Addict For Dramatics

Chapter Two

"My records say his name is Patrick Martin Stump," she read the familiar name from her papers. The mug of coffee I had in my hands dropped to the ground. The hot beverage splashed all over the cream colored carpet.

"WHAT?!" I screamed. "HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!"

"I-Is there a problem?" she stuttered. Fear shone brightly in her eyes. Now she was probably quite certain that I was insane.

"No, I'm sorry. I kind of over reacted a bit there," I apologized while picking up the mug that I had previously dropped.

"You'll be moving to Glenview, Illinois tomorrow then. I will be back here to pick you up in the morning so be ready by then," she said, snapping her briefcase shut.

"See you tomorrow then," I smiled, placing the mug onto the coffee table. She got up and left. I watched from the window as she pulled out of the driveway and sped down the street. I went into the kitchen and pulled out a towel from the drawer. After dampening it and returned to the living room and lay it down onto the stain in hopes that it would soak up some of the coffee. It wasn't like it mattered much now that there was no one to really care. Not like my parents had ever cared about what I did. I was always just a burden to them. It was like I always spoiled their fun. They were never home lately. Always out somewhere drinking or gambling. I used to have only one outlet. School. That quickly ended however once I entered high school. I stopped finding a purpose to it so I just stopped going. I wasn't used to other people either. Just myself. Deciding to start my packing, I went up the stairs into my room. The floor was covered with dirty laundry and cds. My walls were plastered with dozens of posters. I looked up at a familiar face taped onto the wall over my TV. The face of a person that I had just been informed, was my godfather. What I didn't get was how he was my godfather. He wasn't much older than I was. My 18th birthday was in a few months. Then I would be free. I wouldn't have to stay with anybody. I could go anywhere I wished. Then a thought hit me. This was a like a new chance for me. A new start. I decided right then and there to try and change. For once I wanted to do something with my life. This new idea excited me. I pulled out a duffel bag and began to stuff clothes into it with a new enthusiasm. I had a new view on life. And I liked it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, A bit messy. I was half asleep when I wrote this chapter. Comments? Questions? Suggestions? Ideas? Predictions? By the way, Subscriptions make me happy ^__^

xoxo RYRO