Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

The end, or perhaps a beginning

[Nevilles P.O.V]

I woke up, my arm still aching, in fact as I tried to stretch I realised my entire body ached. My joints stiff from being laid in one place for so long. I turned my head and could see Araina still sleeping, curled up into a ball, pulling the duvet up to her face. I smiled, happy that she was the first face I saw today. I reached my arm over the bed side table to drink the water. I noticed there was a letter addressed to me. I quietly sat up, trying my best not to wake Araina. Despite the creaking bed she slept on, she must have been exhausted. I reached for the letter and unfolded the piece of parchment.

"Neville,

As I was leaving the hospital this morning, escorted by ministry officials I saw you and Araina sleeping, at first I felt a pang of jealousy in my chest along with hatred. But then I realised I don't really hate either of you, I'm just envious of what you have and hate that I've never had that, and now because of my actions I probably never will. I'm not asking for forgiveness, from either of you. I just needed you to know that I realise I've been a selfish, immature, prick, and I deserve what is happening to me. I'm not entirely sure what is going to happen to me after the trial, but hopefully whatever it is, it'll help me grow up, and become the type of person someone like Araina would be proud of. I wish I could turn back time and realise I shouldn't have done any of this. I was becoming a better person, I was growing with help from Araina, and all of you really, and I ruined that because of one stupid moment. Because of my pride and jealousy and inability to admit to my own emotions I made a rash decision, I decision I couldn't get myself out of. I knew I wouldn't succeed before I even entered Azkaban, and in all honesty - I didn't want to succeed, I was just too prideful to admit I was wrong.

I promise I won't say a word to anybody about you and Araina, I know what that could mean for your job, and her at school. I can really see now that what you have is pure and real, and I hope that you two can find happiness. I can't deny I feel a little bitter but, I'm working on that.

Regards,
Keeran"

I had no idea how to react. I was unsure whether or not I should tell Araina, not knowing how she would react to Keeran after what he had put her through. I know there is only so much people can take, or forgive and I didn't want to bring more drama into her life after all she had been through. I looked over to her, she was breathing heavily but softly. I had never seen her look so peaceful and untroubled, and I didn't want to take that moment away from her. I folded the letter back up and put it back on the bed-side table. I was still unsure of Keeran, I didn't know whether to trust his words or whether he would be able to stick to them for any length of time - given his previous track record. I slowly stepped out of bed, trying to be quiet. The hospital bed creaked as expected and as I put my entire weight onto my legs they began to shake; being laid up in bed had really had an effect.
I walked slowly, putting on the slippers and dressing-gown provided by St. Mungos. I took one look at Araina still sleeping as I left, going to spend some time with my parents.

[Araina's P.O.V]

I woke up and for the first time in a while, I actually felt rested. I didn't want to open my eyes just yet, I wanted to savor this moment. I was just the right temperature, I was laid just in the right position, and I could faintly smell Neville's scent from the bed cover that I held to my chin. I took in a deep breath and then slowly exhaled, I stretched out my body and that is when I realised Neville was no longer in bed with me. I shot up and looked around, but he was no where. I scrambled out of bed, getting slightly tangled in the bed sheet, before putting on my shoes and straightening up my clothes and hair. I sat on the edge of the bed and thought about where he might have gone, he wouldn't have properly left without me... Maybe he went to get us breakfast. Or maybe Draco was here again and he went to speak to him. I decided to take a long stroll around the hospital floor on my way to the cafeteria to see if I could find Neville. I saw no familiar faces, not Draco, not Neville, nobody from the Order. I was beginning to get a little worried when I entered the cafeteria and all I was greeted with were nurses, patients and a few house elfs cooking. I decided to grab a glass of orange juice and walk slowly back to the room, hoping Neville would be there by now.

Dragging my feet I realised that Nevilles parents were here, I racked my brain trying to remember where exactly they were in the hospital, and after asking a few helpful nurses I managed to find my way to their room. I slowly pulled back the curtain when I could Neville's voice, he was telling his parents about how he got his bruises. He turned slowly when he heard the curtain open.
"Araina, you're up." He smiled and began to stand up, pulling at his robe as he did.
"I came looking for you, but now I know where you are, I can wait outside if you want..." I didn't want to wait outside, I wanted to be involved, I wanted to talk to Nevilles parents and hold Nevilles hand as he said goodbye to them, but I understood that what I want doesn't matter in this situation.
"I just wanted to see my parents since we were here, before we left. Y-you don't have to wait outside if you don't want." He smiled and stood there, waiting for my decision. I sat down in one of the chairs and grabbed the hair brush that was on the bedside table of Nevilles mum. I began to silently brush her short greying hair as Neville sat back down.He put his arm around me and for a few minutes we were both silent, as I brushed his mothers hair and he smiled at both of us.
"I'm glad this is all over. It's time to try some normalcy" I said, putting the brush back down and turning my head to face Neville.
"I agree. Now the most difficult thing you'll have to encounter are your N.E.W.Ts" Neville laughed, brushing my hair out of my face.
"But what happens now, with us, with me? The school year is over next week and I'm not sure where to go. I don't have anywhere to live, and I can't come stay with you - that puts you and your job at risk. What are we? I've not had chance to think about it before because of everything that was happening, but now that the drama is over and the dust is settling people will have to find a new topic of gossip. That topic could be you and me if we're not careful" I spoke fast, not really sure where I was aiming to end my rant of worries.
"Araina. Just stop and breathe for a minute okay? We haven't even left St. Mungo's yet. I would never leave you or abandon you, no matter how that implicated my job. I will sort something out for you so you have a place to stay over summer. You just focus on being a student, growing up and enjoying yourself okay? We might not be able to be exactly what we want right now, but just being around you is enough for me. As long as I know you're safe and happy then I am content. I'm going to take care of you, for as long as you need me to." He pulled me for a hug once he's finished speaking, and although I couldn't stop the thoughts and worries floating around my mind I felt safe in his arms. And although tomorrow might bring new challenges for us, for the first time in my life I looked to the future and saw a glimmer of hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finished finally. I know the ending seems a bit meh, but I was really stuck on how to end this since all the major plot has already been tied up in previous chapters. I just knew I really had to end this story now, it's been going on for too long XD There won't be a sequel of this fyi.

Thank you to all those who has read this entire thing and stuck with it, I applaud you and thank you for the time you took to read this, I hope you enjoyed it :D