Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

Imperio

"Where are we going?" my voice cracked as I spoke, my throat was horse from screaming and crying. Keeran continued to walk, inspecting each wall we passed.
"We're going somewhere secret, you clearly need space." Keeran suddenly stopped, stepping towards the wall of the corridor.
"What are you doing?" He pushed my away and closed his eyes, concentration was etched into his face. Slowly two large door appeared before my eyes. The wall in front of us turned to wooden panels, gradually turning from grey to brown. Soon enough their was a real door in front of us, along with rusted bolts and handle. I stepped back next to Keeran and could feel a draft coming from underneath the door onto my ankles. Keeran pushed the door open.
"Come in." He stepped into the mysterious room and I followed, afraid the door would disappear.
"Wow. What is this place?" I spoke, looking around the cluttered room. It was the biggest room I had ever seen, it was filled with old furniture and books. Piles of junk, all of them covered in dust. As I looked closer I could see some of it was scorched black, like it had been retrieved from a fire.
"It's the room of requirement. It's a secret room in Hogwarts. It presents itself to those who need it, and changes depending on what they need. Most of the time it is just hiding places for old junk, or things you don't want people to find."
"So which am I? Old junk, or something you don't want people to find?" I said, raising my eyebrows at Keeran, who had his back to me. He turned slowly, his head leaning at an angle, revealing his pale long neck. You could see a few blue veins through the almost translucent skin. His skin was clear other than a few cleverly placed freckles, I counted three.
"Neither. I just thought this would be a perfect place to be alone." He looked me up and down, but not in the way Neville looked me up and down. Not with sparkling eyes, all I saw in his eyes was pity. Did he pity me? Why? My inner-thoughts were interrupted by the screeching sound of wood on the stone floor. Keeran pulled two old chairs out towards us so we could sit down. I sat down on the chair wearily - scared it would break or crumble. It creaked as I sat, but as I held my breath it did not buckle. I sat silent, still uncertain of what Keeran wanted.

"So, you don't want to talk?" He asked, leaning forward in his chair.
"About what?" I feigned confusion and pretending I was fine, despite my eyes clearly being red raw, my throat scratchy and voice horse. He raised his left eyebrow, seeing through my poor performance.
"Well let's start with you running through the corridor, or maybe the fact your eyes are redder than a Griffindors tie? I'm not stupid. What happened today?" Keeran leaned back again, not taking his eyes off me.
"I was betrayed. The first person I'd ever allowed myself to care about, the first person I'd ever allowed myself to believe in betrayed me. He turned on me, he never trusted me, or believed in me. He sat there watching like he couldn't even see me, like I was a stranger." I could feel a lump in my throat but I swallowed. I could feel rage and anger fire up in the pit of my stomach like a furnace. "I understand a strangers judgement, I'm used to that. But when you think you're building something, for the first time in your life, and it just takes one second to destroy it all. I feel like such a fool." My hands were crunched into fists and I suddenly became aware that my jaw was clenched. I breathed out deeply, imagining the smoke from the fire within me blowing away in my breath.
"You have to be careful who you trust, but people will show their true colours sooner or later. Just watch and you will see their masks start to crack, and their paint peel - revealing themselves. Araina, there are people out there who will help you, care about you - just be patient. Araina, your trust and friendship is valuable, and it must be earned." He leaned forward again, reaching for my hand, squeezing it gently between his two cool hands. "I know you're hurting now, but it will fade. This guy will be replaced with other guys, and I'm sure those will try to use and abuse you in one way or another - but don't let them be. You be in control, you pick who you trust. Stand up tall on your own two feet; then you won't have to look up to anybody, they'll be looking up at you." Keeran smiled, smirking slightly. I pondered his words, he spoke the truth. Yes it still hurt, but when it came to Neville I was always going to get hurt one way of another. As I thought about it more and more it was better for me to get it over with now before I was in too deep. I nodded and smiled at Keeran.
"Thankyou. Really, I needed this - I just didn't know it until now. I would still be a complete mess if it wasn't for you. Keeran, please promise me that if you ever have anything on your mind you will come to me with it." Keeran stood up, he looked shocked by my request, but after a few seconds nodded slowly.
"Wait here, I'll be back in a second." He turned on his heel, darting off further into the room, he turned left after a pile of cabinets and cushions then I could no longer see him. I waiting patiently, the room seemed so much larger and colder without him.

*** Keerans P.O.V ***
My footsteps made such a loud noise as I sprinted through the room of requirement, avoiding many wardrobes and giant chess pieces. It seemed odd that I used to get so lost in here. I knew it like the back of my hand now, so many hidden treasures and I knew exactly where they were buried. I stopped running when I recognised the old broken painting of Salazar Slytherin. I moved it aside, revealing what I came here for. I picked up the shoe box and removed the lid, checking it was still there. I put the painting back before retracing my steps back to Araina. By the time I had got back to her she was standing up, inspecting a battered statue that was abandoned here after the Battle of Hogwarts. I cleared my throat and she quickly spun to look at me, her eyes still red but no longer blood shot. The redness around them made her eyes seem more blue, usually they just looked like steel.
"Shall we go then?" She asked, her eyes darting to the floor. She did that a lot, look at the floor as she walked through the corridors, kept her head in books to avoid conversations - I hadn't paid attention until now. I nodded, my palms getting sweaty holding the shoe box behind my back.
Could I do this? Could I really do this? I followed her out of the room of requirement and knew that my greatest chance would vanish if I didn't do it now. I had no choice.
"So what's in the box?" She asked, tilting her head to see what I was hiding behind my back.
"It's... Uhm, It's a, something for... y-you." I gulped, my eyes wide like my owls. It was a gamble but it was all that came to mind. She blushed before smiling, it was hard for me to read her emotion but I'm positive she wasn't angry.
"Keeran." She smiled sweetly at me, it seemed so sincere. A wave of dread suddenly came over me as I realised what I was about to do, what I had to do. I just kept thinking of Rafi, and what I would become if I failed. I would end up dead, or worse.

At this point I decided it was best to stop thinking. Thinking had got me to this point, but now I'm a soldier; he doesn't want me to think, he want's me to do as I'm told.
"Come with me and I'll show you what it is." I turned and began walking, half of me wishing she would follow, and the other half wishing she would disappear. I could hear her footsteps behind me but I just continued walking. I walked down the stairs to the first floor and left towards the old bathrooms. I began to walk slower, scoping the corridor to ensure everybody was still in class. It was silent and I stopped in front of the girls bathroom.
"Seriously?" I turned to look at her and she was grinning, her arms crossed in defiance.
"Yes, seriously." I pushed the door open and quickly ushered her in, shutting the door quietly behind us. "This is Moaning Myrtles bathroom - nobody comes here." I put the box on the floor and removed the lid. She stepped closer, uncrossing her arms - clearly dying to see what was inside. I watched her facial expression change from wonder to disappointment.
"A toad. And what's that... a, a chicken egg?" She was bewildered and confused, her face scrunched up as she looked at it. I took them both out of the box and sat the old toad on top of the egg.
"What on earth are you doing?" She sat down, across from me, watching with speculation, but nothing happened.
I waited a few minutes so the egg could warm up. Araina soon grew impatient, thinking I was crazy probably. She circled the sinks tapping on the basin and turning the odd tap. Then over the sound of the water dripping from the odd working tap I could hear the eggs shell cracking.

"Look, look!" I shouted, uncrossing my legs and peering over the toad to get a better look of what was happening. Araina soon joined me, just as the head of the basilisk popped out from underneath the toad. Soon it's thin body followed. It was the size of a baby corn snake, but bright green in colour, I knew it would darken as it grew. I didn't look at it's eyes, knowing what that would mean. It turned it's head towards Araina, her mouth was open with awe, as she looked down at it.
"It's beautiful. What snake is it?" She looked up at me, I knew that all of her troubles had been forgotten, I wish it was the same for me.
"It's a basilisk. And by looking at it, it's female." I carefully inspected the head of the snake to be sure.
"How can you tell?" She asked, her eyes darting from me to the serpent. I thought to myself how lucky she was not have been killed yet.
"Well, I've read about them. Males have a scarlet plume of hair on their head.
The basilisk turned to the docile toad, before sinking it's teeth into it's back. Even as a baby, the venom was deadly and the toad was soon limp. The basilisk swallowed the toad with ease, despite it being five times as large as the creature.
"What should we call it?" She asked innocently, unfazed by the deadly snake.
"Imperio." I pulled my wand from my robe and pointed it at Araina. He eyes glazed over and I knew the spell had worked. I had her will, I controlled her.

Araina put her hand on the floor, and within seconds the basilisk was working it's way up her arm and had coiled itself around her wrist securely. She then spoke parseltongue, at my command. The floor quaked as the sinks began to move, revealing the entrance to the, now empty Chamber of Secrets. Araina entered, I followed swiftly behind, my wand almost touching the back of her head.
Once we reached the heat of the chamber I willed Araina to speak once again in the language of the serpents to open the old door, everything but the emeralds in the snakes eye seemed rotten. The door opened slowly allowing us to safely place the basilisk inside. I looked at it and even just after an hour it seemed to be bigger. It slithered towards the decaying skeleton of Salazars snake. I turned quickly, grabbing Arainas arm. It was odd seeing her in this state, no personality. She was a robot to my whims and desires. She did was I wanted, just as I did what Rafi wanted.

Soon enough we were back in Myrtles bathroom, fresh air back in my lungs. I had Araina close up the chamber before I lowered my wand. She blinked a couple of times and soon the colour came back to her eyes. She looked hurt and confused.
"What-" she began before I interrupted her with yet another spell.
"Obliviate." My voice quivered, I couldn't believe what I was doing. A soft green light shone from my wand - making the spell seem much more friendly than it was. She wouldn't remember any of this. She never saw me today, she never smiled at me, I never stopped her crying, or cheered her up. This didn't happen. She would look at me tomorrow the same way she had always looked at me. But I would remember, I would remember her blank expression and how lifeless her voice sounded as she spoke parseltounge. I would remember the look on her face as she realised I was the second person to betray her today. I blinked back tears and took a deep breath before taking Araina to the Slytherin common room. She was dazed and sleepy, I practically had to carry her.
Unable to enter the girls dormitories I took her to my bed, pulling off her shoes and socks before tucking her into my bed, as if making sure she was warm and comfortable made up for what I had just done to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
A very dramatic chapter I think you would all agree.

I know I sound like a broken record but comments really need to happen guys - seriously, it's the only way I can make this story better for you who read it.

Thankyou for reading.