Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

Memory Potion

Neville knocked on Malfoy's office door. The wood shook and his knuckles turned red until Draco finally unlocked the door. Neville didn't give him change before he pushed the door open almost squishing him, pulling me behind him the entire time. His palm was clammy and hot, gripping me tightly as if I was about to fly away.
"What's going on?" Malfoy was wearing a slate grey shirt along with a pair of fitted acid wash jeans, a lot more casual than his usual attire.
"I need your help. I'm not sure what is going on - but it's bad, and it can't be a co-incidence." Neville spoke fast, shutting the door before proceeding to lock it.
"What do you mean?" Dracos attention darted from Neville to me, he was unsure of who to focus on. The erratic Neville, panting and red - or me, silent and shell shocked.
"She's losing time. Her memories, they're gone. She doesn't remember any of yesterday and it's happened before. God knows how many times!" Neville paced around the office before grabbing an empty vial from a shelf and throwing it to the ground. It shattered into several pieces. The sound awoke me, I gravitated toward Neville and grabbed his arm, pulling him back to me.
"If somebody has erased your memories Araina, there is only one way to get them back. It's dangerous and painful. But who knows why those memories needed to be forgotten in the first place? This has been done for a reason, and the only way to find the answers you want is to get your memories back." Draco looked at me with empathy and spoke slowly, trying to calm the situation.
"I understand. What needs to be done?" I swallowed back the lump in my throat and bottled up all the fear I had inside; determined not to let it show.
"I need to get some things from my stores. You need to drink a memory potion." Draco replied, before heading out of the office. Without him here it was deadly silent, the only sound being his footsteps that were getting ever quieter with each step. Soon enough there was no sound at all. Just me and Neville stood there barely breathing.

"I've got it, thankfully it doesn't take too long to make" Draco re-entered with various boxes and bottles. He placed them carelessly on his desk before getting to work on mixing them in various quantities. The only ingredient I could recognise was feathers from the Jobberknoll. I kept quiet, knowing Draco would need to concentrate in order to get this perfect - I did not want this to go wrong. After a few minutes I decided to sit down in the chair across from Dracos desk, watching him work. Neville remained stood close to the door, more silent than before. The potion began to effervesce, a sign it was complete. I stood up before Draco notioned for me to sit. He poured me a large vial of the viscous liquid. It was quite warm to the touch, which comforted me. I held it together in two hands and drunk the entire thing. It didn't really taste like anything, but smelled heavily of rosemary. Neville walked closer to Draco as they both stood above me, watching in anticipation.
"Nothing is happening." I spoke too soon. A sharp pain seared through my head, accompanied by a high-pitched buzzing. It was too much to even scream. I held my head in anguish as the pain got gradually worse, blinding me. My ears were ringing and all I could feel was how hot my head was to the touch. I sat there trembling in agony as Neville and Draco tried their best to comfort me. The pain lasted a few minutes, but it felt like hours. I sat up straight, trying my best to regulate my breathing. I felt exhausted all of a sudden. My vision was blurred and I couldn't concentrate on anything other than how tired I felt. My eyes and arms became so incredibly heavy, I could feel myself slipping from the chair but I couldn't stop myself. My heavy body fell to the floor with a dull thud.

I opened my eyes slowly, the hospital wing was quite dark, lit only by candles and oil lamps. I turned to look out of the window, the sky was a light grey with streaks of navy - it was evening already. I must have been unconscious all day. As I laid there trying to figure out the time a wave of realisation came over me. I remembered everything. The snake, Keeran, the chamber, me speaking another language. It was him all along. I now remembered how I confided in him the day Neville betrayed me, how he used that to his advantage. I was too full of anger and hurt to think clearly. I laid there, paralyzed by the weight of my returning memories. The pain still lingered in my head, as if the new information was too large for it to hold. Numerous times he had brought me to the chamber, the basilisk ever growing. It was almost full size, much larger than any snake I had read about in books, or seen in zoos. Another wave crashed at the shore that was my brain - he needed to be stopped.
I turned my head and saw Neville sat at the side of me, asleep. I couldn't help but smile at him. I got up quietly, grabbing my wand from the bed side table and quietly slipping on my shoes. Hesitantly, I walked through the hospital wing and down towards the Slytherin common room. I needed to find Keeran.

I walked through the portrait into the crowded common room, it was filled with students rushing to finish assignment - a very usual occurrence for a Sunday evening.
Meredith spotted me from across the room, she was sat with a group of students, copying their homework.
"Araina!" she waved me over, with the most inappropriate timing. I tried to avoid eye contact with her but she stood up and made her way towards me - there was no way to avoid her bold persona.
"Meredith. I really don't have time to sit and chat. Have you seen Keeran?" I spoke fast, my eyes darting around the room searching for his dark hair and pale complexion.
"He's in his dorm as usual, I think. Why? Are you together? Please tell me you're not" Meredith pried, unaware and gossip hungry as ever. I walked away without responding, I had no appetite for her mindless conversation, nor the time for it. I walked up towards his dorm, knowing the way vaguely from my new-found memories.
Just as Meredith had said he was sat on his bed, facing the window. I marched up to him, grabbing him by his collar, pulling him up to his feet to face me.
"You! We need to talk." My hands were trembling, it took everything in me now to punch and kick him right there. I saw the fear in his eyes, instantly he knew. Instantly, he regretted. However within seconds his eyes drained of emotion and he embodied the cocky attitude he shot at everybody else.
"Oh, I have to agree on that on Araina. I have a proposition for you." Keeran pulled away from my grip, straightening his shirt.
"You have nothing for me, unless it is a sincere apology or confession. I can't believe all that you have done, that you have allowed to happen to people, innocent people. Do you have no idea what you have really done? People have been killed, massacred in the name of this new dark lord. Who is it?" I reached for my wand as I spoke, I had no idea the lengths Keeran would go to.
"How do you know I'm not the dark lord. The one in power!?!" He screamed at me, it almost seemed he was hurt by my dismissal of his authority.
"You're just a boy." I spoke quietly. "Despite all that you say and do I know you. Deep down you know this is wrong. What have they said to you? Did they threaten you, your family? I know people who can protect you Keeran." I pleaded with him, knowing he wasn't all evil.
"You don't understand anything. You've been here two minutes! Muggles don't respect us, or fear us. We're in hiding because of them, why? Why should we have to hide our abilities? We're better than they are. We're superior. Voldemort had a great plan and it would have worked if it wasn't for his obsession with Harry Potter." He spat his words and began to pace the length of his bed. "I have to do this. It's the only way we're going to be respected! You of all people should understand, Araina. How many muggles bullied you when they discovered you were different? How many people looked down at you because you could move things with your mind and talk to snakes? Come on Araina, take a bite out of death."
"Muggles may be different, but people act out when they're scared of something. They're not beneath you, or a lesser race - they're just different. They have different strengths - technology, science. Things that wizards don't understand." I tried to reason with him but soon realised there was no reasoning with someone who was desperate.

"We're going to fix what you started." I grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and dragged him out of his dorm. I let go when I realised the common room was filled with people. Instead I stook my wand in the small of his back and told him to walk. I continued this all the way to Myrtles bathroom.
"Saaaiiii-hathhe" I imagined a snake in front of me, the enormous green basilisk. The sinks shook as they moved, revealing the entrance to the chamber. I pushed Keeran down before me and soon followed down into the chamber, to face the beast we had created.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really apologise for how short this chapter is, but I was really unprepared and unmotivated - so I at least wanted to put this part out.

Thankyou for reading and I promise I will post as usual next week.

<3