Status: Formerly known as Stolen

In My Arms

All She Wants And All She Needs Are Reasons to Survive

Kasey’s P.O.V.
“I don’t understand why I have to see a doctor!” I argued. How were they supposed to fix this?
“Kasey it’s for your own good. What if this keeps happening? Then what? You woke up in the middle of nowhere! We were scared to death!” Matt said.
“But I came home!” I said.
“And what if next time you don’t? What if next time you sleep walk into traffic? What if some pervert picks you up off the street? You could be gone forever without even a trace! Last night you almost jumped off the pier!” He argued.
“Then handcuff me to the bed! Lock my door!” I pleaded.
“That’s not going to help Kasey! Whatever is going on has to stop. We’re going to the doctors today.” He said firmly. Angrily, I stormed out of the kitchen and up to my bedroom, slamming the door.
*****
As we were sitting in the waiting room, my knee kept bouncing up and down. To say the least, I was nervous. What if they told me something was wrong? What would I do? What if they couldn’t fix me?
“Kasey Sanders.” The nurse called out. Matt and I walked up to her and she led us to a small room.
“The doctor will be here in a minute.” She said and left.
“You’re going to be fine, Kasey.” Matt told me. I nodded my head but kept quiet. A few minutes passed and finally the doctor came in. I noticed that he was the same person who fixed my hand when I punched the mirror.
“Kasey, what brings you here today?” He asked me pulling out my chart.
“Ask him.” I muttered keeping my head down.
“She’s been sleepwalking.” He said.
“Well that’s normal for a kid her age, especially during times of stress.” Dr. Petrelli said.
“It’s more than just sleepwalking. The other day when we woke up, she was nowhere to be found. A couple hours later she called and said she woke up in the middle of the desert. And then last night she walked out onto the pier and almost jumped.” Matt said.
“Alright, I’m gonna run a few tests. And then we’ll take it from there.” He said. He turned to the cabinet and pulled out a few things.
“First I’m going to take some blood, and then I’ll send you down the hall for some brain scans.” He said. I nodded my head, but grew scared when I saw the needle. Matt must have noticed because he came to sit next to me and put his arm around me.
“Just relax.” He said softly. I whimpered a little when the doctor stuck the needle into my arm. After he took a few vials of blood, he put a band aid on me and walked me to the other room. Matt had to wait outside as another doctor set up the machine. In about thirty minute’s all of the scans were finished, so he took me back to my room with Matt.
“So I went over the brain scan and everything is normal.” He said.
“So you’re saying it’s all in my head?” I asked.
“Not exactly, but all your tests are fine. Have you ever seen a psychologist?” He asked me.
“No.” I said.
“Why do you suggest a psychologist?” Matt asked.
“Well many sleep disorders are triggered by something psychological. Seeing someone won’t immediately cure you from sleepwalking though. It will take time. But till then, I recommend getting locks on all the doors and putting them out of reach. Also putting anything sharp or harmful out of reach. Basically you should just baby proof the house.” He told us. Matt nodded his head and thanked him. On our way home, he stopped at a store to pick up locks and other stuff. When we got home, Matt told all the guys what happened and they went to work on the house.
A couple hours I went to check on them and found that they had put locks on the tops of every door in the house. They put locks on the kitchen drawers that held knives and locked all the windows. It was like I was living in a prison, even though I knew it was just to protect me.
“I made an appointment with a psychologist for tomorrow.” Matt said walking into my room.
“I don’t want to go.” I said softly.
“Why not? It might help?” He asked.
“It might not.” I said back.
“If seeing a psychologist is going to help you, then go see a psychologist. Why are you being so stubborn?” he asked irritated.
“How am I being stubborn?” I asked confused.
“You didn’t even want to go to the doctor. You said you were fine. But then I wake up and you almost throw yourself off the pier. This isn’t getting better. Do you understand what this feels like?” He said.
“How would you like to be the one sleepwalking?” I challenged.
“I wouldn’t want to be. But if it was and I could find a way to stop it by seeing a psychologist then I would go. This isn’t just happening to you, it’s happening to me too. I feel so panicked because you’re out there and you’re not yourself. I’m worried that someone is going to hurt you, or something bad is going to happen to you.” He said.
“Why can’t you just handcuff me to the bed?” I whispered.
“Kasey, I’m worried.” He said sitting down on my bed.
“Ok I’ll see a psychologist.” I agreed finally. He nodded his head and kissed me on the forehead.
*****
The next day I woke up and got dressed to see the psychologist. I was silent the entire way there. I wondered whether I was going to get a guy or a girl. What were they like? Would any of this actually help?
“Kasey Sanders.” A man called for me. I stood up and walked to the door and he let me in.
“I’ll be right here.” Matt said as I walked away. I nodded my head and followed the psychologist.
“I’m Dr. Petrelli. I think you saw my brother at Saint Angelo’s Hospital.” He said as he led me to his office.
“Yeah.” I said softly. I sat down in a nice big comfy chair and he sat a few feet away from me.
“So do you know why you’re here?” he asked me after a few minutes.
“I’ve been sleepwalking.” I said. He nodded his head and wrote on his clipboard.
“How long has this been going on?” He asked.
“About a week.” I said.
“And what happens when you sleepwalk?” He asked.
“I don’t know. I wake up and I can’t remember anything.” I said.
“Has anything traumatic happened lately?” He asked. I nodded my head.
“And that would be?” He pushed.
“My sister was murdered.” I said softly. He nodded his head and wrote on his clipboard.
“What was her name?” He asked.
“Sarah Vega.” I said.
“Why do you guys have different last names?” He asked confused.
“When Matt took custody of me I took his last name.” I said.
“So he legally adopted you?” He asked. I nodded my head.
“Why did he adopt you, if you had your sister?” He asked.
“Well I lived with my mom, dad, and sister. But when my sister had to leave she convinced my parents to sign custody over to Matt.” I said without giving too much information.
“Why couldn’t you stay with your parents?” He pushed.
“They’re bad people.” I said averting my eyes. He nodded his head and wrote more.
“So after your sister left, she was murdered?” He asked. I nodded my head.
“How was she murdered?” He asked.
“She was shot.” I said shakily.
“I think we’re done for today.” He said realizing I was getting nervous.
“I’ll be seeing you three times a week. Here’s my number in case of an emergency.” He said handing me his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for such the long wait. I've been swamped with scool and family. But hopefully updates will be back to normal. tell me what you think! Comment and subscribe!

*Also check out the character page. There are now picture of both Dr. Petrellis'. :)
LOL I'm a huge Heroes fan!!!!!!