Insecure

0002.

“Oh, honey, you look beautiful!” Suzy gushed along with Val and Zacky’s mother, Maria.

Dustyn stared into the three way mirror, a very tight strained smiled stretched across her lips. All three of the women had said the same exact thing about every dress she had tried on so far, but Dustyn couldn’t help but always find a little something about the dress that made it all wrong for herself and what she wanted. Some were too bulky, some were too extravagant, and some were even too beaded. None of them seemed to look right on her. She had been going back and forth to dressing room to try on a new dress for a good two hours, and still nothing. It was safe to say she definitely hadn’t found her dress yet.

In all honesty, she wasn’t sure what kind of dress she wanted, but she did know that she wanted a very simple yet elegant dress. One that would make Zacky’s jaw drop and make him feel like the luckiest man to be marrying her when she walked down that isle in six weeks. Only problem was, the entire supply of simple yet elegant dresses looked horrible on her, or so that was her opinion.

“I don’t know,” She sighed, “It doesn’t fit right.”

Val laughed and stepped towards Dustyn and tugged at the bottom of the dress. “That’s why you get it altered.”

“Yeah you’re right,” Dustyn murmured.

“Why don’t you go try on that strapless dress you liked earlier?” Val suggested.

“That one was beautiful!” Maria chirped from behind the two girls.

Dustyn smiled softly and nodded, “I don’t see what it could hurt.”

Val scooped up the back of the dress and helped Dustyn to the dressing rooms. The two of them struggled for a minute to get it off, but soon enough Dustyn was stepping into a beautiful strapless dress she had picked out. She wasn’t sure what it was going to look like on her, and she was almost positive that it wasn’t going to even fit.

“This dress looks lovely on you,” Val murmured.

Much to Dustyn’s surprise, Val zipped up the dress without any problems and it seemed to fit perfectly around her body. From the strapless part down to the top of her thigh the dress fit tight, showing her curves, and then the material puffed out from there on until it reached the floor. There were also small patches of embroidered designs and beads in a few different areas, but it wasn’t too much or over the top. It seemed perfect to Dustyn, but she still wanted her mother’s and Maria’s approval of the dress.

“Come on out, girls. We want to see what the dress looks like already!” Suzy called out from the other side of the door.

Dustyn laughed and nodded at Val to open the door. The two women exited the small dressing room and Val stepped aside for Suzy and Maria to get a good look at the dress. Suzy fought back happy tears as she eyed the dress from top to bottom, while a look of awe stretched across Maria’s face.

“So?” Dustyn murmured, “Do you like it?”

“It’s perfect, sweetheart, absolutely perfect,” Suzy said.

“It definitely is,” Maria agreed, smiling. “You have to get it, Dustyn.”

Dustyn grinned and looked beside her into the three the way mirror. Her stepmother and Maria were right; the dress was more than perfect. She knew that not only did it look beautiful on her, but also Zacky’s jaw would most definitely drop when he saw her walk down the isle in that dress. She knew she had to get it because there was no way she was going to find another dress that compared to this one.

“Okay, I’ll take it,” Dustyn said to the sales lady who was standing near them patiently waiting to hear if they were going to buy a dress or not.

The lady grinned widely, “Bring it up to the register when you get changed, and I’ll ring it up right away.”

Dustyn thanked the woman before turning back to Val, Suzy, and Maria who were wearing bright smiles, clearly excited that she had finally found a dress. It was no secret that Dustyn was excited as well. This was just another thing she could cross off the list of stuff that needed to be done for not only the wedding but in general. Now all she had to worry about was Christmas dinner that was happening in four days.

-x-

“Babe, I’m home!” Dustyn called out as she closed the front door behind her with her foot while she shuffled through the stack of envelops in her hands that she had just gotten out of the mailbox.

The house was quiet and at first, Dustyn was almost positive that Zacky was three houses down at Matt and Val’s place, not that it really bothered her. She didn’t mind when Zacky spent time the guys. She knew the five of them were as close as could be, and would probably spend all their time together if Dustyn and the other girls would let them.

Walking through foyer and towards the kitchen, Dustyn stopped outside the basement door as her ears perked up at the sound of a guitar strumming. Deciding not to bother Zacky and to let him be, she continued her way into the half-finished kitchen. Sighing softly, she tossed the mail down onto the counter and then set her purse down beside it.

Dustyn’s eyes traveled around the kitchen and she frowned at the sight. Her and Zacky were currently living in an incomplete home that the two of them had bought together recently. Everything was finished being remodeled and decorated except for the kitchen, the third guest bedroom, and the master bath. Dustyn was quite irritated with the fact that she and Zacky were living in an unfinished home, but there was nothing that could be done except wait out the next few weeks to come when everything would eventually be finished.

Although Dustyn seemed irritated at the time, it was most definitely worth waiting for. The house looked incredible so far with dark hardwood floors, freshly painted walls, and brand new furniture that the two of them had picked out together. It was a two story brick home right on the beach with five bedrooms, three baths, a two-car garage, and a basement where Zacky could play his guitar at and work. It was a place like no other that seemed pretty perfect for Dustyn and Zacky. They intended to live there for as long as possible and raise a family there as well.

“Hey, baby.”

Dustyn turned around at the sound of Zacky’s voice and smiled at him as he made his way over to her. “Hey, Zee.”

He pressed his lips to hers for a moment before asking, “How did it go today?”

“Amazing,” She told him.

He chuckled, “So I take it you found a dress.”

“I have,” She nodded, “And it’s gorgeous, Zacky.”

“Good,” He grinned, glad to hear her say that. “I’m sure it looks amazing on you.”

“It does,” She agreed with him, “Now all we have to do is get through the holidays and finish up the house, and we are good to go until a week before our wedding date.”

He breathed out and nodded, “I can’t wait.”

She quirked one eyebrow at him, “You sure?” She asked, teasing him of course. “Because we don’t have to get mar-“

“Shut up,” He laughed and pressed his finger to her lips, silencing her. “If I didn’t want to marry you then I wouldn’t have purposed to you or bought a very, very expensive house with you.”

Dustyn licked over her bottom lip and laughed, “I know, Zee. I’m just messing with you.”

He nodded, figuring she was. “Of course you are.”

“What can I say?” She laced their fingers together and stared into his green eyes. “You’re just fun to mess with.”

Zacky didn’t say anything to her, but instead smiled and brushed his lips across her cheek softly. The two of them then bounced around the idea of staying in the rest of the night and watching some movies together, before finally deciding that they were going order in some Chinese food and watch a few of their favorite scary movies. The two of them liked the idea of cuddling up on the couch and get a bit scared from a movie. It was their strange idea of fun.