Status: [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

What Separates Me From You

Fan-Girl, Fan-Boy.

June 25th: Houston, TX

I must have looked like a pathetic sight with my head on the table and arms sprawled out in opposite directions. My clipboard was still in my hand; it was permanently glued there. Red cups were littered all around me; some upside down, some still with booze in them. I shut my eyes tightly trying to relax myself. It wasn’t working to well.

“You know, I’m kind of insulted you decided to get drunk instead of watching our set,” that all too familiar voice said, joining me at my table. “What’s more you got drunk without me.”

My head throbbed. There was a time and place for everything and right now was not the time to deal with Jeremy.

“I’m not drunk. Go away, Jeremy,” I barked. Maybe my hostility would scare him away.

I could feel him smile at me even though my head was down on the table.

“Oh, on a first name basis now, are we? I’m curious, why didn’t you drink?” he pestered.

“Because I’m responsible!” I snapped at him, bringing my head up and giving him snake eyes.

“You know you’re 0-2,” he informed me.

“Shut up. I could make your life a living hell if I wanted.”

“Sure…”

Jeremy really needed a babysitter or something. My job was to run events not watch after a baby in a man suit.

“What, you don’t believe me?” I asked.

“You’re all talk,” he replied.

I frowned at him, “Why are you even here, Jeremy?”

“Just seeing what my favorite person was up to. Obviously nothing, cause you’re laying here with a bunch of empty cups around you.”

I ignored his statement, “Won’t you get tackled by some ravaging fan-girl?”

Jeremy laughed, “Yeah, well. How about you? Won’t you get stacked by some hormonal fan-boy?”

I actually found myself laughing at this. What was wrong with me? “I don’t have fans.”

“I could to think of one,” he replied with a smile.

My heart stopped beating. Did I hear what I thought I just heard? The smile on Jeremy’s face told me yes. My mind was frozen, unsure of how to take his statement. What would be a proper way to respond to him?

Abruptly, I stood up which scared Jeremy a little bit as he noticeably jumped in his seat. I grabbed the cup of water I had been drinking and threw it in his face. Jeremy stood up, drenched in water and shock.

“What was that for?!”

“Now we’re 1-2,” I informed him as I walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback? :]