Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

The Search

*** Nevilles P.O.V ***

I opened my eyes, surprised I wasn't looking up at my own ceiling. I soon realised where I was and what had happened earlier that day. I shot up, looking at the empty bed beside me. My heart sank and my pulse quickened as I thought of all that could have happened to her. Her wand and shoes are gone too - she must have got up and left. My heartbeat began to steady again and I tried to convince myself she had just gone back to her dorm, or to the bathroom.
I walked out of the hospital wing in an attempt to find Draco, he must have finished speaking to Minerva by now. Just as I sprinted down the corridor I saw Draco sauntering around the corner.
"Where have you been?" I asked impatiently.
"I was just on my way back from the owlery, McGonagall had me send a letter to The Order. I was just coming back to see how she was doing. Where you are going?" Draco replied, curious as to my movements. A sudden feeling of guilt filled me up as I knew I had to tell him she'd gone missing when I was supposed to be taking care of her.
"I, I fell asleep. She's gone... Draco, she's gone." Saying it outloud made it all real, I was angry at myself for letting her disappear all because I fell asleep watching her. I'm so stupid, why is it I can never protect the people I care about?! I looked up to see Draco nodding in understanding.
"Well we best look for her, she can't have gone too far." Draco turned and began to make his way back down the corridor, I quickly followed unsure of where he wanted to look first. I followed him quietly and our pace quickened and after a two lefts and a decent down a few stair cases I soon realised we were making our way to the dungeons, and the Slytherin common room. I'd only been down here once or twice - I'd never really had reason to come to this area of the school. Only Slytherin staff and students, some ghosts and house elves really came down here. Draco mumbled the password and the portrait moved open in the same lazy fashion the Griffindor one did.

I scanned the room with my eyes searching for Araina. A few times I thought I'd spotted her wavy brown hair, only to realise upon closer inspection it wasn't her. I began pacing around the room, then I spotted her.
"Meredith!" I walked over to her, she was stood in the corner of the room with a group of other girls I'd not has in any of my classes before.
"Professor Longbottom? What are you doing down here?" She stepped forward, confused by my presence.
"Have you seen Araina?" I asked quietly, not wanting the whole common room to hear our conversation.
"She was here about half an hour ago, looking for Keeran. Then they both left. Why?" She spoke honestly but with attitude, probing questions to be the first one with the scoop.
"It's not your concern. If you see her again, tell her to come find me, or Professor Malfoy." I walked away before she could ask anymore questions. I walked across to Draco who was confiscating something from a third year.
"She was here not long ago - she left with Keeran. Keeran Macavoy. He's in her year, Slytherin." I began to make my way out of the common room, confident Draco was close behind.
"I know him. He's a smart lad, not many friends though. Pretty sure a lot of the girls fancy him though, but he never seems interested... not for long anyway." Draco spoke, I almost laughed - his description of Keeran reminded me a lot of him in his years at Hogwarts.
"But where would they have gone? And why?" I asked, not caring much for the boy. Just Araina.
"I'm not sure in the slightest... They obviously wanted to be alone. The Room of Requirement maybe..." Draco suggested. I felt myself getting red at the thought of Araina wanting to be 'alone' with any boy.
"Fine." I began to sprint making my way to where the plain stone wall where the room had shown itself to me in my fifth year. Within a few minutes we were there, I stood impatient and closed my eyes, waiting for the door to appear. Draco just managed to catch up to me as the last handle on the door appeared. I pushed the door open and instantly began running through the large room.
"Araina!" I shouted her name multiple times and could hear Draco doing the same thing. I must have ran past the same cracked mirror five times before I decided she wasn't in here.
"Where now?!" I screamed out into the air, as I retraced my steps back to the door.
"I have no idea." I could hear Draco reply faintly as he also made his way back through the room. I could feel my body slump with defeat, multiple questions running through my mind. Why was she with Keeran? Did he have something to do with her memories? Was there so much more about him she didn't tell me? I felt I was too old to be jealous of a seventeen year old boy, but I couldn't help myself.

"Maybe we should go see Minerva?" I suggested, lost for ideas. I wanted to converse, speak so I didn't have to think so much.
"Good idea." Draco nodded. We both walked out of the Room of Requirement and headed towards the Headmistresses office. We turned at the end of the corridor, before cutting through the library.
"Hello Professor Malfoy." A meek voice came from the left of us. I stopped and turned to see Isobel.
"Hello Miss Falner." Draco spoke in a chirpy yet robot tone. It was obvious he got little hellos from most of his female students, most of which he politely tried to ignore. Draco started to walk again towards the other end of the Library.
"Wait." I called to Draco. "Isobel Falner, isn't it? Have you seen Araina?" I asked, clutching at straws.
"Well I've not spoke to her since Friday in the Great Hall. She never came to meet me in here yesterday. But I did see her when I was on my way here just now. She was with Keeran, on the second corridor - by Myrtles Bathroom? It looked like they didn't want to be seen, so I didn't call after her. Why? Is she in some sort of trouble, professor?" She spoke honestly and her eyes filled with worry as she put two and two together - she was a smart girl.
"Thankyou Isobel." I smiled at her before running back to the library's entrance. I had no idea why they would go there, but it was the only lead I had. It took Draco a few minutes to catch up but soon enough we were running through the corridors towards the old abandoned bathroom, breaking a few school rules along the way.

"Hello?" I shouted as I pushed the door open slowly, just incase any other students were inside. The bathroom was empty - at a last resort I could ask Myrtle if she'd seen her...
"Look!" I heard draco exclaim as he pushed past me. I followed him into the bathroom aimlessly. Then I saw it, the circle of rusted sinks were all gone, revealing a dark deep opening. I knew exactly where this lead, and where Araina was.
"The Chamber of Secrets." I stated, before stepping up towards the opening. I looked down into the dark hole, it looked endless. I looked up at Draco and gave him a weak smile before jumping down the opening. I was unsure of if Draco followed me as I fell down the dark pipe, sliding left and right with great momentum until I tumbled to a stop. I scrambled to my feet and waited a few moments to see if Draco was joining me. I looked at the floor, rodent bones and dust covered the ground, the only remnants from the basilisk Harry killed years before. My thoughts were interrupted as Draco arrived. I helped him up to his feet and could see the look of disgust on his face as he realised what he was standing on.
"Let's go find the entrance." Draco looked at me with worried eyes, but his voice was determined.
I nodded."Let's go find Araina."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short chapter.

I hope you enjoy this, it's all from Nevilles point of view, so I hope you enjoyed the change.

Thankyou for reading