Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

Aftermath

"Let's get out of here now, before there is too much attention." Three Aurors surrounded us, soon followed by the rest. They picked up Rafis limp body and carried him quickly out of the Leaky Cauldron. Once outside an Auror grabbed hold of myself and Keeran, and we all apparated to the Hogwarts entrance. The Aurors faces were beginning the come back as we walked up towards the castle. Most of the students were out in Hogsmeade, so the corridors were empty.
"What now?" I asked, shouting towards Ron and Harry who were in front, dragging the still paralyzed Rafi down the corridor.
"We question him, and take him to Azkaban." Ron shouted back, his voice straining slightly from carrying the weight of Rafi.
We all entered MacGonagalls office - she was stood waiting for a us, a chair already prepared with belts and chains to tie down our captured villain.
"Was anybody harmed?" Professor MacGonagall asked, looking from face to face.
"It was a quick affair, he didn't have chance to make a defense. Everybody is okay." Kingsley spoke as they tied Rafi's body to the chair.
"Hermione? Care to do the honours?" Kinglsey said, as they all stepped back, giving Hermione the floor.
"Finite Incantatem" Hermione spoke, pointing her wand at Rafi's head that was hanging limply down over his chest. Slowly he began to move again, first his fingers and legs began to switch, and then in one fast movement his head flew upwards. I jumped backwards in shock as he woke, afraid of what he would, or could do. It wasn't until this moment that I actually took a breath, it has all happened so fast I hadn't had chance to take in what we had done.
"I knew it." Rafi laughed manically. "So you've captured me, huh? I guess I'm to be taken to Azkaban." He ended his laughter with a hearty sigh, grinning up at each of us, as if he was happy to see us.
"Rafi you are charged with creating a terrorist group against muggles and muggle born witches and wizards. The offences include the use of all three unforgivable curses, the murder of several muggles, forcibly using an under-aged wizard to do your bidding and attempted assassination of Miss Riddle." Kingsley spoke clearly and loudly, the power in his voice awakened the strength I had hiding inside me.
"Guilty, to all. You think you're so smart, capturing me. The look on all of your faces is just adorable. But you forgot something, love." His last sentence was directed at me, but I didn't get chance to respond.
"What? What are you talking about?" Draco shouted out to him, pushing past Harry and Ron so he was standing over Rafi.
"You may have got me, but my will is done regardless." He again began to laugh manically, tears running down his cheeks the longer he laughed. The more I stood looked at him, the more convinced I was he was insane.
"Get him out of here!" Draco screamed. Kingsley stood beside Rafi, holding onto one arm. Hermione walked over to the other, holding his other arm. Ready to apparate.

The doors of the office flew open as Neville ran inside, his race white. Before he spoke I knew he had grave news.
"His followers were in Hogsmeade. They attacked after you apparated. Luckily a lot of people stood up to them, managed to give them a good fight, two of them are dead and the other one apparated once she saw her companions were dead." Neville spoke fast, holding onto the door to keep himself steady and upright.
"Any casualties?" Macgonagall asked, her voice shrill and high pitched.
"A lot of people got hurt yes, we're bringing them up to the hospital now. They did manage to kill one person. A student." Neville gulped, before looking at me. "Isobel Falner."
I felt dizzy and sick, but unable to move. Draco and Neville were speaking to me, but there voices were muffled and their words unintelligible. The next moment I was on the on my knees. The tears wouldn't come. Why wouldn't the tears come? My best friend is dead, all because of my own negligence and ignorance and I'm not crying. I looked up and everybody was running around, wands out and the room was empty. I was hunched over on the floor with Rafi sat behind me, Neville stayed to watch him and me, I could see his shoes at the left of me. They were all I could focus on, the dull black shoes with scratched on the front, likely from the numerous times Neville has tripped. They had dried dirt on the bottom and small patches of dust and mud all over. I'm uncertain of how long I was there, rocking backwards and forwards on my knees trying to come to terms with the fact my best friend was gone, and it was my fault. I tried to think of the last time I had properly spoke to her. It was weeks ago, I hadn't had the time for her since the Basilisk incident. I felt so guilty. She was my first true friend, and I didn't get the chance to give her the attention and love she deserved. I knew how exactly why I'd distanced myself from people; because it hurt like hell when they were torn away from you. There was no coming back from this.

Later it came to that whilst I was sat, shaking and panting over Isobels death that the escaped Death Eater was attempting to get into the castle, to help Rafi escape. She was killed almost instantly on site. Not before almost taking Ron down with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
A short chapter, honestly not sure how I feel about this one. Let me know.

Thankyou for reading