Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

The Final Battle

"It's been two days since Keeran was last seen, we've sent owls to ministry and released a photo in the Daily Prophet to try to find him." Draco spoke calmly but I could tell he was anxious from the way he kept tapping his foot.
"You're trying to tell me he flew off the grounds of Hogwarts and just disappeared off the face of the Earth? Somebody must have seen him, somewhere. He's up to something, I know it. When he left he was so angry and bitter, he left in a fit of rage; he'll so something that he'll regret. We need to find him and stop him before it's too late..." I sighed, putting my head on Draco's desk. Ever since Keeran left me, Neville and Draco had been doing our best to locate him, with help from the Order. Neville and I decided it was best to not tell Draco and the others about our indiscretion. Instead we made up a similar story, where a fellow student was the object of my affection instead.
"He's a jealous teenage boy Araina. When he comes back it'll be with his tail between his legs. He's too proud for that, that's why he's staying away." Neville added, putting his hand on my shoulder for comfort.
"I wish that were true but, it took childish feelings to get him involved with the Death Eaters in the first place. Maybe jealousy is enough to push him back to them..." I lifted my head off of the desk and looked at both Draco and Neville, their faces hardened and they gave a knowing look to one another.
"Fine, you might be right. But we're all searching for him, as soon as he's spotted he will be taken into custody. He won't have time to work out any plans or re-organise Rafi's allies. Besides, Rafi and half of his followers are all in Azkaban anyway after what you and Keeran pulled off in Hogsmeade." Draco spoke tenderly, aiming to stem my worries and calm my nerves. I nodded in response, not wanting to drag the conversation out further.
"I've got to get to class. You'll come get me if anything happens?" I looked firstly at Draco, then to Neville. They both nodded and I picked up my satchel and left.

The corridors were quiet and void of students, a signal that I was late to Charms. I sped up my walk and made my way left to the second floor. I entered the classroom as discreetly as possible, not looking for unwanted attention. Professor Flitwick cleared his throat as I made my way to my desk; the only empty desk in the room. I looked at it and thoughts of Isobel started swimming through my mind. I made my way to my seat with the feeling of nausea coming over me. I focused on the black board behind Professor Flitwicks head to distract myself from my own mind.
"Sorry for being late." I quickly muttered whilst I got out my textbook and parchment. He nodded and continued with the class, ever since what happened in Hogsmeade my Professors has been a lot more lenient with me, which I was thankful for under the circumstances.
Charms passed swiftly and before I knew it I was heading to my last class of the day, Care of Magical Creatures. I kept telling myself the fresh-air would be good for me as I slowly followed a group of Hufflepuffs to the edge of the forbidden forest where our lesson was due to take place.
"Araina!" I heard a voice calling from behind me, I turned and saw Draco running towards me with a piece of parchment in his hand. I swiftly made my way back towards the castle and Draco.
"What's happened?" I asked as we both swiftly paced towards the Castle entrance, Draco catching his breath as he passed me the piece of parchment. I tried to steady my hand as we walked so I could make out the slanted handwriting of the letter.

"Draco,

There is rumour of a planned attack on Askaban with the aim of freeing Rafi and the others. We can only assume Keeran is involved, if not running the operation. Apparate to headquarters and we will go from there. Bring Neville and Araina. Quick.

Harry"

The letter was to the point, I found myself walking faster my heart racing with every step I took. We needed to stop this, we needed to stop this now.
We walked to McGonagalls office, not speaking the entire way. Our brains too heavy with thoughts and worries to focus on a conversation. Neville was waiting with us with a duffle bag in his hand
"A change of clothes once we get to headquarters. You can't go fighting danger in your school uniform now can you?" He said as we entered, giving me a encouraging smile. Draco was the first to enter the fireplace, Neville passed him the pot of floo powder and just as Draco finished shouting "12 Grimauld Place" he was engulfed by green flames. I followed swiftly after, the smell and heat of the smoke and flames still lingering, it smelt almost chemical.
"12 Grimauld Place!" I shouted throwing down the floo powder at my feet, the flames surrounded me and when they dispersed I was in the dining room of the Orders headquarters, everybody was there, either standing or sitting around the dining table. Feeling a rush of heat at the back of me I knew Neville had just arrived.

"Great now we're all here we can go over the plan." Harry started as Neville walked me over to the dining table.
"We're all going to apparate to Azkaban, the guards and staff have been made aware of the situation, Dementators are still being used but their numbers are few with Kingsley's new laws and acts being passed so they hopefully will not be an issue. If so, all those possible, cast your patronus. Stay in pairs. Draco you'll be with George, Neville you stay with Araina. Our aim is to capture Keeran before a breakout attempt is made. We have no idea the amount of death eaters he will have with him so everybody stay on guard and be prepared for anything. Any death eaters at this scene will be instantly put into cells until an official trial and report can be made, so if you see a death eater, stun him and send out red flares from your wand - this will alert a guard to come collect the death eater and lock them away. Any questions?"
"Can I quickly get changed?" I asked, looking down at my school shirt and tights. Harry looked at me and nodded "quickly" I grabbed the bag from Neville and head into the next room quickly un-dressing as soon as the door was closed. Neville had packed a pair of lose fitting jeans, my old Dr Martens and a long sleeved cotton shirt, much more comfortable than what I was wearing. I stuffed my wand safely into my jeans pocket and shoved my uniform back into the bag before heading back into the dining room to re-convene with the others.

We all grouped hands and before a quick good luck we apparated to the entrance of Azkaban. The building itself was eerie and felt cold and distant, the prolonged use of dementors here left me feeling unsettled and sad; distracting me from our mission. We entered and spoke to the guards, apparently as far as they could see nobody had attempted to come as of yet, which was a good thing. We had time to position ourselves and prepare for their arrival.
We positioned ourselves spread outside the cells of Rafi and his highest ranking supporters and at all possible entrances into the prison itself. We briefed and re-briefed until the point where I was wishing Keeran would hurry up and show so I could get this over with. The waiting and anticipation left my stomach in knots and my wand slipping out of my hand due to sweat. I was pacing up and down my station when I heard the first bang. They were here.

I couldn't see what was happening because of our position, we were told to stay here in-case the dark forces advance further than the main entrance. I could hear spells being shouted from both sides and see the shots of light and smell of chemical burning that accompanied certain hexes. Guards began running as red sparks shot into the air like little fireworks. Hopefully that was a good sign. I stood there alongside Neville, my wand gripped firmly, ready to cast whatever came to mind as soon as anybody came around that corner. I could hear running and shouting again, voices I did not recognise, I strengthened my position, tilting my body weight so I could cast my spells more effectively.
"Stupefy!" I shouted, stunning the first death eater than came towards us, Neville followed suit taking out two more death eaters. We awaiting for more to come but it seemed that many of the death eaters were stuck within the hexes and spells being cast by the entrance. However, I knew not to be complacent. I remained silent as Neville shot out the red sparks ensuring the death eaters be taken into custody before they chance to recover and fight back. More death eaters shortly followed, these were faster than the other ones, it took a few failed attempts before one of my spells hit. Eventually we got all of them, but it wasn't without hardship. Waves continued to pour through just as we were getting our breath back. It seemed like hundreds of witches and wizards, but thinking back it was probably no more than fifty that managed to get past the entrance and to us. With the majority of them locked away and rest slowly being defeated by the order we felt victorious. However, there was something I think only I cared to notice; there has been so sign of Keeran. Just as Hermione was bandaging up Draco's wound there was a bang, it was distant sounded like it came from the back of the building. Immediately we began running, there was no time for plans or details now. He had outsmarted us, the death eaters were a distraction so he could sneak in alone whilst we were off guard and mostly injured. With my and Neville having the easiest position we were in the fittest form, running ahead of the others we made out way towards cell 1110, where Rafi was currently being held. We made it just as the outside wall exploded, sending us flying backwards and making my ears ring. I picked myself back up again with the help of Neville and we faced our enemy.

"We're not letting you do this!" I shouted across the corridor as Keeran made his way through the rubble and stone he had just caused.
"What make's you think you can stop me? Rafi is just through that door. I'm a few feet away from reach my goal and once I do. You're both dead." Keeran spoke, pointing at Rafis cell with his wand.
"You're not going to kill her." Neville started, slowly stepping in front of me.
"What makes you think that? She has no power over me!" Keeran screamed the last bit, for all his talk and games; his emotions always got the best of him. I remained calm, ensuring I had vision and aim in case Keeran decided to surprise us with any spells.
"Keeran. You were mad when you left, I understand. You might think this is an excellent way to get back at us but you're not hurting us, you're hurting everyone. You're hurting your father, our classmates, the owners of all the shops in Hogsmeade, you're hurting Isobels memory. If you walk away now we can fix this. It'll take time but I'm sure we can all find forgiveness. But if you go any further the order will have no choice but to arrest you and put you in one of these cells alongside all your... friends." I spoke, looking into Keerans eyes trying to gauge his reaction, his train of thought. I couldn't, no matter how much I tried I couldn't relate to him anymore, he was gone. A deranged, power-hungry stranger stood in front of me. He didn't respond with words, he responded with spells. In a second we were on the floor, spells flying all over, hitting rubble, walls, everything but us. The air cleared for a moment as me and Neville hid behind a pile of rubble for cover. We each took turns shooting and covering the other as Keeran relentlessly shot at us. After what felt like an age we managed to get ahead, Keeran had no choice but to block our spells as we walked closer to him continuously firing hexes and stunning spells his way. He lifted his hands up, I took it for surrender and stopped shooting.

"Reducto!" Keeran screamed, blue light shot towards me before I had time to react, Neville pushed me out of the way screaming "Pretago!" But it was too late, the spell hit him in the shoulder sending him flying backwards into a pile or rocks against the wall.
"Neville!!" I screamed, tears filling my eyes. Despite my emotions I couldn't focus on whether he was okay or not, within seconds I was filled with rage and hate. I walked towards Keerans, firing spells without incantations with every step I took. The expression of fear that overcame his face told me he could see the hatred in my eyes.
"Expulso!" I screamed as I got close to him, he managed to block it but I continued walking over to him, backing him into a corner.
"Pretificus Totalus!" I screamed, hitting him square in the chest, his body jolted straight and he fell the floor with a singular thud. It was over, I thought to myself.

I walked over to Neville, gently removing the rubble and rocks that had fallen onto him during the last moments of the duel. He was unconscious, I checked his pulse and breathing and thankfully he was alive. I gingerly kissed his forehead before standing up and walking back over to the paralysed Keeran. I knelt down and looked him square in the face. The hatred still lingered in me, with all the strength I could muster I clenched my fist and punched him square on in the nose, I could feel and hear the crack as his nose started to bleed. I stood up and kicked him in the stomach hard, my toes crunching against the edge of my Dr Marten boots. I kicked him again, screaming out as I did so. Now it was over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thankyou for sticking with this/reading all this way