Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

Casualty

I couldn't face losing someone else.
Am I destined to have everyone close to me either die because of me, or betray me? I squeezed Nevilles hand hoping for a response; but as he had done for the past four hours, twenty seven minutes and fourteen seconds, he laid there dormant. I couldn't cry, I wish I could - that would feel normal. Instead I was numb, I couldn't feel anything other than his hand. I couldn't feel myself, or the room, all I could feel was his hand and the minimal bit of body heat coming from it. The doctors at St Mungo had tried with all their will to get me looked at too but I refused, I had to stay with him just in case. If it was me in this hospital bed he would never leave me, not ever. No matter how much I tried to block them out, thoughts of a life without Neville infected my mind. The only person I'd have left would Draco. And it's just not the same, he would always be my teacher before my friend. Whereas Neville, he will always be the person who took me from a place of misery and showed me that I belong. Showed me that I was worth something, showed me know I truly was. You can't replace a person like that, not even after 100 lifetimes. The nurses kept saying that it was only a matter of time before Neville woke up and that he would be fine as soon as his body had the rest it needed but I couldn't shake the feeling he would leave me. Despite the cuts and bruises that covered his face and arms he looked so peaceful, I wondered if he was dreaming, and if so what he was dreaming about. It was nice to have such a rare moment together but I wished it was under different circumstances. I imagined that I was just watching him sleep like usual, that I was unsure whether or not to wake him for breakfast.

Just as that happy thoughts was running through my mind Draco pushing the curtain back and sat on the chair beside me.
"You should sleep, you've been up all night watching him since we got here." Draco said, his arm in a sling. I shook my head, not wanting to talk through fear of my voice breaking and me bursting into tears.
"Watching him isn't going to make him wake up any faster, he will be fine Araina." Draco continued, putting his arm around me for support.
"I need to be here when he wakes up." I managed to spit the words out in between controlled breaths.
"I understand. I didn't know whether you wanted to know, but Keeran has woke up. He got more damage from your beating than your hex. He's going to stay here overnight and then Ministry officials will be here in the morning to take him to a detention facility, he's too young for Azkaban they think. We got an owl from them about an hour ago."
"The dementors can have him for all I care. We trusted him and he betrayed us, he's pathetic." I spat, not realising I was squeezing Nevilles hand harder than before. Draco walked out and closed the curtain behind him, leaving me and Neville alone again.

I don't know how long I'd been sat there, I don't even remember falling asleep. I just remember hearing Neville call my name and thinking it was a dream. I opened my eyes and saw him laying there, smiling weakly at me. My eyes widened as I realised he was okay and soon filled with tears of joy.
"You're okay. Thank god, I thought you might have left me." I said wiping away my tears, I gripped his hand tight and refused to let go, he squeezed in response.
"I'm okay, a little bruised but not broken. Takes more than that to keep me down." He smiled. I nodded back grinning from ear to ear.
"come here, you look tired." He said, pulling me by my hand as he shuffled left, making room for me on the bed. I slipped off my boots and crawled under the covers with him. We spooned, with his arms wrapped around me, I could feel his warm breath on my neck as we both drifted back off to sleep together.
♠ ♠ ♠
A very short chapter but I thought this was a good place to end this chapter.

There should be one more chapter to go just to tie everything together.

Thankyou for reading