Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

Voldemort Was A Fool.

A few dull days had passed since I had been taken to the Leaky Cauldron, me and Neville seemed to spend most of the day in our room, only leaving to eat. As these days passed, Neville didn't say much about himself and although I casually asked questions about his past or childhood, he never said much. The mystery behind this man made me less and less curious about my past, and more and more curious about his. I was starting to think I would never be able to use my wand and almost forgot that I was in a foreign world when one morning Neville woke me and told me to get ready. I lazily went to the bathroom to get washed and when I returned Neville had gone, I got dressed into some ripped jeans, vest top and checkered shirt my usual attire back 'home'. I had just finished putting my boots on when Neville looked me up and down.
"Could you look anymore muggle?" A smirk was on his face and his eyes seemed to glisten with playfulness, something I hadn't seen in them before. I looked down at what I was wearing and by the time I looked back up to Neville a woman, about the same age as Neville was closing the door behind herself. I was blown away by this young womans ability to make me stand up straight simply by looking at me. I looked at Neville and straightened myself before taking a step towards them both. The woman wore her hair just past her shoulders, about the same length of my own, only a few shades lighter. Her hair waved and curled naturally complimenting her face, and the wand that was in her hand, that had a pattern twisting around it. As I was staring at her - quite rudely I must add - Neville cleared his throat. Drawing both our attention to him.
"This, Araina, is Hermione." Neville looked at Hermione and then back at me, smiling. I smiled at her out of politeness, but didn't say anything, a usual shyness came over me.
Hermione then stepped forward, looking me in the eye, she wasn't much taller than me, yet seemed far more superior - even more superior than Neville, who was a good few inches taller than the both of us.
"Araina, I'm here to teach you some spells, and such - get you ready for Hogwarts." Hermione smiled sincerely and again I nodded, then looked to Neville and found comfort and confidence when I looked into his eyes.
"Thankyou for coming, but I've never really been a model student." I smiled at her and she smiled back. And then we started.

"You're flourishing your wand too much, try this - Expelliamus!" Hermione flicked her wand sending mine flying across the room, I was about the retrieve it when Hermione stopped me. Indicated for me to watch, and then said "Accio wand" My wand went flying into her hand and she smiled before handing it to me as I stood there shocked by the ability Hermione had, and the idea that one day, I could be like that.
"Expelliamus!" I attempted to dis-arm Hermione in the way she had me, only to fail again. I sighed with disappointment. Neville stood up noticing my bad mood. "Araina, it took me years to do that spell correctly, but I did it. You can do it, you're a great witch, you just need to trust yourself." I looked into his eyes and believed every word he said like a child would believe every bedtime story told to them by their parents. I turned to face Hermione.
"Expelliamus!" A wand went flying across the room, and it wasn't mine. I grinned and giggled, feeling a strange power surge through me as I knew this all wasn't a dream, a mistake, I no longer questioned if they had got the wrong girl. I was a witch.
After an hour or so of a few 'simple' spells - all of which after a few disastrous tries mastered, we ended with todays 'lessons' to go to dinner.

We all left the room and started down the stairs and into the leaky cauldrons dining area and bar. We sat down and as Neville went to get us drinks, Hermione leaned closer to me, in a way a friend would.
"You're an exceptional witch y'know, I don't know many people who would have mastered all of those spells after one day - then again, you're not many people."
"I guess, it's in my blood." I looked at the table thinking back to the family of villains I never knew, and most certainly, didn't want to follow in their footsteps.
"I know I don't fully understand, what you're going through, but for what it's worth, you're not them, you never will be, and although Voldemorts blood is in your veins, you're not him either. You are you, and only you can decide what path to take - the path of light, or the path of dark." Hermione held my hand as comfort and although I was quite thrown back by all the support and kindness the people here seemed to have for an orphan girl who they've not even known a week, I was grateful for it. Neville returned with our butterbeers and sat across from both me and Hermione, who was now enjoying her drink.
"What are the plans for tomorrow, will you be returning to teach me more spells or.." I asked hoping the answer would be yes. Hermione stopped drinking and wiped her mouth before answering, showing there was no lady-like way to remove the foam from your mouth.
"Well, I will be bringing you some of my old school books for you to read, and then I think we'll start on some non-defensive spells." Hermione looked at Neville who nodded in agreement.
I won't lie, I didn't look forward to books, I thought a school of magic may be more exciting, and hands on - I wasn't aware it would be like regular school, only a different curriculum. At that moment I thought of what careers were available in the wizard world, but as our food arrived, I decided it was a question best left for later.
We ate our food in a hurry, in fear it would eat us first and then sat at the table, getting more and more drinks, filling the night with small talk, none of which I was included in.

Me and Neville returned to our room and Hermione went home after giving me a book that read "Standard book of spells." I was looking at the back when I walked into the door of our room, displaying my ability to be clumsy. Neville smiled and opened the door, although I was quite embarrassed I have to admit, I liked it when Neville smiled at me.
Meanwhile, although I was unaware of it at the time, a wizard was attempting to destroy everything that I new held dear, friends, normality, happiness.

***
"She's here, she was moved a few weeks ago, by that fool Neville Longbottom." a group of people sat around a table, most of them looking pale and gaunt, with hollowed cheeks and dark sunken eyes, it was as if a Dementor had paid them a visit. The man at the top of the table spoke again, even thought he appeared younger than most of the people here, he seemed to be the leader.
"We will wait until she is at Hogwarts, and then try to collect her, school starts in a few weeks - for the time being, we will simply watch."
"B-But Sir, wouldn't it be easier to get her from the Leaky Cauldron?" A man with tanned skin spoke quite timidly offering a new idea, which was quickly declined.
"I don't want to kidnap her! I, want her to come to us." A small smile formed on the mans pale face. "Voldemort made a mistake, he was too open about his plans and motives, let's learn from him even in death."
He leaned back and sighed, letting light hit him revealing an evil yet handsome looking face; warm hazel eyes, a contrast to his cold skin and dark hair, which he wore quite long and choppy. No wonder half of the people on this table were middle aged women.
He sighed at the incompetence of the people surrounding him. "Voldemort was powerful, but a fool. His motives were misplaced and his grudge against Potter stopped him from gaining any real power in our world. Our motives are not to a kill a silly Half-Blood. Our motives are to recruit a powerful Pure-Blood."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy, I was away for a short while visiting Cambridge University. I'm getting excited, something dramatic this way comes! ^.^
Comment :D