Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

The Delivery.

The early morning light shone on my green and silver bed sheets as I slowly woke up that Saturday morning. I turned to my left to see Meredith was still asleep, as were the rest of the nameless people in the dormitory. I debated if I should get up, get dressed and head down to the great hall for breakfast, but then I thought to myself - why? What is the point? Why should I carry on with this pointless routine when it was the weekend. I had no idea what I was going to do with my day, but all I knew was that I was going to be in control of every second of it. I closed my eyes and welcomed the darkness, drifting off into another light sleep. The sound of birds chirping was soon replaced with the sound of voices, coming from the Slytherin common room. I woke for a second time and lazily wandered around the empty dormitory getting ready at my own pace, not having to rush to make it to Potions in time, or have to get up to finish my charms essay; life just seemed, simple. Even with everything that had happened, and all that was bound to happen in the near future - this moment seemed simple. I headed out of the dormitory and down into the common room, smiling at the people I passed as oppose to tutting and judging the arrogant Slytherin girls.
"Morning." I sat myself down beside Meredith who was reading a wizard fashion mag.
"Hey. You seem chirpy." She closed the magazine and seemed happily surprised by my change of attitude.
"Yea, I decided to not take everything so seriously. I need to stop being so cynical, and enjoy the now." I sighed with relief.
"Well, being smart does have it's disadvantages. Knowledge makes you cynical. Me, being dim, gives me the ability to be a bit ignorant towards all the bad stuff in a way."
"You're not dim Meredith, just because you're not book smart doesn't mean you're dumb"
"It's okay, I pride myself in being 'the attractive one' I will be marrying a Quidditch player, and live off the galleons he makes - Ooo, I could design their robes!" Meredith joked picking up her magazine, showing me the moving image of a buff Spanish Quidditch player posing with his Veela girlfriend. I giggled along, but the image of Meredith marrying a famous athlete didn't seem like such a stretch from what was possible. Meredith was the type of person who was able to charm the scales off a Chimaera if she wanted to.
"You never know." I sat back into the leather sofa and people watched as Meredith read the article about the Quidditch player she showed me earlier. My eyes ventured to the left side of the common room where a large oak table sat, witch various matching chairs positioned around it, all but one were empty. Keeran sat at the corner of the table, writing furiously on a small piece of parchment. Involuntarily my legs moved and I walked over to him, sitting beside him.
"A letter home?" I peaked over his shoulder where an open envelope was waiting for him to finish writing the letter so it could be sent by owl.
"Uh- Yea, something like that." Keeran concealed the letter with his arm and put down the quill which he was using to write.
"You miss home?" I'm not sure why I asked such a personal question, but it just slipped out.
"Not particularly. It's better at Hogwarts." Keeran folded the letter and slid it within the envelope.
"Why? It must be great to have a home, somewhere you belong. I've never had that," I placed my arms on the table leaning my head on them, looking up at Keeran who seemed to be staring into nothingness.
"Well, Hogwarts is my home. Having parents isn't all it's cracked up to be." Keeran sealed the envelope and put the letter inside his robe pocket.
"You want to take that to the owlery?" I looked at his pocket which he possessively kept his hand on.
"Oh-oh, sure." Keeran's eyes returned from staring blankly at the wall and were now looking down at me. Every time I looked in his eyes I couldn't help but feel sadness - not his sadness, but sadness for him. His eyes were always so blank and empty, I felt sorry for him. He was numb to the core, and the more and more I noticed to more and more I wanted to make him feel. Feel what, I can not say.

We headed off to the owlery. I left Meredith, regrettably, with no explanation.
"So, who is the letter for? If you're not missing home I doubt it's for your parents." I was well aware I was being nosy and rude, but hanging around Meredith gave me the ability to stick my small nose in places where it wasn't wanted. I wanted to know more about Keeran, and since everyones opinions seemed to biased, I felt it was best to create my own opinion.
"Just, a friend." He walked at a fast past, not being phased when the Ravenclaw house ghost passed through him.
"A friend? Do they go to a different school?" I was almost running in order to keep up with him, my short legs sprinting in order to not get left behind. As we reached the bottom of the staircase up to the owlery I was dreading attempting to run up the long winding staircase in attempt to keep up to Keeran, but then he came to a sudden hault.
"I know where the owlery is Araina, why are you still running after me like a lost puppy?" Keerans attitude suddenly changed as he turned to face me, spitting his words, a very different person to the one who I met in Diagon Alley.
"What? I just came to keep you company." The silence after my words seemed to deafen both of us.
"What is wrong with you?" I whispered the words, but they still seemed to scream at him.
"Nothing." He started up the staircase, I decided against following him.

***
Keerans P.O.V
I ran up the stairs, half of me wanted Araina to follow me, and the other half wanted to be alone. The plan wasn't going anywhere soon and I'm beginning to doubt if she is even worth it - she doesn't seem like Voldemort at all. She wasn't cunning; it was a wonder she was placed in Slytherin! The others were relying on me to fuel the machine of revolution. I was the one with the brains, I was the driving force. I had to do this, I had to, no matter what doubts laid in my mind. I need to send the letter, tell them everything is fine, that everything is going to plan, and then wait, wait for the package. I placed the letter into my owls beak and let her go, that was it. No turning back, it was done. I sat waiting, heading back to the common room to wait but have made me more on edge, and I didn't want another confrontation with Araina. She asked too many questions, questions I didn't have answers to. Through the summer when I was planning all of this on paper it seemed so much easier, eavesdropping on the conversation my father was having with Ronald Weasley at their work about Professor Longbottom being eager to go retrieve the girl from the muggle world; deciding their and then that she was going to help me, help me stop all this foolishness that the wave of relief Lord Voldemort's death had caused. More and more Mudbloods seemed to be coming to Hogwarts, and more and more wizards seemed to view muggles as equals and there was even talk about letting muggles in on the wizarding world, letting them know about us - it was absolutely ludicrous. I heard a flutter, and as expected my tattered owl came flying through the window with a letter in his beak, carrying a box in it's claws.

***
Araina's P.O.V
I stormed through the halls and back into the common room. Anger turned to rage as the scene played through in my head.
"What is wrong with that cousin of yours? One minute we were fine and the next he bites my head off!" I slammed myself down beside Meredith who was eating a cauldron cake.
"I told you, he's a lone wolf. He thinks you're cramping his style." Meredith laughed and passed me a cauldron cake from a small basket on the table which was filled with various baked goods.
"Which admirer now?" I pointed to the basket before eating the delicious cake.
"Some fourth year, bless him." Meredith picked up a pumpkin pastie and bit into it, before spitting it out.
"He can't cook? Should have told me before giving me the cake." I examined my half eaten cake as Meredith attempted to wash the taste out of her mouth with pumpkin juice.
"The cakes are fine, it's just the pasties - I think the pumpkin he used might have been rotten!" She giggled and grabbed a sugar quill and sat contently sucking it as she read yet another magazine.
"So, Keeran mentioned that he doesn't really get on with his parents..." I brushed the crumbs off of my robes and turned to Meredith who closed her magazine and sighed.
"Long story. My uncle was kind of the black sheep of the family, and so we don't speak to them much, but from what I've heard Keeran is the polar opposite to his parents, so you can see why they're at conflict. I even heard his mother was in Hufflepuff." Meredith sniggered and returned to her magazine.
"Why d'you want to know anyway? By the sounds of what you were saying earlier you and him are no longer chums."
"I was just curious." I sat pondering the events of today, and those past. I was sick to death of being concerned about the ministry breathing down my neck, and Keeran seemed to be the only person I could be able to confide in about that issue... but now, now he was acting strange. Keeran, the person who it felt so natural to be around, the first person I met who was my own age and a wizard. The one who told me about the Deathly Hallows. Maybe the mystery attached to him and our friendship caused this, but either way I was obsessed. Obsessed with finding out, obsessed with helping him uncover the pain within. Then, at that exact moment and gust of wind swept past my face as Keeran hurried past through the common room and to the boys dormitories. I followed mechanically without thinking, barging past several people on the way - I needed to know.
"Hello you."
"What are you doing here?"
"I'm asking you why you're being so off with me. I thought, I thought we were friends?" I looked at Keeran who had his back to me, hurrying around his trunk shoving a letter and a box inside it.
"We-we are, I just. I wanted to be alone..." his eyes darted around the room, looking everywhere except at me.
"You wanted to be alone?" I repeated with a tone of confusion.
"Yea. Araina I'm sorry, It's just, I'm new to all of this" He lifted his arms in my directed indicating the subject of matter was friendship.
"Yea, me too." I whispered under my breath, the words were hardly audible.
"You should have just told me, I can take a hint. You didn't need to be rude." I snapped back quickly.
"Are you sure you were sorted into Slytherin? Did you pay the sorting hat to get here?" Keeran joked, but didn't smile.
"I never, It's more likely I would pay to get out of here." I joked not realising that I was talking to a Slytherin Prefect.
"Sorry, no offense. It's just I'm not exactly cunning and resourceful." I gave a weak smile and Keeran nodded in understanding.
"I'll leave you then, if everything between us is okay?" I spoke calmer than I had since entering the dormitory.

Keerans P.O.V
I nodded silently and she turned and left, as soon as I heard the door creak and shut - blocking out the noise from the common room ahead I opened my trunk and retrieved the letter, finally having enough nerve to open it.

Keeran,
Everything is fine here, we haven't seen any ministry officials in weeks and I think you were right about the girl being the main suspect, but we have listened to your words of warning. Viktor and Delma have lent us their house as new headquarters in order to keep our movements out of the eye of the public. As you can tell we've managed to get what you asked for, you just need to be able to get it where it needs to be. I shall be calling a meeting a week before your return to ensure everybody is up to date with the changes in plan. Am I correct in saying you no longer want the girl with us, but you have found another purpose for her? I will meet you at Kings Cross station, using polyjuice potion.
Rafi.


Finally, my second hand man was back after retrieving what now lay in the box inside my trunk. Confidence flowed through me as I no longer had to worry about what was happening to my followers outside, everything was falling into place. We have a new weapon, and a new plan. This, this will work. It's so simple, it has to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't been updating, I just got back off of holiday and I had nothing prepared.
Hopefully I'll be back on track soon :)
Thanks for reading, as always you're the best.
Leave a comment telling me what you think so far? :D