Razorblade Regrets And Revenge Renegades

Chapter 4

"Thomas, wait," I screamed, tripping on my own toes as I struggled to keep up with him.

My attire, along with my other belongings overflow outwards from my arms. The warm sand sticks to my feet and bare legs as the sun makes the water dripping from my hair hot as sweat as it sticks to my face.

I begin to lose sight of the fact that I'm chasing after Thomas, and my concentration is more stuck on the fact that I'm running in general. Perhaps this is why I find myself so startled when I run flat into his lean body.

His hands are grasped uncomfortably tight around my shoulders and I look up to see his eyes filled with rage.

"What's the matter with you," he screams, shaking my violently.

"Tom, stop," I say quietly.

"He continued screaming, "That was the stupidest stunt you've ever pulled off! You could've hurt yourself! You could've- You could have died, Sienna..."

His anger frightens me. His muscles are trembling around my shoulders, perhaps being the reason that I'm quivering myself.

"I'm sorry," I stutter quietly.

"He looks away and the jaw muscles in his face tighten in frustration. My face is red and hot from a feeling somewhat like humiliation. The tears I try to hide fall loosely down my face as I hide my face in shame; burying it in my backpack.

"Sienna," I here stop say, his grip becoming more friendly than it had been before. "Anna, don't cry... Please don't cry."

Being a typical girl, I stubbornly try to shake myself away from him as I begin to cry more.

"Stop it," he orders, pulling me closer into a hug. The moist water still forming on us was acting like sticky sweat in the hot summer air as our bodies stood in the sand. "You just scared me," he says quietly. "I thought something had happened to you... Please don't cry..."

"I'm sorry," I say in a quiet repetition.

"Common," he says, grinning widely in a cheering mood. "Let's go to Star buck's; I'll buy you coffee."

I sniffle and try my best to smile at his efforts. I embarrassingly wipe my face from the tears which chose to linger. But his welcoming smile sucks me in and I follow him to the car where my sandy feet uncomfortably slip back into my sneakers and I pull my shorts up my legs, buttoning them loosely at my hips.

The ride back is easily returned to it's usual mood of jokes and giggles as we make our way back into the busy downtown area, filled with not only Star buck's but shopping centers, restaurants and arcades of all sorts. By noon, the thought of returning back to school is a mere distant memory. We've become too caught up in the adventure of the day.