Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

The Conversation

The knocking on my door came from someone whom seemed very persistent and impatient.
"Just a minute." I stepped out of the bath, slipping on the wet floor and almost hitting my head off of the side of the toilet. I grabbed the dressing gown which was hung on a hook on the door of the bathroom, wrapping myself up clumsily I hurried to the door, still dripping wet.
"I caught you at a bad time?" Draco was stood in the doorway, wearing his usual black attire.
"Kind of, yeah." I gave a laugh and tied the not of the dressing gown, securing whatever dignity I had left after almost flying headfirst into a toilet.
"I'll come back in 10?"
"No point now, you're here." I opened the door fully and Draco stepped in, looking at the fire as he sat down.
"I forgot about that being there."
"I'm okay to use it, right? I can put it out if-"
"It's fine, just be careful." Draco smiled as I walked to the bathroom and grabbed a towel to wrap around my hair which was dripping with water, causing a trail of water to follow me where ever I went.

The fire died down to glowing embers, I exited the bathroom wearing my night clothes underneath the dressing gown which was slightly damp from my wet hair. I tried to think why Draco wanted to see me, causing worry and anxiety to flow through me.
"Sorry about disturbing your bath." Draco cleared his throat and gave an awkward smile.
"It's fine, I was finished anyway." I smiled and looked up at Draco who was twiddling his thumbs. For the first time, an awkward tension was between us, usually conversing with my potions professor was easy and felt effortless, whereas now I felt that the new sides of his personality that had been revealed during my first day here had left me wanting to know more.
"I've been thinking about what you said, and I couldn't wait until morning because I would have talked myself out of it by then." Draco continued to twiddle his thumbs anxiously.
"Okay." In all honesty, I hadn't expected him to actually listen to me - it was more of an empty gesture than an offer, however I sat beside him and allowed him to open up.
"Well, I have a few confessions."
"Confessions?" I looked at Draco, a bead of sweat traveled down his forehead.
"Yes. When you asked me about my aunt."
"Bella, was it?" I Leaned forward, my face inches from Draco.
"Well... Bellatrix."
"Okay, Bellatrix." I sighed and looked at Draco, who was getting more and more pale.
"She, was a death eater. One of Voldemorts followers. Actually she wasn't just a death eater, she was a cruel twisted woman who was one of the few who didn't follow him out of fear, she followed him out of love." Draco looked up at me, his forehead was wrinkled and she seemed almost repulsed by his words.
"She was in love with Voldemort. You know, your family aren't always a direct reflection of who you are, or who you can be. you're living proof of that."
"It's not that, I know that already. It's what she did. She, she tortured people, and enjoyed it."
"I don't know what to say."
"That's not the worst bit. She tortured Nevilles parents. She tortured them to the point of insanity, and they're never going to get better. He's probably with them now."
"They're still alive?" I whispered, in utter shock by the news.
"Yes. They're in hospital. I only know because my father told me years back, and I used it to ridicule him in school. I was a horrible child, and I don't know how he can even look at me." Draco's grey soulless eyes filled with tears as he spoke.
"You need to stop hating yourself for things you can't change. You can't undo the past, and you can't keep seeing yourself with such hatred. Stop questioning why he forgave you and just appreciate it; he gave you a second chance, take it. Prove to him you're a good person. You are a good person." I stared at Draco, not knowing how he would react.
"I understand what you're saying, but it's hard. Everybody is acting like nothing happened. I want them to hate me!" He stood up and his face grew red with rage. I sat in silence, as Draco paced around the bedroom, his breathing was heavy.
"Please, sit down."
"No."
"Sit, please."
"No." His pace quickened.
"What is walking around the room doing? Is it making them hate you? Is it making you feel better? Is it making any of what happened go away? No, so sit." I pointed to the bed where he had previously sat, he eyed the bed and stood stationary.
"Araina. Why would they forgive me?"
"Because they saw that you weren't evil, in anyway. You were just confused and mislead. Everybody makes mistakes, and they understand you need a chance to rectify them. They understand that you're human." Draco sighed heavily and scowled at me, yet I decided to continue. "You changed, you grew up. You're not the boy who bullied Neville or blindly did everything your father told you to." Draco scoffed at me, I attempted to make my speech more meaningful and less anonymous. "They're not punishing you because they know deep down that you're punishing yourself more than they ever could." I sighed softly; I had nothing else to add, and nothing more to day. He was broken, and I didn't know how to fix him.
♠ ♠ ♠
A very short chapter. I'm sorry but i'm just finding it hard to update lately.
I'm quite ill and i've had a few complications in my personal life atm.
Please comment, it'd mean the world to me and make me update, because to be honest - I feel like giving up on this story completely.