Razorblade Regrets And Revenge Renegades

Chapter 7

I felt eerie, if eerie is even an emotion that one could feel. Each hair on my body was on edge, even though the sun was just beginning to set and there was still plenty of daylight left. I dragged on foot behind the other as I walked to what felt like the gallows, even if it was only a coffee shop. As I had guessed, Danny was sitting on the hood of his car, looking up at me when I arrived. The same dumb smirk is looming over his face.

"I almost thought you weren't going to come," he remarks, and for a moment I can't help but think to myself that I wasn't going to.

I shrug. "Yea, well... Let's just get going," I say with a fake smile.

He tries to be charming, opening the passenger seat for me to step inside his fancy new jaguar. Even I know that he just got this car for his birthday from his blond-bimbo mother.

I felt uncomfortably angry at Heather for the outfit she had chosen; angry at Tom for even telling her about the date- angry at him for acting like such a girl.

Danny took me out to dinner, obviously oblivious to the fact that I had already eaten.

"You know," he says after the waiter leaves us. "You can eat something besides salad- I've
got money to spare."

"It's not that," I say, turning slightly pink.

"Do you think you're fat or something?"

"What? No... I'm just not hungry," I say.

He nods, obviously embarrassed. And that's when I wondered if maybe he really did think I was fat.

I knew my lack of interest must have been obvious to him because by the time the movie started later that evening, I'm not even sure he wanted to be there. He knew I didn't.

During the previews, I couldn't help but drown out the sound of exciting commercials and Danny's story about "the best touchdown he ever played". I didn't even know what a touchdown was.

I began to think about Tom. Why had he gotten so upset earlier this afternoon? I was the one that should have been angry; It's his fault I'm even here. I wondered if that bothered him, knowing that his best friend was on a date with his worst enemy. Or maybe he had gotten angry over the fact that I had called him names- Then there was the muttered sentence that I hadn't bothered to ask him about, but I doubt that had anything to do with it. All that I knew was that Tom was angry, and he was angry at me. Somehow that bothered me a whole lot more than it should have.

"Um," I say, interrupting Danny half-way through his sentence. "I think I need some air."

"Yea... Okay, sure. I'll take you outside or something."

I don't answer. Instead I shuffle through rows of attentive movie-goers. I walk fast, trying to
get lost in the crowd of popcorn buyers so that maybe, for just a moment, I'll be alone and all of this will be over.

The heavy doors take effort to push open, but I shake it off, feeling the cool fresh wind blow against my face. I keep walking, hoping that maybe, just maybe I've lost the monster.

"Hey, wait up," Danny called, grabbing my shoulders and harshfully spinning me around to face him. I look up in shock.

"What's wrong with you," he asks.

I try to answer, but nothing comes out. All I can do is mutter.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No... I... I just think that maybe I should go home. This is stupid Danny, there's a hundred other girls that could be here with you that actually want to be here with you... There are girls who would kneel on the ground and kiss your feet. I'm not like that... I just don't think that this could work out. Sorry..."

"What do you mean? I don't want anything from you- I like you because you're different!"

"Yea, well," I mutter before I look up see his freakish lips all too close to mine and I push him away harshly.

"What's you're problem! Stay away from me; I don't even like you," I scream.

"I'm sorry," he says dumbly, standing in the middle of the stupid parking lot pitifully. I wipe
my mouth over and over, trying to rid myself of the evidence. But I can't do anything about it; Danny Morgan just stole my first kiss...
♠ ♠ ♠
Yea, I know... It took way too long.
Inexcusable. I'm sorry.
I'll try getting back up on my feet with the updates.