Can't Stop, Won't Stop

For Tini aka ToxicTerror

"Let's watch this city burn." The lyrics poured out of the speakers as I wiped the counter down. There were only a few people in the diner tonight but that was typical for Tuesday night. I smiled at John, my usual, he was a sweet older guy in his 60's that always tipped well.
"Slow night Hay?" He asked as he fished his wallet from his pocket.
"Yea. I was expecting a few more people. But hey," I shrugged lightly, "Its a Tuesday." He chuckled and put the money on the counter.
"Well I hope it speeds up for ya Hun. See you later Hayden." He smiled and got up as he slid his jacket on. John waved and then walked out the door. I sighed and sat on a bar stool. My mind wandering to a certain forbidden boy. His name was Jorel Decker.
One of my brothers best friends. See I grew up in the big city of Los Angeles with my brother Matt and his best friends George, Dylan, and Jordan. Their like brothers but Jorel always was different. His body was covered in tattoos, he had gauges in his ears, and he was the sweetest guy I've ever known...at least sweeter then my brother. My mind was pulled from my thoughts as the sound of laughter erupted in the silent diner.
"Jorel Decker put me down now!" I recognized the yelling as my best friend Cameron and laughed also. It was a funny sight. Jay had Cam over his shoulder fireman style and was in the process of walking to the mens room.
"Jorel don't I have to drive her home." George stated and Jay got an evil gleam in his eyes and walked faster. George stayed a good two feet behind them just in case Jorel accidently dropped his girlfriend. The other guys sat in a booth and I got up.
"Hey mami." Dylan grinned.
" 'Ey Papi, Jordan, and Matt." I smiled at them. "What'd Cam do now?"
"Well her and George were talking about something and Jorel heard them. I guess it was about him cause the next thing we know. He has her on his shoulder and was yelling something about your worst nightmare." Jordan said while laughing.
"Had to be there?" I asked my brother and he nodded. I looked back to see Cam hitting Jorel and walking over with George. George had an arm around Cam and she had a smile on her face. I smiled but was a mix of happy and sad, like i always felt when I saw them together. I had always been jealous of their relationship. She was the new girl in town. She didn't have the 'You can't date the band mates' rule. Jorel came over and gave me a hug, which pulled me from my thoughts.
"Hey Hay." He said with a smile.
"Hey Jay. Something new or-" I said with a slight smirk.
"The usual." He said with a smile and sat in the booth away from George and Cameron who grabbed a few chairs. "The usual for you guys too?" I asked and they nodded.
"How about you join us for once?" Jay asked and patted the spot next to him.
"I can't. I have other customers to attend to." I smiled slightly and walked away. Cam shook her head and got up following me. I walked around the counter and gave Jeff, the chef, their order. She sat on a stool and was staring at me with her genuine grin that had 'I know something' written all over it.
"Hey Cam." I said.
"Sup Hayden." She replied with that grin.
"What are you so grinny about?" I asked and raised an eyebrow. "And why were you being dragged into the mens room?"
"I'm grinny because I finally know something that no one else does. And Jay was dragging me in there because I was gonna tell George." She huffed the last part and rested her head on my nicely cleaned counter.
"I wanna know. What were you gonna tell George?" I asked curious as to what it was and why jay didn't want George to know.
"Well you see that's tricky." Cam replied.
"How so? Come on you were my friend before you met them."
"You won't believe me if I do." She said and I shook me head.
"Yes I will. Now what is it?" She bite her lip and looked back at our friends that were goofin around. Cam stood up and grabbed my arm dragging me into the girls room.
"Someone likes you. A lot." She said emphasizing someone. I raised an eyebrow confused. She grabbed me and opened the door and pointed towards the group. "Someone." She said nodding vigorously to them. I looked at my friends again. George was looking around the diner, probably looking for Cam. Jordan was, well being Jordan. Dylan had my brother in a headlock and was giving him a noogy. And Jorel was looking right at us. I blushed and shut the door quickly.
"Jorel?" I asked. She once again nodded. "No he doesn't." I said taking another look out of the room and saw him talking to George. I turned back to look at her.
"He told me himself. And then I tried to tell George and well you saw what happened. I'm probably damned for all eternity if he finds out I told you." Cameron stated and leaned her head on a bathroom stall door. 'Jorel liking me? It can't be true.' I thought to myself as I looked back out at them.
"He probably was covering up about something else." I replied. She sighed and I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Your my best friend, my sister, and my pimp." She said with a smile. "Now why would I lie about him liking you. The one guy that your head over heels for. Now don't make me tell him you like him too." I looked at her with wide eyes to see an evil grin on her face.
"Cameron Taylor Roberts if you even think-" I couldn't finish my threat cause she ran out of the bathroom and to our friends. I shot out behind her but was to late she was sitting innocently on her boyfriends lap. All the guys were staring at us like we were crazy but no one said anything. A bell rang through the diner and I walked to where the kitchen window was. I looked at Jeff confused, there was only Jays usual and what I normally ate.
"Your friend with the three on his neck told me to forget the other orders." he stated and went back to cleaning the grill.
"He say what?" I asked more to myself as I turned to find the diner vacant except Jorel. Who was sitting in a booth thinking to himself. I picked up the two plates and walked over to the booth. I set them down and took a seat across from him. He looked up with a smile.
"Finnaly gonna join me?" He asked.
"Well our friends didn't really leave me a choice." I stated.
"Oh." He said sounding sad.
"But I'd rather eat with you then the group." I said quickly, and saw that smile I loved.
"Well I like it too." He grinned and took a bite out of his burger. I dug into my veggie burger. A comfortable silence fell over us but my mind was racing. 'Was Cam really telling the truth? Did he like me more then a friend?' Jay looked at me while munching on a fry.
"So...you like anyone?" He asked randomly.
"W-what?" I stuttered, choking on a fry.
"It's not chock worthy. Just wondering." He looked at me. I stopped coughing finally and nodded.
"Yea, there's a guy I like." I said looking at the remainder of my food. Suddenly my interest in the dish ware the diner used seemed highly interesting.
"Do I know them?" He asked interestedly.
"Yea." I said softly, "Is it just me or have the fries here gotten better?" I asked eating a few fries.
"Who is it?" He asked ignoring my question.
"That my friend is a secret. So what about you? Anyone your interested in?" I asked curiously but also scarred.
"Yea there is." He said with a smile.
"She's a lucky gal. What's she like?" I asked not looking at him.
"Well she's lucky to start." He chuckled, "She's got these really beautiful blue eyes, she can stand my friends and their girlfriends. She is sweet and works at this diner in LA." He paused, I looked up and met his eyes. My stomach was doing somersaults. Was this really happening?
"What about that guy?" He asked.
"W-well he's got these dark brown eyes and gauges. Really hot looking with his tattoos but his personality is the most attractive thing about him. He doesn't stand for peoples shit and would do anything for his family and friends. He's talented, sweet, and I've liked him a long time. But he's a good friend of my brother and I could never be with him." I said softly finally able to break the gaze, I looked out the window by the booth. I heard the table squeak and I looked back at him. I found him leaning on the table so he was closer to me. I bit my lip and stared into his captivating eyes. Subconsciously I leaned closer to him and he softly kissed me. I kissed him back and a faint cheering could be heard. We broke apart and looked out the window to see our friends hootin and hollering by the window. My brother was shaking his head but he had a smile on. My face started to burn and I looked away from the window blushing. Jay chuckled and looked back at me.
"So where does this leave us?" I asked.
"Well either we go back to the way things were and forget about this." He said while taking my hand, "Or you can be my girlfriend and we'll see what happens." I looked at our hands and then at him. I couldn't speak so I did the second best thing to answering him. I put my free hand on his cheek and kissed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this. Took me all 24 hours of my long flight to come up with it. The ending is cheesy but I know you'll like atleast part of it.