Summer Holds Such Wonderful Things

005

I walked through Brisbane airport looking for any signs of All Time Low, nothing. I made my way up to the reception desk.

“How can I help you?” A lady asked.

“Hi, I was just wondering where the gate to the flight to Maryland, USA is.”

“Uh, yes. I won’t be a moment.” She smiled typing away at her keyboard. “Gate B-4.”

“Thank you.” I smiled and turned toward Gate B.

When I got there Alex was sprawled across about three or four chairs, asleep and everyone else were just sitting around. Jack had his back to me as I walked up. Zack noticed me and I put my finger in front of my mouth to tell him to be quiet. I walked up to Jack and put my hands over his eyes.

“Guess who?” I smiled.

“Santa Clause, no, mum, no, ummmm, I give up.” He laughed putting his hands over mine and pulling them free. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. “Hey, it’s you.” He smiled kissing my cheek. “What are you doing here?”

“Well, I couldn’t pass up the chance to say goodbye to you, all of you.” I smiled sitting down next to Jack. Alex yawned and stretched, sitting up.

“Hey, sleepyhead.” I laughed.

“Hey.” He smiled hugging me from the side. “What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to say goodbye.”

“Fair enough.” He chuckled, standing up. Alex walked over to where Lisa was sitting and sat with her. Alex intertwined their fingers and whispered something in her ear making her giggle.

“They’re cute, aren’t they?” Rian asked. I hadn’t even realised he had sat down.

“Yeah.” I smiled absently. “So are you and Kara.”

“Ha, thanks.” He laughed. “Wanna walk?”

“Sure.” I got up helping Rian up too. We walked out of the gate and into the main lobby.

“So, you and Jack?” Rian asked.

“I don’t know.” I said honestly. “I think we’re just friends.”

“Do you want to know what I think?” He asked.

“Sure.”

“I think he likes you.” He smiled nudging me with his shoulder.

“Really? I know this sounds crazy, considering I’ve only known you guys for a week but you’ve all helped me and changed my life so much, you have no idea and I think I do like Jack too. But I don’t think I’m ready for that. I think I’d prefer to be just friends, for now.”

“Yeah, I agree. Well, it was amazing meeting you too and we’ll stay in contact all the time, email, IM, you know. Don’t worry about Jack too much. He’s happy regardless.” Rian smiled.

“Thanks Ri.” I smiled. I felt so much better now that I had finally admitted it. By now we were back at the gate and on our way back to where everyone was gathered.

“Have you got everything?” Matt was asking the group. Everyone doubled checked their bags.

“We board in 10 minutes so do what you have to do.”

Rian and I reached the group. He went off to Kara, so I was left standing alone. My hands started to shake and I knew that if I didn’t leave now I would definitely cry. I turned on my heel and made way for the exit.

“Alesha!” Jack yelled. I made an effort to walk faster. I could hear him catching up. Jack grabbed my arm and pulled me to him. “What are you doing? Where are you going? Why are you crying?” I hadn’t realised I was crying until Jack wiped away my tears with his thumbs.

“I’m not good with goodbyes.” I said simply. It was true; I was never good at saying goodbye, especially when it came to my parents. It took me over a year to let them go.

“So, you were just going to leave?” I nodded.

Jack pulled me into him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his chest. I could hear the steady beating of his heart through his chest.

“I’m sorry.” I said reluctantly pulling away from him. “I didn’t want this week to end and watching you leave just confirms that it happened and that, well, you’re leaving.”

“I don’t want this week to end either.” He smiled. “Now, come on. You have to say bye to everyone.” Jack grabbed my hand and pulled me back to the group.

“Five minutes, guys.” Matt announced.

“Well, I guess this is it.” Jack said turning to me.

“I guess so.” I said staring down at my shoes.

“Alesha?” I looked up at Jack.

Jack’s lips crashed into mine and within moments I was kissing him back. My hands instantly went to his hair. Jack cupped my face and deepened the kiss. I could feel everyone’s eyes on us but right at this moment I couldn’t care less. What I said to Rian was true. I wasn’t ready for anything serious and Jack and I were just friends but this just felt so right.

I pulled back to face Jack. I couldn’t believe I had just done that. A small smile formed on my lips, I glanced over at everyone, and they were all standing there with their mouths open. Rian winked at me causing me to blush. Jack and I stepped away from each other awkwardly, embarrassed.

“So, is that what you wanted to tell me the other day?” I asked playing with the hem of my shirt.

“Yeah,” Jack replied pulling me into him again. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too.” I sighed pressing my lips against his. When we separated Zack had his arms open for me. I looked back up at Jack and then made my way to Zack.

“I’ll miss you.” Zack pouted. I walked into his arms, hugging him tightly.

“I’ll miss you too, Zacky.” I smiled. Next I said goodbye to Kara, Lisa, Matt and Alex.

“I’m gonna miss you.” I said walking up to Rian.

“Same here.” He smiled hugging me. Once we all said our goodbyes they all grabbed their bags and were ready to board the plane. I gave Jack one last hug before they walked out of the terminal.

“Bye.” I called. They all turned and waved.

I sighed and walked out of the airport. I got in my car and headed home. As I turned into my driveway I noticed another car was parked in it.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as I got out of the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
cliffhanger???
hahaha
hope you liked, let me know :) commment!