it felt good to take my anger out on something.
“What the fuck happened?” Matt ran in shouting. I didn’t really know what to say so I just stood there, looking kind of guilty.
“Let me see your hand?” He sighed after not getting a response. I brought it up slowly and noticed that there were small pieces of glass stuck in it and there was blood just dripping down it.
“We need to get to the emergency room.” He sighed. Before we left, he got a towel to gently wrap around my fist. It only stung a little. I suppose I was a little numb to everything right now. When we got to the hospital, they took me right away since it was empty.
“Hi, I’m Dr. Petrelli. So what happened here?” He asked gently taking my hand.
“She punched a mirror.” Matt said.
“Why would you do that?” He asked me.
“I was angry.” I said simply.
“Ok well I can fix this right up.” He said. After about ten minutes he had all of the glass out and bandaged my knuckles up. However, he said that since it was swelling they needed to run an X-Ray to make sure nothing was broken. While I was getting the X-ray done, the doctor pulled Matt aside to talk with him.
Matt’s P.O.V.
“Has Kasey been acting like this for a while?” The doctor asked me.
“Well, no. Her sister was murdered a couple days ago. She’s just having a hard time dealing with it. The funeral was today.” I explained.
“Well I know these things can be hard, especially for someone her age. But I wanted to give you my brothers card, he’s a therapist or a counselor. Whatever you want to call it. Maybe he can help. Just tell him Nathan recommended you.” He said handing me a card.
“Ok thanks.” I said and nodded my head. I wasn’t completely sure that she needed see a therapist this soon. Maybe she just needed time to grieve. I didn’t want to push her into anything just yet. Once we were done, Kasey came back and we waited for the results.
“Bad news is you’re going to need a cast on for at least six weeks, good news is you can pick out any color.” The doctor said coming back.
“Pink.” She said simply. He nodded his head and applied the cast.
“Remember punch pillows not mirrors.” He told her as we left. When we got home everyone signed her cast and Jimmy drew a picture of a monkey juggling coconuts. Or at least that’s what it looked like.
♠ ♠ ♠
Be on the look out for a couple updates today, along with a couple for She's So Country! Comment and subscribe! Thanks!