Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

The Order

We all sat down at the kitchen table, Draco had ordered Linny and Dee-Dee to see to the rest of the house before Neville even spoke a word. Draco and myself looked nervously towards Neville, waiting anxiously for what he had to say.
"I met with Harry and Ron over the Christmas break... They're re-instating the Order of the Phoenix." Neville looked at Draco whilst he spoke.
"What is the Order of the Phoenix?" I asked quietly. Neville and Draco both turned their heads in unison.
"It's a secret society, first formed when You-Know-Who first rose to power. Witches and Wizards who wanted to fight against him joined, the aim was to stop him. It grew again when he returned to try kill Harry but was soon dissolved when You.-Kn... V-Volde-m-mort was killed." Draco explained rubbing his hands together as he spoke.
"So they've brought this back because of me?" I looked up at Neville, my eyes welling up with tears and a lump forming in my throat in an attempt to swallow back the tears.
"No. Don't you ever think that. They re-instated it to get to the bottom of these secret meetings before it's too late. Before people die or go missing. Before this next dark witch or wizard gets a proper following." Neville shot back at me, reassuring me of my innocence. I smiled weakly at him before Draco interjected.

"I have to join them." He rose from his seat slightly, as if in protest.
"We will." Neville nodded in agreement, again towards Draco.
"Me too." I added, looking between both men.
"No. It's too dangerous. Besides, you need to focus on your studies." Draco spoke frankly.
"On my studies? People could be in danger out there and you're telling me my N.E.W.T's are more important?" I spoke in a high pitched tone, spitting my words in frustration.
"Araina... these people could be after you; you're Voldemorts heir. We don't know their plans, or why they seem to co-inside with your return - anything could happen to you." Neville spoke softly, looking into my eyes hoping he would find a piece of me that agreed.
"And anything could happen to you. I can't help but feel responsible and entangled in all of this. I can't sit by and watch other suffer for it." I shook my head and looked down at Draco for support.
"Look mate, she has a point... I'm not saying we should let her fight or go under cover on missions with aurors but she has a right to be involved." Draco sighs as Neville stares sternly at him.
"If something involving her comes about I will tell her - but I will make that decision." Neville states frankly. In his eyes, this was obviously not up for discussion.
"Why is that your decision?" I asked, shaking my head in protest.
"Because I brought you into this magical world, and I'm not going to watch you get killed because of that." Nevilles voice cracked as he spoke, his eyes piercing me with guilt and remorse. Memories of visiting his parents flooded back to me along with the first time I met him.
"Neville. If you were in my position - you would want to help wouldn't you?" I spoke softly after a moments silence, not taking my eyes off of Neville.
"I would. But you would stop me if you were in my shoes." Neville raised his right eyebrow and sighed.
"I've never had something or someone to fight for before in my life. I was always just surviving on my own... Neville, please." I almost reached out to grab is hand, before realising Draco was also in the room.
"The point of the Order now is to stop this before the fighting happens." Neville states, soon realising we're not going to get anywhere.

"Look, you two are going to keep going back and forth forever. This evil threat will have died in their sleep by the time you two have finished." Draco exclaims, sighing heavily at us both. "Look, Neville. Go home, I'll talk to her." He stands up and walks around to where Neville is sitting, patting him on the shoulder. Neville nods before looking up at me. My heart sank, I didn't want him to leave me, ever.
I stood up silently and followed the pair into the hallway were Neville picked up his Christmas tree. He cleared his throat and then notioned towards Draco, who made his way back to the kitchen soon after.
"Araina, I care about you too much to watch you get hurt or used in this. I want you to enjoy your life here, now that you finally have it." I looked up at Neville, he put his warm hand on my cheek and smiled at me. I smiled back up at him, staring into his warm hazel eyes.
"Do you have to leave?" I asked quietly, afraid of sounding like a needy child.
"It's for the best. I'll see you at school." He smiled again, kissing my forehead before pulling me into his chest for a hug. I hugged back, letting out a longing sigh. I wished so hard for the moment to last, for us to be just people for the rest of our lives. Not student and teacher. I didn't see him that way now, I couldn't. Not even when he's sat beside Draco and Mcgonagall at the professors table in the great hall. Not when he's setting me homework and I have to say "Yes, Professor", not even then. Neville pulled away from me, I could feel my chest slowly getting returning to it's original temperature, his body heat leaving me.
"I'll see you at school." I tried my hardest to smile up at him convincingly, but I am sure he could tell I wasn't happy with that fact. He passed me the miniature Christmas tree and stepped back.
"It's for you... and Draco." He smiled again before grabbing his coat and scarf, quickly buttoning up the jacket and tightening the knot of the scarf. I just watched silently. He put both hands in his pocket before apparating. The loud popping noise signaled to Draco it was safe for him to re-appear.

He pointed at the Christmas tree. "A gift from Neville?" He smiled at me encouragingly. I nodded back.
"Well, it's for the both of us really. Where should we put it?" I asked desperately trying to distract myself from missing Neville, and remembering the next time I see him he will be my professor and nothing more.
"Well, I think we should keep it right here. Put it by the bottom of the staircase. People will see it when they enter, a nice welcoming - don't you think?" Draco pointed to where he meant and I walked over, placing the potted tree down and turned it until it's best side was facing the front of the hallway.
"There we go." Draco commented as I stepped back allowing him to see the tree.
"Now, this business with The Order-" Draco started, I didn't need anybody else telling me things I already know.
"I know. He's never going to let me help, is he? No matter what I say to him." I said, feeling defeated - usually I can easily out-stubborn people if it's something I care for.
"I think you're right there. He cares for you too much. But I'm prepared to meet in the middle." Draco spoke in a very matter-of-fact tone.
"Really?" I said excited. "What are the terms?"
"You promise me you will not let it affect your school work, and you promise not to tell any students about it - it's not fair for this to be on their minds too." I nodded as Draco spoke - I would never dream of telling anybody anyway. "You promise that when I say stop, or tell you it's getting too dangerous you listen."
"But-" I started.
"Those are my terms." Draco spoke to me sternly. I thought about it for a moment. Draco was the only one who would be on my side. Whatever I would do, whatever he would allow me would have to be enough. It was either that or nothing.
"Okay, I agree. I promise" I nodded reassuringly at Draco.
"We have a deal." He nodded before smiling at me and putting his hands in his trouser pant pockets. He walked slowly back into the kitchen and left me in the hallway. I made my way up to my room for some time alone to think.

The following days went swiftly. I explored the manor, spending my of my remaining days here reading in the study and library. Draco mainly kept to himself, preparing for the new term. We really only spoke at meal times, and it was mostly idle chit-chat. I often brought up The Order but Draco didn't say much. He just promises that when we got back to school he would give me extra lessons in the evenings to prepare me. For most students this would be a living hell, but I got butterflies just thinking about it.; learning new spells and countless techniques that other students don't get the chance to practice.

I sat across from Draco at the kitchen table, eating a breakfast of toasted English muffins with fluffy scrambled eggs and grilled tomatoes. It was delicious.
"You better pack all of your things today, and get an early night. We'll have to be ready early to get to the station in time for you to catch your train." I nodded and continued to eat my breakfast. Draco left the table before I did, Linny silently cleared away his plate and the crumbs he has left where he had sat.
"What do you and Dee-Dee do when Draco is at work?" I asked. Surely they can't clean every day when there is nobody here to make a mess.
"We polish and clean the house, maintaining it - obviously we do not need to do the daily things like cooking, but we still have jobs. It is a very big house, with a lot of dust." Linny explained. I nodded, I was going to object but I didn't want to offend her.
"Thankyou for the breakfast." I said politely before leaving the kitchen. I made my way upstairs to my room to pack. I have to say it was a very dull experience, even with using my wand occasionally. I always preferred doing these sorts of task whilst blasting music - that was the one thing I missed about my muggle life; the music. Nevertheless I packed all of my things and took the few books I had taken from the library back to their original place. The sky was turning dark just as I had finished. I could smell dinner cooking but I knew it would't be ready for an hour of so yet. I hate how winter makes the sun set so early, it fools me into thinking it's later than it is. I decided to get a bath and try relax so I would fall asleep easily tonight. I ran the water and added the oils as I had done countless times before and sat in the fragrant water until the bathroom was clear of all steam. I got out, my muscles no longer feeling tense.
I went downstairs for dinner in my dressing gown, my hair still damp from the bath. I ate slowly, still relaxed from the bath. The warm food continued to keep me warm and comforted as I ate in silence with Draco.
"Meet me downstairs with your things at 9am. Wrap up warm. We'll use the Floo Network to get to Diagon Alley. We'll have breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron and then go our separate ways. I am afraid I make my own way to Hogwarts. Do you know your way to the station from the Leaky Cauldron?" Draco asked.
"Vaguely yes. I'll be able to make my way, don't worry." I was used to traveling alone, I liked it. I smiled at Draco before eating the last mouthfuls of my meal. He smiled back before leaving the kitchen.

I lazily made my way back upstairs to my room, the smell of the oils and foams from my bath still lingered in the air. I laid on my bed and closed my eyes, the large amount of warm home-made food made me feel sleepy and content. I crawled underneath my crisp bed sheets before un-doing my dressing gown and throwing it out of the bed. I laid there silently and soon feel asleep. I was surprised I managed to sleep all night, without dreams of nightmares considering I fell asleep so early. I woke up at about 7, giving me plenty of time to get ready before leaving for the station.

I got a quick shower, towel drying my hair before opening my trunk to decide what to wear. I pulled out a pair of dark high waist jeans and loose fitting jumper, remembering Dracos advice to keep warm. They were plain clothes, picked simply because they were at the top of my trunk. I put them on and pulled my hair into a french side braid whilst it was still damp. I put on a little bit of make-up before getting my Slytherin scarf from my trunk. I ensured my uniform and robe were at the top of my trunk, so they were easy to get out when I had to change on the train. It was still only after 8, so I decided to head to the garden with Sammy for some fresh morning air.
I sat in silence enjoying my own company, Sammy occasionally made noises as I fed him seeds. I watched fly around the garden in laps. I soon head back inside in order to gather all of my things downstairs. I left Sammy to fly around, knowing he would be stuck in a cage for the rest of the day.
"Morning. You ready?" Draco spoke, levitating his trunks down the staircase.
"Almost, I just need to grab Sammy's cage." I put down my trunk and headed past Draco on the stairs to get to my room. Sammy's cage was on the floor at the bottom of the my bed, I opened the door before heading towards the window. I opened the latch wide and called Sammys name. He soon flew gracefully through the open window, landing on the vanity table. I put out my wrist for him to climb onto and then transported him to his cage before closing the door. I carefully carried him downstairs, going slowly as to not shake him too much.

"You ready now?" Draco said, straightening his long black trench coat. I nodded put sammy's cage on top of my trunk. Draco grabbed each of his trunk handles and rolled them into the dining room where the fireplace was. I pulled along my trunk behind me as I followed him. He beckoned me to go first. I rolled my trunk beside me as Draco passed me the box of soot. I took a large handful whilst still clutching my trunk with the other hand.
"Diagon Alley!" I shouted, as I threw the soot at my feet. This always made me feel quite silly, screaming into thin air before being consumed my flames. It just seems too dramatic, too much like a magic trick.
The smoke and green flames soon settled and vanished into the wind. I stood out of the fireplace, knowing Draco would be arriving here shortly. I brushed myself of all the soot and quickly examined Sammy ensuring he was okay. Draco soon joined me after another blast of flame and smoke.
"Right, lets head to the Leaky Cauldron." He said, heading left towards to top of the long cobbled street. I followed him quietly. The street was still quite empty, shops were just opening and almost everybody was in small groups, waiting to travel together back to school. Once we entered the Leaky Cauldron we realised why it was so quiet. This place was full of witches and wizards talking and catching up over breakfast. We took a small table in the corner as Draco went to get us two butterbeers.
"Here you are. Breakfast will be with us soon - I ordered for you is that okay?" Draco shuffled his seat in before taking a sip of his drink.
"That is fine, thankyou." I nodded after taking a drink of my butterbeer. It was such a sweet decadent drink, perfect for cold winter mornings.
Our hot breakfasts soon arrived. Sausages on toast with grilled tomatoes. Perfect. I soon wolfed it down, grateful for the hot food.
I sat sipping the remainder of my drink, waiting for Draco to finish his food.
"You can go, you know. You don't have to wait for me to finish eating." He laughed. I smiled back at him, nodding.
"Well I guess I shall be seeing later then." I tied my scarf tightly around my neck before standing up. "And Draco? Thankyou for letting me stay with you over Christmas. It meant a lot to me to have a proper Christmas. And thankyou for training me." I spoke quietly and awkwardly - I wasn't used to this. Draco simply nodded, obviously he wasn't used to this either.
I headed out of the Leaky Cauldron, trunk and owl in hand.

It was windy on my walk to the station but I walked fast. Only looking to up to see if I was going in the right direction. I soon realised I wasn't so confident in knowing the correct way to go. I stood searching the street with my eyes, seeing it I could recognise anybody. I soon saw a group of male students pulling trunks. A mixture of Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. I quietly followed them, making sure to stay a few feet behind them. Following their feet I soon came to Kings Cross. I headed towards Platforms 9 and 10. It was crowded as always. I stood in front of the platform, waiting for the group of muggles to board their train - I didn't want an audience.
I looked up at the station clock. 10:35, I had plenty of time. I ran at the wall, pulling my trunk behind me - I didn't bother getting a trolley. I was on the station platform, surprised to see the train already there.
I boarded, looking for an empty compartment. Not many people were here already so it was quite easy. I took off my scarf and settled down, looking out of the window searching for a friendly face.
The train soon got crowded and it was almost time to set off. I couldn't find my friends but decided it was wise to wait until after we'd set off to look for them.

The train soon started vibrating and chunting rhythmically. The train started slow, pulling away from the station. After about 15 minutes we were at a constant speed, the train heading towards countryside.
This was a perfect time to go looking for my friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter. I'm pretty poorly and on medication at the moment so I apologise for any mistakes XD
I hope you like it. I realise it's mainly a filler chapter but I promise the story will get into kick again soon.
Any comments/criticisms are appreciated.

Thankyou for reading