Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

The Big Green Monster

Neville's P.O.V


Araina left my office a few moments after we heard the door go. My heart was pounding but I remained calm, I could tell she was startled. Now with her gone I was pacing my office; up and down, up and down, up and down. Whoever it was wants to use this against us, blackmail us - if they didn't they would have come in. Just then as I was drowning in my thoughts, a knocking on the door brought me back to the surface.
I walked over to the door and opened it an inch.
"Oh, Keeran. Now isn't really a good time." I pushed the door shut but Keeran swiftly put his hand in the way.
"I think this is the only time... Professor." Keeran smirked at me, and instantly I knew. I was just glad it wasn't a member of staff that had seen us, it would cost me my job.
"Wh-what do you want?" I began to open the door slowly and Keeran pushed it wide open and sauntered inside, he seemed a lot more cocky and confident than he had the past few weeks.
"I want you to leave Araina alone, and I'm going to get what I want. Otherwise I'll be going to McGonagall, and telling her about your disgusting little affair. You're sick, she's your student." Keerans eyes were filled with rage, but he remained calm.
"It's not sick, I know it's wrong - but it's not sick. I've not once taken advantage or manipulated her, I always put her first." I stood my ground, refusing to be pushed around by a teenager. He stood there and laughed in my face.
"Oh, Professor Longbottom. This type of scandal I expected from Professor Malfoy, but not you. I can see it now, the parents outraged, your friends disgusted. Oh, and Araina - the students would never let her live it down, she'd be branded slut and whore. The girls won't go near her and the guys will try to take advantage of her thinking she's easy. But don't worry, once you're sacked, I'll protect her." His sarcastic comments and grin were lined with venom and I soon found myself standing in front of somebody I didn't know. This wasn't the remorseful boy who wanted to put things right. This isn't the boy who was ready to kill himself over guilt hours ago like Araina described. It's strange how one moment can change a person so much. Or maybe this was always who he was, maybe it was all an act to reel her in.
"Fine. I'll leave her alone. Apart from lessons I won't see her. But that won't change how she feels; you can't force her to love you, Keeran. Just like I couldn't force her to not love me, or myself to not love her."
"We'll see. Just stay away from her, otherwise it won't just be McGonagall that finds out, I'll let slip to Skeeter too." Keeran placed his hands into his pockets and gave a sarcastic grin before spinning on his left foot and leaving.

I sat there in my chair silent until the sun rose up. There was another knock on my door, but I recognised this one. Araina let herself in after the third knock.
"Nobody followed me back to the common room and I didn't come across anybody in the corridors. Have you heard anything?" She was still scared, I could tell she hadn't slept either.
"It was Keeran." I said, before telling the entire tale of what had happened in the early hours of that morning. She stood stationary, her face like stone and her eyes glazed over.
"I'll talk to him. I'm not letting him get away with this. Who the hell does he think he is?!" She was shaking as she spoke and before I could calm her down she was out of my office and storming down the corridor. I managed to finally catch up find her at the base of the old tower, her hands gripping Keerans collar as she screamed at him.
"He's no good for your Araina! He's too old, it's wrong." Keeran shouted back, his eyes darting over to me.
"Oh, is that what you think? You don't even know him, not like I do. I felt for him before we were student and teacher. And if you were truly concerned for me you would confront me about it, not go behind my back and try blackmail Neville. You're no friend, you're selfish and-" Keeran grabbed Araina and pulled her towards him, pushing a kiss forcefully onto her lips. I found my legs running towards him before I could think. He was on the floor in shock before I'd realised what I'd done. I felt sick, his lip was bust.
"You still think he's mister perfect?" Keeran spat, before wiping blood off of his lip. Araina gripped me tight and his expression changed from smug to hurt.
"I wish Rafi had killed you both." Keeran stood up and brushed the dirt off of his robe. He grabbed a broom from the corner of the room and within a flash was gone, flying above the Quidditch pitch and away from us.
"Where's he going?" Araina asked, still gripping my arm tightly, grounding me to reality.
"Back to those death eaters I expect, God knows what he'll do." I said in response, still staring through the window out to faint dot in the sky finally go out of sight.
"We need to get him back." Araina sighed, her hand released it's grip from my sleeve and moved it's way down to my hand and squeezed it gently.
♠ ♠ ♠
Almost at the end of this story now me thinks. Still unsure of how to end it though XD

Any ideas/feedback would be appreciated.

Thankyou for reading :) <3