Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

The Darker Lord

"So, this is where you live?"
"Yes, me and my house-elves."
"House-elves?" The walk from the iron gate to the door was longer than I had expected. The weight of Sammy's cage pulled at my left arm as Professor Malfoy opened the large oak doors that had antique iron settings. I sat the cage down and stared in disbelief, the foyer was as extravagant and uniquely decorated as the gate and door before it.
"This place is, is indescribable. Ryton Dene was big and old, but this, this is something else." Everything seemed to have it's place, there was nothing on the walls, to say it was so lavish it seemed so bare.
"It's been in my family for generations, it was my fathers, and his father and so on, and so forth."
"Why is it so big? Do you have a big family?" I looked at the many floors and was unable to count how many doors I could see, I tried to imagine how it would feel if there were children running about, Professor Malfoy playing with his younger siblings, making a mess of the place.
"I'm an only child, the size of the manor was really more to do with status rather than practicality." Professor Malfoy spoke in a very matter of fact tone. I shrugged my shoulders in response. There was a brief moment of silence between the both of us until a large clanking noise that sounded like falling pots and pans came from a room to the left of where we were stood. Two small creatures burst out from the room the noise was coming from, they were very much alike in features, the only physical difference between them being their eye colour. They giggled and tutted at one another, not realising they had company. The creature with blue-eyes playfully pushed the green-eyed one.
"It's your fault, clumsy. If only you were an inch or two taller we could have reached the top cupboard without falling." When the creature spoke I realised it was in fact, a girl.
"Well, if you had stood still I wouldn't have lost balance and fallen would I?" The second creature was also a girl, she spoke very sweetly and unlike the other seemed quite bemused by the situation. They both turned in-sync and noticed that they had company.
"Ma-Master Malfoy." The pupils of their large eyes dilated, half with fear and half with shock.
"Dee-dee, Linny. This is Ariana Riddle, she is staying here over Christmas." I waved awkwardly at the two creatures who were now looking up at me, their pupils still growing larger with fear.
"Dee-dee, show her up to a room. Any will do." Professor Malfoy pointed to my trunk and walked out of the foyer into the room where the creatures has previously been.
"Linny, come clean the mess you've made up. Now." Linny followed with hast, struggling to keep up with the pace Professor Malfoy was walking at.
"This way Mistress." Dee-dee struggled with my trunk, which towered over her.
"I'll get that, you'll have to grab the cage though, is that okay?" I took hold of the trunk and Dee-dee seemed shocked and almost offended by my actions, never the less she picked up Sammy's cage and tottered up a staircase and into the second floor, she pushed open a door with her head and shuffled into the room, putting the bird cage down in the corner of the room.
"Thankyou." The door slammed shut and she was gone. I decided against questioning what had just happened, and instead just stays blissfully ignorant whilst unpacking my things. The walls of the room were green and silver, it reminded me of the Slytherin common room, however much much colder. The walls were bare, there was no personality, it felt more like a hotel room rather than a bedroom that someone once would have slept in, dreamt in, lived in.

***
"I got your package." Keeran smirked as he spoke.
"Good. It was very hard to find, months I was searching, almost a year. I come back and find that half of us have been locked up in Azkaban. Borgin's isn't safe. Knockturn Alley is a shadow of what it used to be. This needs to stop, now. Keeran, if you don't follow through on this idea of yours then i'll take you to the dementors myself." A frail old woman spoke, yet a husky male voice was heard.
"You know my idea won't fail. It's perfectly simple. It sends a message and it puts things back the way they're supposed to be. Rafi, I've been running everything fine while you were away, just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm naive, or an idiot. I can do this!" Keeran pushed his trunk onto a trolley and exited the barrier of platform 9 3/4, the old woman following.
"Sure you can do it, is that why our numbers are half of what they were before I left to look for your stupid egg." The old woman lashed out at Keeran violently, knocking him into several muggles who were boarding the 2:40 train to Birmingham.
"That's not my fault." Keeran was turning red in the face as Rafi spoke at him, telling him how disappointing a death eater he would be, and how there were more important things that making your plans ironic and iconic. Plans needed to work, plans needed to fulfill a purpose, and there purpose was to purify the blood lines, which had been diluted by mud-bloods and muggles.
"Just hurry up, this polyjuice potion won't last much longer." The grey hair on Rafi's head was slowly getting darker and shorter, the old ladies shoulders became more broad and her back more straight.
"Get in there." Keeran shoved open the door to the disabled toilet open, Rafi jumped inside and with a click of a the lock the old lady was never seen again. Moments passed as Keeran stood guard outside the train station WC, while Rafi morphed back into his physical form. The lock clicked and the door opened, in the doorway stood a tall mature man who was suited, no longer wearing the knitted cardigan and tweed skirt which the old woman had wore.
"Nice to see you again." Keeran grinned at Rafi, who was adjusting his tie and getting comfortably sorted into his suit.
"Nice to be back." Rafi strutted through the train station, with Keeran following like his shadow.
"Nice suit." Keeran mocked the muggle fashions Rafi was wearing.
"I had to blend in. Besides, It's not as if I paid for it." Rafi smirked.
"I'm guessing you killed him, then raided his wardrobe."
"Close. I killed him, his elderly mother, took a few of her hairs, then raided his wardrobe." Rafi gave a single laugh. Keeran stood, in awe by how casually Rafi spoke about taking muggles lives. Keeran is young, and until meeting Rafi was oblivious of the muggle world, and what the word truly meant. Before, the word meant someone who was unfortunate enough to not have magic manifest inside them; now, it stood for something much worse, something that was lower than a half-breed. How foolish had Keeran been, to think it was okay to befriend them. They were stupid, ignorant and shouldn't be given the privilege of mixing with Pure-blooded wizards. This wasn't going to be another war, no. This was going to be a purge. A purge of all that had weakened the wizarding world. The mud-bloods had stolen magic from the true wizards. The word wizard doesn't mean much these days, anybody who can spell the word magic can call themselves a witch or wizard.
Keeran followed behind Rafi as they exited Kings Cross Station along with an anonymous crowd of Hogwarts students who were returning home for Christmas. Keeran wasn't one of those students, he only went home when he had to, Christmas he spend with his true 'family'. The death eaters and dark witches and wizards who had managed to escape the grasp of the ministry and dodge a dementors kiss after Voldemorts fall.
"So, everything is going fine I assume." Rafi straightened his cuffs.
"Very fine, I got the package and it's currently hiding in the Room of Requirement."
"Very good. I'm assuming a date has been set?"
"N-not yet." Keeran's eyes seem to fill with fear the more Rafi spoke about their plans for the wizarding world.
"Why is this? All you do is talk about this plan of yours, and you haven't even decided when you're going to follow through with it? Scared, Keeran? Re-thinking everything you've done?" Rafi spoke with a tone of sarcasm.
"No."
"Good. Because remember, you've killed too."
"I never-"
"Keeran. You were there when we killed those muggles, you stood and sneered. That's just as bad as cursing them yourself, worse even." Rafi has no regard for muggle life, he felt nothing, not just when it came to muggles, but for anybody. Rafi was a shell, which was tragic, because unlike Voldemort he was capable of emotion, he just chose to shut it out.
Keeran sighed as Rafi continued to remind him of the times when Keeran was happy to watch Rafi torment muggles. Now, it had become all too real, but he had no way to escape; He couldn't turn back, it was too late. All he could do was continue, continue with his plan, continue thinking that muggles are scum, continue pretending he isn't using Araina. Keeran had to be strong, it was the only way he was going to get what he wanted; power.
"Rafi, what are we going to do after everything is in place and Araina has served her purpose?"
"Well, Hogwarts will be back on track, and then we can focus on the ministry. You and I, we can govern, make new laws, free the wizarding world; we've been in hiding too long." Rafi was without expression. His face was merely there for purpose, his mouth was shut and curved neither up nor down. His eyes seemed serine, and almost in a dream like state, not giving any clue to what he was thinking or feeling. That exact characteristic is the one Keeran feared, he was always left guessing, hanging onto ever word, reading into every sarcastic, twisted comment that Rafi made.
"Let's leave business for a while now, shall we? It's Christmas after all, I think I need a break." Rafi loosened his navy blue tie and walked into a corner pub that was known by few, few muggles that was. They entered the Leaky Cauldron and was instantly immersed in tobacco smoke and darkness, the only light seemed to come from the candles within the establishment - the windows were so dirty they were almost the same colour as the walls. They passed by the few old witches and wizards who were sat drinking, and out the other side of the pub, to be met by a wall. Rafi tapped the wall with his wand and within a minute the wall has opened up to reveal Diagon Alley.
"I doubt we're here to buy parchment and quills." Keeran spat the words and put his hands in his pant pockets, walking more sluggishly behind Rafi.
"I brought you here to show you, what in Hogwarts you've been oblivious to." Rafi walked into Flourish and Blotts, which - like always - was filled with witches and wizards of all ages buying books.
"Flourish and Blotts. Why?" Keeran was become tired or the half answers Rafi was producing every time Keeran asked a question.
"You see them? They're muggles, their daughter in law is a mud-blood, they're coming here to buy her a birthday present." Rafi pointed to the old couple who were comparing two books, both wrote by Gilderoy Lockhart.
"So?"
"So?! Is that it? They're muggles, and they're in Diagon Alley! They're looking at books, they don't even know who Gilderoy Lockhart is!" Rafi was angered by Keerans acceptance of Muggles shopping in Diagon Alley.
"We're becoming a sub-species. We're living in their world, hiding away. We're better than them, smarter, wiser, more appreciative and yet we're the ones who must hide for their sake." Rafi scoffed and didn't take his eyes off of the old muggle couple, who were now in conversation with the shop owner.
"Well, we're going to change that aren't we. We're going to change laws."
"Oh, Keeran. It's gone beyond changing laws. We're going to expose the wizarding world. We're no longer going to be hiding away like criminals, we're going to be free. It's only right, why should be hide our talents. Magic is in our blood, we need to be proud of that not ashamed." As Rafi spoke, Keeran listened. Keeran was drawn back into Rafi's command as he spoke of freeing the wizards and ensuring that they'd no longer have to look over their shoulder with fear every time they get out their wand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been far too long. It's a long chapter is that makes up for it?
School has started, I have a lot of commitments regarding my education and university next year so updates will be a lot more spaced out.
Updates are more likely to be spaced out if I don't get feedback (comments etc.)