Razorblade Regrets And Revenge Renegades

Chapter 2

As the usual early morning routines screamed 'boring', I would have never guessed of the adventure that was in store for that day. Making our way back to my house, we snuck through hedges that sat in front of suburban houses. The housewives watching through their windows were probably cringing at the thought of my cheap sneakers crushing their precious petunias in order to steer clear of the street; and therefore, my mother.

Mrs. Peterson was finishing up her morning gardening as we passed openly by her house. She stood up from the grass and wiped the dirt from her hands as she shielded her aged eyes from the sun, looking across the yard to my pale figure.

"You're going in the wrong direction, Sienna," she calls across her lawn, her plump body struggling to pick up her gardening supplies.

"Just forgot my camera for Media," I call back in a cloud of fits.

"You should make sure you show up for Media, Sienna," she teases in her jolly old fashion.

I nod and pass by her yard to the large two-story, well-to-do house next door; My house. Once I am sure that Mrs. Peterson is safe and snug inside her house, I look back to see Tom brainlessly staring off into space. I quickly tug him forward by his hand, coming close to dislocating it from his wrist as I lead him to the large garage and throw up the door. The sunlight slowly begins to reflect off of the roof of my mustang convertible, which waited welcomingly for us.

We threw our school-bags into the backseat and Tom assisted me in pushing the car silently down the driveway. He started the engine as I shut and locked the garage door, making sure everything was back in place before hoping into the passenger seat.

It was almost humorous how Tommy actually looked pumped; as if he'd never been to a beach before. In reality, it wasn't all that interesting- The both us us have been there a thousand times. I'd hate to face it, but living in this area wasn't much fun if you couldn't find somewhere to go. We had our own secret place; the gang went there often.

The drive was average; Filled with laughter and loud conversations that usually filled the hours we spent together. The weather was warm; I should hope it would be with summer being just around the corner. Traveling against the wind wouldn't wave been much fun otherwise...

Music blared out the weak speakers as the ocean soon became a stretching object on the horizon ahead of us. It was early in the day, so the usual beach crowd was non-existent. We had it to ourselves; the beautiful view. It felt to beautiful and free to let the wind blow around my messy dark hair as rays of sunshine danced over the waves and sand in marvelous painted colors.

Tom parked freely over warm sand and hoped out, making himself comfortable on the hood and I climbed up and sat beside him. The ocean breeze was refreshing compared to the perfume and choking fragrance my mother drowned the house with. Tommy hopped off the hood, his feet sinking lightly into the sand. Feeling suddenly ditched, I jumped up and attached myself to his back as he ran towards the water chuckling as I squealed for him to put me down in protest.