Second Chances

Chapter 10

Chapter 10

“Sammy please let me in,” Anna says again for the millionth time.

“Don’t call me that, my name is Sam.” I say as I finish up the last of my packing. I sigh and open the door to Anna’s pouting face.

“Come on just because your getting kicked out doesn’t mean I’m going to. Really what’s the point.” Anna says as soon as the door cracks open.

“Gee, what’s the point of having a sister? Don’t you remember anything about mom” my voice becoming more and more high pitched.

“Sammy look-”

“Don’t call me Sammy.”

“Your being ridiculous”

“Really Anna, I’m being ridiculous. LOOK AROUND YOU!”

“Moms dead Sam! Ruth is all we’ve got left”

“Don’t say that Anna, DON’T SAY THAT!” I scream into her face as I walk past her to the stairs with my hands filled with my bags. She follows me until I get to the door and get outside but I turn around to really look at her “I thought I had a sister, but I guess we can’t count on anything these days.” I say with more of a sadder tone then I’d intended.

And as I turn around I hear a whisper. “Sam,” I turn and look at her, her eyes to the ground. “I don’t think I want you to come back here.”

I turn around and quickly walk towards Mikes house and away from the one what used to be my own. A single tear grazes my face. Nice to know who really loves you in the world.

***************

“Sammy… you okay?”

“Noooo.” I say while sniffling. I feel myself being pulled into a big bear hug.

“What happen?”

“Well Ruth got to pick my punishment which kind of explains why I’m carrying everything I own with me, so when I’m finished packing Anna and me got in this huge fight about her not doing anything and mom and stuff and then…and then she told me she doesn’t want me to come back.”

“Sam look at me, she was mad she didn’t mean it”

“But she wasn’t mad when she said it, she actually meant it.”

“You’ll always have me though, I swear. When you need me just call”

“Promise?”

“Of course I promise.” He says as he grabs my bags already knowing what I need to ask his mom.

“Samantha sweetheart are you okay? It couldn’t have gone that badly.” Mrs. Stewart says in a soothing voice as Mike walks me into the living room carrying my bags for me.

“It was pretty bad, actually worse then bad.”

“Oh darling come here” she says while patting the couch, while Mike awkwardly stood in the frame of the hallway, she hugged me and I started to cry. There people are more of a family to me then my own are.

“Tell me everything.”

“Well, Ruth kicked me out” and then she finally sees Mike standing there with all of my bags. “So I was kind of wondering if you might consider…”

“… Of COURSE you can stay with us! You know we think of you as family!” Yeah that’s right I’m family, just another reason why Mike would never in a million years like me.
♠ ♠ ♠
this one is extremely short but i have more chapters written so im garnteed to update quicker. Plus im posting more today.

comment with feedback :)