Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

I Evaporated

I excitedly scrambled underneath my bed to find a pair of shoes, putting them on with speed I asked him "where are we going?"
He grinned and said "home."
I smiled and grabbed my bag and case filled with my clothes. I stood looking at him with a grin on my face excited to discover the wonders of things I had no idea about. He held out his arm as if he wanted me to hold it, I went to hold on, then hesitated.
"Before I go anywhere with you, tell me this - what is your name?"
"Neville, Neville Longbottom."
I giggled and said "Great name." before grabbing his arm tight, unaware of how we were going to travel.
There was a jolt through my entire body and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't breathe. All I saw was a blur of colours and shapes, I couldn't even scream with fear, I couldn't see, I couldn't hear - all I could do was hold on. I was about to pass out when all of a sudden we stopped, I dropped my case and took in a deep breathe trying to find my feet, my legs were like jelly and I felt physically sick. My legs were about to buckle when Neville grabbed me, I noticed the concern in his eyes for me, a concern I hadn't seen before.

After a few minutes I stood up straight and finally looked at the surroundings. Weirdly, I felt more out of place than ever. There were, I guess witches and wizards all over, and children - in robes, it was busier than most high streets and every shop was bursting with people buying books, brooms, cauldrons and it all seemed so... stereotypical, yet never how I had imagined it. I looked at Neville, he smiled and picked up my belongings. He began to walk, so I obviously followed, not having chance to look at all the shops we passed. We stopped outside a very large building that read "Gringotts".
I turned to Neville and asked him "How did we get here?"
"We apperated, quite well I might add - you didn't throw up"
"Evaporated?" I grinned and followed him inside the building.
"Stay close, the creatures here may be clever, but they can be cunning at the best of times." Neville Whispered, I obeyed feeling as if I was intruding on this new world not having knowledge of where we were, why we were here and how come that... 'creature' has such distinguishing features.
"What, exactly are they?" I questioned timidly almost afraid of the answer.
"Goblins, this is Gringotts - Wizard bank, we need to get you some money."
I nodded, and continued to follow Neville and almost became his shadow, I know how pathetic I must have looked, but at this point that was the last thing on my mind.
We reached an empty space and Neville addressed the Goblin sitting behind the high desk which, with my short stature, could hardly see above.
"Neville Longbottom would like to make a withdrawal." He handed the Goblin a small key which was intricately designed. The goblin simply nodded and sent us up through various networks of what I assume were the wizards alternative to bank accounts. We stopped at a vault and once opened the inside was filled with a small, but in any case impressive stack of gold coins. Neville took a small amount of this pile out of the vault before returning at my side and leaving the small goblin to close it.

We left the bank and again stood in the crowded street, Neville began to walk towards a shop before I grabbed him arm quite suddenly and as he turned with a confused look on his face I exclaimed "please, can't we just sit and talk for a moment?"
He sighed and looked around the street as if trying to avoid my question before reluctantly nodding, I smiled and he began in the opposite direction, after a few confusing twists and turns we finally entered a small, quite empty dreary pub. The bartender seemed to be quite, and definitely not pleasantly surprised when we took a seat and Neville ordered two butterbeers. He noticed the confused look on my face and made me feel more comfortable by saying
"Don't worry, you'll like it." He smiled and got a coin out of his pocket, I assume to pay for the drinks.
"I feel bad, you paying for everything - It's not as if i'm your responsibility." I looked at the table and sincerely meant the words I said.
He shrugged his shoulders and seemed as if it didn't matter, just then the drinks arrived and as Neville drunk his butterbeer quite contently I cautiously sipped mine before taking a large gulp.
"I told you you'd like it." He grinned and pointed to his mouth, at first I didn't understand, then I wiped furiously at my mouth as my face turned a deep shade of red.
To avoid further embarrassment I attempted to change the topic by asking what I've been wanting to ask since I got here, "Why did you bring me back now? I'm not stupid, you want me for something." I glared at Neville.

He sighed in return "Voldemort, and sadly Dumbledore are now dead. These were the only two people keeping you from coming home, myself and a few people in the ministry believe it was an ideal time to bring you back, as things have now settled down, and it seems we're comfortably on top of any dark wizard attempting to gain power."
I nodded, remembering the conversation we had in my bedroom, "why are my parents in jail?"
"They used magic in front of muggles, not the kindest magic.." A certain discomfort fell on Nevilles face as he replied to my question, I however continues to press questions.
"Will you please tell me the whole story about my parents, are they bad, are they good?"
"They're a bit of both really, they had the opinions of a traditional pure blood family, and were brought up that way, but as Voldemort rose to power and you having to leave, they saw the destruction for what it really was, and attempted to separate themselves from Voldemorts side, however it was too late - the crimes they committed left them going to a cell in Azkaban."
I nodded, oddly I didn't care too much about my biological parents - having not met them, I had no emotional bind to them, Neville was the only person I would consider to trust or care for in this world, and I hope he felt the same.
"They deserve it, I guess. So you're saying I'm here simply to live a normal life?"
He nodded "as normal a life a relative of one of the most powerful dark wizards can live."
I sighed. "I don't know anything about magic, Neville. Where will I live, what happens now?"
Neville smiled and took my hand which was nervously clutching the handle of my cup.
"Stop worrying, you can stay with me, and I've arranged a few of my old friends to help you with the magic part through these summer holidays, then you'll be starting your 6th year at Hogwarts."
"Hogwarts... the school?"
"The greatest, and safest wizard school there is."
"Did you go there?"
"I did."
"I bet you were one of the smartest people there."
Neville simply giggled and took another gulp of his butterbeer before pointing at me, as if he suddenly remembered something of vital importance.
"you need a wand."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a few ideas for where I want this to go and I think i'll start doing some chapters from the pov of the bad people that are coming - spoilers! :P
COMMENT COMMENT! :D