Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

10" Willow, Phoenix Feather & Basilisk Skin.

We walked through the busy street and into a shop that had a sign that read "Jimmy Kiddell's Wonderful Wands" To say it claimed to be so wonderful it was pretty empty and by the look of things, didn't get much custom. As we opened the door, and the bell chimed, the short man behind the counter seemed startled when he heard us enter the shop. He jumped up and attempted to organise the mess of parchments on his counter and straightened his hair and robes as we approached him. Neville smiled and explained that I needed a wand, the man nodded and looked down at me hazily through his rather thick spectacles that made his eyes appear 3 times larger than they were, as I looked up at the peculiar looking fellow I thought to myself 'we're in the wizarding world, you'd think poor eye sight was curable.' A moment later a long thin box was getting shoved at me, I opened inside and a short wooden wand lay inside, I looked at the label on the box, it read '7" Rosewood, Veela Hair.' I looked up to find both Neville and Kiddell looking down at me with blank expressions, I faced Neville who save a waving movement with his hand, indicating I do the same with this wand. I picked it up and waved it as told looked at Neville, suddenly he flew back quite violently, I dropped the wand and helped Neville to his feet. Neville picked up the wand, shook his head and gave it and the box back to Jimmy Kiddell. Kiddell nodded slowly and put the box back whilst retrieving a longer box from the shelf to the left of shop. I read the box once more, this one read "15" Yew, Dragon Heartstring" I again gave the wand a wave, this time the windows within the door pane cracked and smashed with an oddly ear piercing squeak. I again, handed the wand back and apologised. The man behind the glasses seemed to be getting flustered and although his age made him seem he had years of experience, he seemed lost and clueless as to where to go next. He began asking Neville about the wands my parents possessed. Neville didn't reply and began to walk out of the shop. I chased after him as he walked up the road to another wand shop, this one read "Ollivanders Wand Shop".

This seemed to be a lot older than the previous shop we were in, with the sign paint peeling, we went inside and there were stacks and piles of boxes covered with dust, these piles and stacks were not organised at all, and it almost seemed like the shop had been hit by a hurricane. A tall, very old, but jolly man came to great us, and appeared to know Neville quite well, asking him how his wand was treating him - I thus assumed Neville bought his wand here. The man looked me in the eyes and nodded, before going into the back of the shop and returning with 2 or 3 different boxes, getting one out he said "try this, it's 11" Holly, nice and supple - with a Demiguise Hair core, good for Transfiguration" I smiled and closed my eyes whilst waving the wand, I opened my eyes to find several books on the floor. Ollivander sighed, "I guess not." I nodded as he handed me another wand. "now this one is 12" Mahogany, very powerful - But I think you can handle it." I swished the wand and swiftly ducked as boxes came flying at all three of us. Ollivander shrugged his shoulder and gave me another wand quite wearily this time. "Now, this is a very rare one, so please - be careful." I swished the wand and a bright light emanated from the end of the wand, the air around me began to get restless and then subsided as I lowered the wand." Ollivander smiled and put the wand back in the box giving me it in exchange for a few of those gold coins Neville had. I looked at the box as we left the shop, this one read "10" Willow, Phoenix Feather & Basilisk Skin".

"Why didn't we just go there first, he seemed to be a lot more experienced." I asked, putting the box in my bag.
"He closed down a while back, and I wasn't sure if he was opening back up or if he would want to serve you, since..."
"I'm guessing this 'dark wizard' whose blood runs through my veins made him shut up shop." I said this dramatically with a hint of sarcasm, causing Neville to shake his head but smile none the less. We continued to walk down the street until we reached a shop that had robes in the window, one was red and hooded, with shin guards and other protective clothing, the one next to it was identical, only green.
"They're Quidditch robes" Neville said, also looking at the robes.
"We just need to get you plain school robes, then we can go home."
I nodded and entered the shop following Neville through the crowd that inhabited the shop. The area of the shop we stood in seemed to be filled with 11 year olds, Neville told me they were first years at Hogwarts buying their first robes, as they haven't been sorted into their houses - I was going to ask, but I decided to leave it until we were 'home'. We purchased my robes, which ended up just being, a shirt skirt, jumper and long coat like robe, not so different to most school uniforms - minus the robe of course. As we exited the shop and I could finally breath again, I asked "Neville, where is home?" he rose him arm and pointed to a small building that looked more like a pub than a house. "It's the Leaky Cauldron, we'll be staying there for a few days until I get told what to do next." I nodded and kept quite all the way to the leaky cauldron, I only spoke when Neville opened the door to our room "Thankyou." I put down my bag on one of the beds. "For like, everything - I know this whole thing is very confusing and i'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared for a lot of it, but still I'm so happy you took me from that place, I was sick of the routine, and the loneliness, and wondering why nothing seemed to fit." I sighed contently and smiled at Neville. He nodded and seemed to be quite touched by my words.
"You're welcome, in return... promise me you won't follow in the footsteps of Voldemort"
"I promise" I giggled. "What are the houses?"
Neville sat down next to me. "At Hogwarts, there are four houses, these houses are like a community, a family - you get sorted into your houses at the beginning of your first year and live with them up until you leave, you have lessons with other houses, but eat, sleep and most likely be-friend those who are in your house. You get house points for good behaviour and such, and lose points for rule breaking."
I nodded "What houses are they?"
"Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw & Slytherin" He took a slight pause before going into more detail about each house.
"Gryffindor, values bravery and nerve - I was in Gryffindor, although most wondered why for the most part of my education. Gryffindors emblematic animal is the lion, and the colours are scarlet and gold."
"Gryffindor were lucky to have you."
"You have no idea." After another pause he continued. "Hufflepuff, tends to take the students who don't have any specific skill, but is more known for loyalty and honesty. It's animal is a badger and the colours are black and gold. They're bit of a quite house - tend to stay out of trouble and blend into the background"
"A badger? I'm sorry - but when compared to a lion it seems a little... pathetic." I giggled, trying not to seem so insulting. Neville kept quite until I stopped giggling.
"Ravenclaw, are more exclusive about their students, only people who are very smart and have a lot of knowledge get into Ravenclaw. Its animal is the eagle, and its colours are blue and bronze. They tend to stay out of trouble too, but get a lot of awards and points due to their intellect."
"That sounds pretty cool... better than Hufflepuff anyway, but I bet Gryffindor is the most popular choice among parents."
"Depends on who your parents are... Slytherin house values ambition, cunning and resourcefulness, most Slytherin's go on to be dark wizards, and the families of Slytherins have very traditional views towards who should learn magic. There is quite a bit of rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin - it's died down a little since the fall of Voldemort though."
"Whats Slytherins animal?"
"A snake."
My mind went back to my bedroom, all the snakes and serpents on my wall, and then I thought of my wand... Basilisk, it sounds familiar, Basilisk, I read it somewhere... Basilisk, it was in a book of mine... Basilisk, it's a snake.
"Do you think I will get in Slytherin?" I said this in a worried tone, I didn't want to be a dark wizard, but I knew I didn't have a choice.
"Maybe, the hat will know of your past and the pure blood that courses through your veins, but the sorting hat is known to have gone with that is truly in the mind and heart of the student and will place you in a house based on that."
"As long as i'm not in Hufflepuff.."
Neville smiled "Said like a true witch." He giggled. "Lets leave the rest of the school talk until the end of the holidays, for now lets just get you settled into this world."
"Will I be learning magic before I go to school, I know nothing and I don't want to look like an idiot."
"Me and a few old friends are going to teach you basic spells and potions, help you get ready for your 6th year, but you'll have to sit your O.W.Ls before school starts otherwise we won't know what classes you can be in when you go to Hogwarts."
"Are O.W.Ls exams?" I moaned, knowing the answer. Neville nodded.
"Lets just get you settled in before we start okay?"
I laid back on the bed and sighed. "These O.W.Ls better not make me do math - I suck at math."
Neville got up off the bed and unpacked our things as I laid there thinking more and more about Hogwarts and if this is the place where I really belonged.
♠ ♠ ♠
5th chapter - i'll be going away for a few days so I updated sooner rather than later, I won't be updating now for a few days (sorry, it can't be helped) I'll be back in the weekend, and start on writing the next chapter, it hopefuly should be up within a week or so :)
This is for all of my readers & Subscribers - thanks for reading and please feel free to comment with constructive criticism, I want to make this better for you all :) <3