Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

Pepperup Potion

"That is a beautiful name, for a beautiful lady - I'm Keeran." He shook my hand gently and I couldn't stop looking into his eyes. He was undeniably attractive, yet not conventionally beautiful, he had a different type of beauty. He wasn't tanned, didn't have obnoxiously large muscles, he was like nobody i'd ever seen before. He wasn't a 'jock', he wasn't a 'nerd'. He was just... hot.
"Keeran, I'm sorry I bumped into you. As you could tell, I wasn't looking where I was walking." I felt like an absolute idiot but I had no idea what else to say, and I had to say something otherwise it'd be more awkward than walking in on your Herbology teacher getting out of the shower - and I know how awkward that is!
"It's fine, honestly." His good looks didn't seem so overwhelming now, I'd managed to drink it all in, and now I seemed to notice more... although he was smiling at me, his eyes seemed menacing, and although his words were friendly his voice was cold and monotone. The eery mystery that surrounded Keeran seemed to make me want to know more, what was lurking behind those hazel eyes? Absorbed in thought, I stood there, stationary.
"I'm Neville." Neville stepped forward and shook Keerans hand, breaking my thought, thankfully.
"We, best get going now, it was nice to meet you." I smiled politely and finally broke the stare, turning to Neville.
"Nice to meet you too." Keeran didn't move, but as me and Neville walked further away, I stopped looking back.
"You like him?" After a moment or so of silence, Neville asked.
"No... I mean, I don't know. H-he's good looking but... that's it. I don't know him." I thought to myself over and over 'well if you don't know him, why did he make such an impact!' Guys, never, ever make this impact on me, and that's always been fine, all the people I knew were all so immature and ordinary, and I guess now being in this extra-ordinary world, everybody seems to special...

"Are those the type of guys you go for then?" I didn't really get why Neville was asking but I still felt like I needed to explain myself to him, even though it was really none of his business.
"I don't really have a type, if you're a good guy and it feels right, then it works - if not, it doesn't." I sighed and looked at Neville who was nodding in agreement.
"So, Araina. As I was saying before we bumped into the love of your life, where are we going?"
"And as I said, Neville - Anywhere! We're constantly stuck in our room with books and learning and nothing else! I think i've done enough studying today, we're entitled to a few hours off." I continued walking forward until I reached Gringotts bank.
"Hey, Neville... it is possible for me to open an account here?" I turned to Neville.
"You already have an 'account', a family vault I mean."
"What's inside it?"
"I'm not sure... I've not exactly been inside it."
"Can we go in?"
"We haven't got the key, i'm not entirely sure what happened to it after your parents were sent to Azkaban."
"Why don't we just go in and ask?"
Neville shook his head and laughed under his breath.
"You're such a muggle, Araina. You really are sweet."
"Well funnily enough Neville, I've grown up believing I was one..." We both continues to walk until we found an old wooden bench a bit off the the street, we both sat and began to people watch.
"So how many weeks till I go off to Hogwarts?" I watched a girl, who looked a little younger than me wonder out of Florish and Botts bookstore with her parents carrying various books.
"We, will be going in about a week after you do your O.W.Ls." Neville waved to the girls parents, I assumed he knew them.
"We? And when exactly will I be doing my O.W.Ls?" I turned to Neville], confused.
"I teach Herbology at Hogwarts, and you'll be doing them sometime next week, Hermione is organising it all."
"Oh, of course you do. What happens if I fail them?" I've never failed any exam in my life, and with only 4 weeks of knowledge of the entire wizard world in my brain I felt that this was going to be my first. My hands were on my lap and I was nervously picking at my nails - one of my many bad habits. Neville took my hands in his and looked me in the eyes.
"Look. You're a great witch, stop worrying! You'll be fine, and you're smarter than half the students I teach and they've been practicing magic for years."
"Thanks Neville, but I still can't help but feel nervous."
"Well in that case, I have two words for you, Felix Felicis."
"Huh?" I turned to Neville who just winked, and said nothing else on the matter. It was beginning to get dark and people watching was no longer an option since where was a lack of people. The shops began to close and the whole atmosphere of Diagon Alley changed from a warm, friendly place to a cold, unwelcoming street. The cold atmosphere was heightened by the cold evening air that turned myself and Nevilles breath into clouds when it left our noses.
"Neville... What is Hogwarts like?"
"Indescribable, really. I mean, even when I was a student there, it was more than just a school. It was home."
"Home? I've never had one of those before."

Neville wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into him, I rested my head on his shoulders and for the first time the world around me and everything that happened to me these last two months just seemed normal, it just felt so natural. We sat, in a comfortable silence, for I don't know how long. It was dark, the street and shops abandoned, just me and Neville. Me, with my head on Neville's shoulder, Neville resting his head on mine. It was picturesque. I wouldn't have minded living in this moment forever. All thoughts of Howarts, my O.W.Ls, everything drifted as Neville began twiddling bits of my hair in his fingers.
"Neville, i'm really glad you came and found me."
"I'm glad I found you too."
"Neville, I'm being serious! You probably don't realise but you've changed me so much and I'm forever in your debt for giving me my identity and I just want you to know how thankful I am" I moved my head and looked Neville in the eyes. A smile formed in his eyes as I continued.
"I know you probably don't like having me around and I know more often than not i'm an idiot but I promise I'll stop being such a muggle and Neville, I really am thankful for everything you've done for me. You're the only person who has ever cared about me, or seemed to care about me. I know you probably don't, but it's nice to think you mi-"
Neville put his hand over my mouth.
"Stop. Talking." Neville took his hand away, my eyes were wide and I simply nodded.
"You're ruining the moment." Neville put his arm back around me and I placed my head back into it's previous position, settling back into the perfect moment.
"And I do care about you, very much." Neville started to play with my hair again, and this was the scene for a good hour of so.

***
It was the morning, and with mine and Neville's last night escapades in nothing but t-shirts - and for Neville, a cardigan - we both awoke with the most dreadful colds.
"Morning." The smell of hot chocolate surrounded me as I was handed a large mug of the stuff by Neville.
"Breakfast in bed? Kind of." I smiled and took a sip of the creamy liquid. "This is lovely Neville, thankyou."
"No problem." Neville sat on the corner of my bed as I sat between the covers with my hair resembling a birds nest. I yawned and dragged to covers up to my chin.
"Sleep well Neville?" I put the mug on the bedside table next to my potions book.
"Yea thanks, you?" I nodded and was about to yawn again when I sneezed quite unexpectedly.
"Bless you." Neville giggled and passed me a tissue as I groaned at the fact I felt horrible, and probably looked even worse.
"Thanks. Well aren't I attractive." I said sarcastically, pulling the bed covers over my head.
"It's not so bad, here take this." Neville held a small flask in his hand. I lifted my head out of the covers.
"What is it?" I took it and drank it.
"Pepperup Potion." Neville grinned as steam began to come out of my ears.
"Great, could have warned me! How long does this last?" The steam continued to pour out of my ears but I undeniably felt much better.
"A few hours, but don't worry - get a bath, get ready, it'll have stopped by the time Hermione gets here."
I scrambled out of bed and did as I was told, and like he said, It had stopped before Hermione got here, and even though I loved Hermiones company and preferred her lessons to Nevilles, I secretly didn't want her to turn up. What I did want, was last night to happen all over again. I was falling for the bumbly, gawky, caring man Neville was, and I was falling fast. But alas, Hermione turned up, as prompt and punctual as ever.

"Potions again? That's all you ever want to do." Hermione huffed as I requested we do more potions.
"Well, I enjoy it. But if it's that important I wouldn't mind doing Astronomy..." I peered down at the books she had prepared.
"Good, because that is what we are doing - no questions."
"Brilliant." I took the book she handed me and we began, and ended with me getting homework! Since I was lacking a telescope, I had to do the boring stuff - write an essay on Jupiter's moons. When Hermione finally left Neville seemed to re-appear.
"Enjoy yourself? While I had to sit here and list star names for 5 hours!" I got up off the floor and cleared away the books and bits of parchment I'd been using.
Neville laughed at me and helped me clear away the mess myself and Hermione had made, putting them into piles and shoving them underneath my bed where the rest of my work went.
"Let's go grab a bite to eat, and this time bring a coat." Neville stood up and my heart fluttered as he smiled at me with his warm eyes. We both stood up and I grabbed my coat. We ate at the Leaky Cauldron but then, as the night before, soon left.

The same bench, the same cold air, the same person, a different night. The comfortable silence of the night before was not repeated. We talked, a little too much. Neville telling me about the previous wizard war and how him and his friends had battled at Hogwarts, killing Lord Voldemort. I was in awe at all of his marvelous stories and it just made me fall for him more, he was so brave, so strong willed, so... Neville. He should have won medals for his bravery, pulling a sword from a hat, beheading a snake, all before he'd finished high school.
"You're just too great Neville. I can't believe all the amazing things you've done, it seems like the type of stories you simply read about, and there you are - living them!" I couldn't hide the excitement in my voice or my expression; I was practically jumping on Neville's lap while explaining how amazing I found him.
"I'm flattered, Araina. Harry, Ron and Hermione were the ones who seemed to receive most of the glory - not that i'm jealous or bitter. The limelight was never where I felt I would fit."
"You and me both Neville." I finally calmed down and my heart rate returned to about 70bpm. Another night was spent people watching and huddling for warmth and I'd be lying if I didn't say I could get used to this. Everything between me and Neville seemed to be so natural and calm, we just fit. I didn't believe in my ability, and he always made me feel better, he didn't believe in his ability and so I always made him feel better. Things in my life just seemed to work at the moment and although I was excited about attending Hogwarts, I was dreading the day I had to leave Nevilles side and go it alone, and I had a feeling that he was dreading it too.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is considerably longer than the last, and I hope you all enjoy it.
I've not been getting many more readers or comments with the last few chapters and so was debating if I should update this story anymore. So please if you're enjoying, and even if you're not - SPEAK UP!