Summer Holds Such Wonderful Things

004

"Alesha." I heard someone whisper. "Alesha!" I wanted to open my eyes, to see who was calling my name. I couldn't. My eye lids were heavy, my whole body was heavy. I could see my mum and my dad; they were walking away from me. I tried chasing them, but got nowhere. Images flashed through my mind. My mum lying on the bathroom floor, surrounded by her own blood and the blade she used, my dad in a hospital bed, doctors’ surrounding him, shouting orders at each other, the sound of that one continuous beep as his heart stopped beating. "Alesha!" I jolted awake. Sweat beaded my forehead and I was gasping for air.

“Oh my god. Is she okay?” Someone asked. I still couldn’t breathe and my vision was slightly blurred.

“My hand.” Someone gasped. I hadn’t realised it before but I was gripping someone’s hand, my nails digging in. Slowly, I released my grip and laid back. My head was spinning, I couldn’t concentrate and my stomach was threatening to spill its contents.

“Get her some water.” Someone ordered. I was handed a glass, my hands were shaking uncontrollably, I couldn’t drink. “I’ll take her.” I was picked up bridal style and taken into another room.

I looked around confused, my thoughts were swimming. I could still see the images of the dream when I closed my eyes. I could hear the sound of running water and then I was picked up again. The water hit my face. Someone had put me in the shower. I was still fully clothed. I struggled to take off my hoodie, when someone reached out to help me. The water was hot against my skin; it sent shivers through my body. Slowly my vision started to clear and I could make out someone standing just outside the shower. I blinked and rested my head against the cool tiles as the hot water set in. I could just make out who it was.

“Alex.” I whispered wrapping my arms around my knees and pulling them up to my chest. “It was horrible. They were there, everywhere. Pictures and flashes and I tried to get to them but-” I couldn’t finish my sentence. My eyes welled with tears.

“Shhh,” Alex tried soothing me. “It’ll all be okay.” He turned off the water and came and helped me stand. I wrapped my arms around him, not caring that I was soaking wet. “You’re parents?” He asked.

“Yes.” I breathed tears spilling over.

Alex led me over to the bath and sat me on the edge. He knelt down in front of me, pushing my wet hair from my eyes.

“Jack.” He called.

“No, Alex. I can’t tell him.”

“Yes you can. You have to.” He assured me. The door to the bathroom opened as Jack walked in.

-JACK’S POV-

We were all sitting in the kitchen, confused wondering what the hell was going on.

“Jack.” I heard Alex call from the bathroom.

I got up and made my way over. I opened the door and walked in, closing it behind me. Alex was kneeling on the floor in front of Alesha who was sitting on the edge of the bath. She looked terrible. Her hair was everywhere and her eyes were puffy and red from crying. I rushed over and sat beside her wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. Alesha looked at Alex sadly.

“I’ll leave you two alone.” He smiled squeezing Alesha’s hand and walking out.

-ALESHA’S POV-

“Jack.” I started. “I have to tell you something.”

“What is it? You can tell me anything.” He smiled rubbing soft circles on my arm with his thumb.

“It’s about my parents.”

“What about them?”

“Well, they weren’t really in an accident.”

“What do you mean?”

I went on to tell Jack the whole story, down to every last detail. I also told him about the dream and how real it was.

“Oh my god. I’m so sorry. I had no idea.”

“It’s okay, honestly.” I smiled looking up at him. “That’s why Alex was the one to bring me in here because I told him last night. I wanted to tell you first but you were asleep and I know Alex and I know exactly how we both feel about all this, because of his brother and everything.”

“It’s okay, I understand.” He smiled kissing my temple.

"Thank you," I sighed leaning into him.
♠ ♠ ♠
soooo, what do you think ? :)