Razorblade Regrets And Revenge Renegades

Chapter 5

Walking into Star buck's that afternoon could have possibly been the worst decision I've ever made, or maybe it the was the fact that I actually stayed. A fresh sounding ring filed the air as we pushed open the glass door. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Danny Morgan working the counter.

"Shit," I mumble to myself, just loud enough for Tom to hear. Unfortunately, his immature nature is back and he breaks into a fit of evil cackling.

"What," he says through his laughter. "Afraid of the big bad dumb old jock?"

"Shut up," I remark, nudging him in the ribs harshly as we approach the counter.

"Hey Sienna," Danny greets, revealing a mouthful of pearly white teeth with would otherwise be charming- If I were into that sort of thing...

I nod back in acknowledgment.

"Shouldn't you be in school," Danny states.

I shrug. "Shouldn't you?"

"Nah- I did a couple extra courses last semester for some credits, so I got the afternoon's off this term."

"So that's why I never see you around school," I say in a way that sounded sarcastic as I attempted at small talk.

"Yea," Danny says, once again flashing a smile.

It's unfortunate news to report that I am even dumber than this particular jock, as last term he 'helped' me with my homework so that I could pass my English finals. It is also unfortunate news to report that such actions came with a price; I price I'm yet to pay.

"You know you still owe me that date," he states, leaning over the counter suggestively.

I shrug yet again, letting him take it as he wishes.

"How about tonight?"

I flash yet another flawless shrug.

"How about I meet you here around six?"

"Yea, sure; Whatever," I say, trying to hide the fact that my eyeballs were rolling so far in the back of my head, I thought I had lost them for good.

"Hey," Tom says obnoxiously as he snaps his fingers. "I'd hate to break your little conversation, but some of us would actually like to order something!" A few hopefuls in the line up back him up with groans and witty comments. Sadly, his cut in is a little late to save me.

Danny smiles yet again. "Of course. What'll it be?"

"Two large triple-triple coffees."

"Sure thing, coming right up."

"Make it snappy," Tom says obnoxiously, trying to hide a sly grin.

Red tufts of hair stick out from under Danny's visor as he goes around to pour the hot beverages, giving Tom evil glares for ruining the one point in his life when everything was relatively close to happy; The one point in time when I was actually forced to talk to him.

"There ya go," he says, lifting the 2 coffee's over the counter.

As I reach my cash over the counter, he quickly turns it down. "It's on the house," he states.

"Alright," I say without hesitation, stuffing the bills and change in my pocket. I turn around, looking for an empty booth near a window.

"Don't forget," Danny says all too loudly. "Sic o'clock!"

I nod yet again and sigh loudly and I slump into a clean booth near the door. If we're lucky, a cool breeze will float over to our table with each entering customer. Tommy is trying to consume his laughter I I glare at him.

"What," I mutter, crossing my arms as I put my coffee of the finished wood table.

"Nothing... Nothing at all..."

"Well then what's so god-damn funny then," I insult, his smirk suddenly leaving his face. "It's not like I actually intend to go!"

"Go where," I hear cheerfully from behind me.

The 'oh fuck' look just slapped my face real hard.

"No where," I say, glaring at Tom; a hint meaning' don't whisper a single syllable'.

Heather makes herself comfortable beside me with the water bottle looming in her hands.

"Don't lie; Common... Spill it!"

I hesitate, knowing that despite the fact that I love Heather, and she's a good friend (when she wants to be), there are some things that you just... don't tell her.

"Anna has a date," Thomas spills out as I look over at him a scowl until he looks dangerously afraid. He knows; That now that Heather's in on it, I'll be forced to go. I'll bet it just killed him to keep that inside his fat trap.

Heather's face looked like it was just smacked with 'oh my gosh'. Which it is, otherwise she wouldn't say so five seconds later. "No way," she says excitedly. "With who?"

"Danny Morgan," Tom proceeds to tell her.

She smirks scandalously. "Damn girl- You know that poor guy's been crushing on you for like... ever!"

"I know. I almost feel sorry for the poor guy..."

"Sienna Brown," she giggled loudly with a smirk.

"It doesn't matter anyways, I've been forced, "I inform her. "It's only one date. I told him that if he gave me the answers to the English exam that I'd go out with him." I shrug it off as if it were a casual event, even through it's no secret that this is probably the first official date I've ever been on in all of my entire seventeen years.

"Well you've got to face it," she states. "He's definitely better than some of the other hopefuls..."

"It doesn't matter," I tell her. "I'm not actually going..."

"What do you mean 'you're not going'? Sienna, most girls would die to get a chance with that guy and he's crawling at your feet!"

"Well I guess he truly does have the 'dumb jock' morality because he treasures the one thing he can't have..."

"You are so going," Heather says, her long dark hair bouncing around her shoulders. "Maybe there's something you don't know about him yet. Who knows... maybe there's a part of him that's just as dark as you..."

I can almost taste her sarcasm in my coffee.

"Haha," I mock. "If I go will you finally shut up about it?"

"No... But it you don't go you'll never hear the end of it."

"Fine," I sigh.

She claps her hands excitedly and pulls me from my comfortable spot in the booth. I'm sure Tom is just loving my suffering. "Common," Heather says. "We have to go get you ready!"

"But it's barely 3 o'clock."

"It takes time to make a girl look presentable for a man," she states.

"Doesn't she look alright already," Tom says suggestively.

"Alright isn't enough- She has to look gorgeous! Like I said, It takes time," Heather says with a smile before scowling at him. "You should know- You've gone out with enough whores."

"Are you comparing me to a whore," I say defensively.

"No... Ah! Never mind... We've got to go anyways, I told to guys to meet us all at your house and we're going to be late..."

And with that she drags me out the front door with Tom strutting at his own doddling pace behind us.