Summer Holds Such Wonderful Things

003

"Hmmm..." She sighed. "I've never...Cried over a guy." The whole group went silent. Lisa gasped, realising what she'd said. Jack took the bottle. Everyone turned to stare.

"What? The notebook was sad." He said trying to lighten up the mood. I had my eyes on Alex.

"I'm so sorry." Lisa sighed taking his hand in hers. "I didn't mean to."

"It's okay." A tear slid down his cheek. Lisa wiped it away with her thumb. Alex took the bottle and drank and drank and drank. "One for everytime." He sighed. Zack took the bottle and had a mouthful. Jack, Rian, Lisa and Kara all did too.

"I love you bro." Alex sighed.

"I'm sorry." I sighed. "I can't do this." I got up and went into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I could hear everyone outside asking why I'd left. There was a light knock and the door.

"Yeah?" I asked weakly.

"It's me." Jack smiled poking his head in the door. "Can I come in?" I nodded in reply as Jack walked over to me and wiped away the tears that had run down my cheeks.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Nothing really." I sighed. "I just feel like I shouldn't be here."

"What? That's crazy!" Jack smiled. "Of course you should be here."

“But Alex-"

"No buts." He sighed. "Okay?" I nodded. "Good. Now come on."

"I'll just be a minute."

"Mmkay," He sighed leaving the room.

I turned around to face the mirror. I splashed my face with water and then turned and left. I walked back over to the group who were now strewn all over the room. I sat in between Jack and Zack on the couch.

The night went on and we kept drinking. I was drinking for my parents and Alex for his brother.

..........

I made my way over to the bedroom where Alex and Lisa were. Lisa was sprawled on the bed, asleep. Alex was sitting on the floor against the closet doors.

"Hey." He smiled wiping away a tear and patting the spot next to him. I sat down handing him water. "Thanks."

"Everyone's asleep." I said taking a sip of the water. I was trying to sober up. "I couldn't sleep."

"Yeah, me either." He sighed. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I asked.

"Your parents' accident."

"Yeah, their accident." I said sarcastically.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked. "You said they were in an accident."

"Nothing, forget it." Alex shot me a 'tell me' look.

"Okay, okay." I sighed. "They didn't really have an accident. My dad, well, he was into drugs and alcohol and sometimes when he was really drunk he would hit my mum." Alex sucked in a breath. "He overdosed on heroin one night at a mate’s place. About a week later I found my mum dead in her bathroom. The stress of everything that had happened with my dad sent her over the edge. I'm an only child, so after everything I lived with my aunt, we never really got along. On my 18th birthday I packed my bags and left. I've been by myself ever since." I finished wiping away tears.

Alex put his hands on my shoulders and turned me to face him. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in to hug him.

"I'm so, so sorry." He whispered in my ear. I just nodded not wanting to let go. Being in Alex's arms was comforting. I felt like I could trust him.

"You're the only person I've told." I said sitting back against the doors. "Just keep this between us for now?"

"Of course." He smiled.

"Anyway, what about your brother?" I asked.

"My brother?" He sighed. "There's not much to tell. Nobody knows why he did it. Just that he did. It's been eating at me every day since. You know I wrote We All Fall Down and Lullabies about him?"

"I'm sorry." I said wiping away a tear that had run down his cheek. "Yeah, I know."

"Yeah, me too." He smiled. "You really are a fan, aren't you?" He laughed half-heartedly.

"Like you wouldn't believe. After my parents, I heard about you guys and gave you a listen. Then I couldn't stop listening. The thing I love the most about you guys is that I can relate to your lyrics, your voice is amazing and your music is just, well, magnificent." I said. "Oh, and Jack's a babe." I smiled.

"Well, thank you. I'm glad. You're probably the only fan that would admit that. The rest would say it's because we're hot or something." He laughed. "Jack? What about me?"

"Yeah. I guess." I smiled. "But you have Lisa and that is perfect."

Alex and I just talked after that for what felt like hours. I wanted to know Alex. To be able to understand him. Strip away all the bullshit and give me Alex Gaskarth.
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda short, sorry guys!

let me know what you think :)