The Bruised Angel

17

I stared at Cassie’s parents being put under arrest. Then her body was brought down on a stretcher by the EMT’s. That was what caused me to snap.

“You monsters!” I screeched running over to the Travis’. They didn’t even deserve to be called her parents anymore. “What the hell did Cassie ever do to you?”

“She was never considerate of us.” Mrs. Travis said.

“That’s bull! She tried to make you happy and you treated her like she was nothing! You’re foul beings that don’t even deserve to be called humans!” I was crying now but still screaming my head off. Everyone was staring but I didn’t care. This was for my best friend. These two things took her off this Earth.

“Miss, please step away,” an officer said trying to lead me away.

“No! They took her away from me! They killed her! She was forced to give up her life and future while these two pieces of scum get to live no matter where it is! It’s not right!”

“Oh please. Give it a few days and you’ll get over it.” Mrs. Travis said looking bored with the whole thing.

“I will never forget her! She was my sister! You took her away,” I sobbed falling onto the ground. It started raining and the Travis’ were taken away.

The police officer from before came over and knelt down beside me. She didn’t look very old maybe around thirty-five.

“Sweetie, I think you should get home.”

“I can’t leave Cassie.”

“She’s gone, there’s nothing you can do.”

“I could’ve stopped this. She could still be here.”

“It’s better that she’s out of this misery. Come on, I’ll take you home.”

She gave me a ride home and then gave me her number telling me to call her if I ever need someone to talk to. Inside Tam was waiting for me, sitting on the couch crying.

“Tam,” I whispered before throwing myself into her arms and crying.

“I know Aly, I know.” She held me and stroked my hair.

The next few days were pure hell. I cried constantly and saw the news online or on the TV. Friday I went to school for the assembly for Cassie. Everyone stared and whispered. I gave a short speech before starting to cry.

At the funeral I sat in the front row where her parents should have been. They were in jail, their court hearing was Wednesday. I gave another speech and was able to get mostly through it without crying.

Then came the hearing. After everything was done they were sentenced to life in prison for abusing Cassie, leaving her to die, and leading her to commit suicide. The bastards even admitted to beating her until she was near death then leaving a knife within reaching distance of her. Then they said they told her to go ahead and use it, best use for it ever.

I almost lost it but Tam held me back. At least they were being put away forever that was the only thought keeping me remotely sane.

But life would never be the same. I had lost my best friend and sister because the two people that were supposed to always be there and care for her beat her and made her commit suicide. I hadn’t been able to help her and that would always haunt me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was the last chapter. I'll have a new story out maybe this weekend, I wanna write a little more of it before I post it. I hope you liked this one. Ciao!