Status: Short story :)

Don't Stop Now.

Love is patient.

John O'Callaghan could do anything he wanted to me and I would still love him. Of course my love was unrequited, John would probably never be properly tied down, but I thought maybe if I tried I could hard enough. Unfortunately I was only known as Kennedy's little sister or Little Brock I would never be seen as a girl they could date. My name is Cody Nicole Brock and I am irrevocably in love with John O'Callaghan who would never love me back.

"Cody are you ready to go?" Kennedy asked through the other side of my door.

"Yeah I'm ready, Ken." I said before grabbing my duffel bag off of the floor before I walked out of my room.

John gave me a grin as I walked out before coming up and giving me a hug.

"You look really pretty, Codes." He said with a smile and I gave him a small smile back.

One thing that hurt me was the fact that John was so nice to me, the kid loved me to death, but this remark would always be a friendly gesture. It made me want to be his so much more.

I walked behind John and my brother as we made our way to the van. Kennedy and I sat in the seat that was directly behind the driver and passenger seat while John drove to pick up the rest of the guys.

"Man I cannot wait for this years trip to the lake! Every year the girls out there are so hot man!" John exclaimed in excitement.

Stab.

My brother chuckled nervously and said he only had eyes for his girl.

"Kennedy, I swear you're one of a kind." I said smiling at my brother.

My brother has dated Lacey, his girlfriend, for four years now and last year she went to college at USC. They have kept their promise to each other even though they can only see each other during breaks and when we take trips to Southern California, like right now.

"Yes, He truly is a great man. All of the other boys in the world are scum, stay away from them." John said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Uh no. Right now is the perfect time for me to go guy hunting." I said with a laugh causing John to glare.

The only guy I'll be watching is you...

"I'll kick his ass." He said gripping the steering wheel tighter.

The rest of the ride was silent. When we picked up all of the boys the silence was quickly replaced with mindless chatter and music from the radio. Not too long into the trip we stopped at a gas station to grab some snacks leaving Garrett and I alone in the van.

"Young Brock, Come hither." Garrett said and I climbed the seats until I was in the very back with him.

"What's up butter cup?"

"What did you say to JohnO?" He asked with his brow risen.

"Why does it have to be me that is what's wrong with him?" I said with a confused expression.

Garrett gave me a face that said You know why.

"Fine, I said that I was going to go guy hunting."

"Young B-"

"Garrett, I can't wait for him to pick me anymore. It's not fair." I sad running my hand through my tangled hair.

"Cody, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is this love between you and John. Added to the fact he is very oblivious and incompetent. You are going to have to make him love you and it's going to be rough, but if you really love him it'll be worth it."

Garrett climbed out of the van going to the drivers seat, stealing John's seat, before all of the boys climbed into the van. John, just my luck, sat right beside me in the back and immediately I placed my ear buds in my ear. I leaned my head on the window and watched the scenery blur pass me as we left Arizona.

Rome wasn't built in a day...

John's p.o.v.

She's totally pissed off at me, but why?

I stared at the beautiful girl beside me that was blatantly ignoring me. I ran a hand through my hair and leaned my head against the back of the seat completely frustrated with myself.

"What's up with you bro?" Jared asked with a concerned expression.

"I don't know what's happening to me man. I get so jealous over the stupidest of things when it comes to this girl, and whenever I'm around her I feel like I don't deserve to be with her, but I can't stay away." I explained and he grinned at me.

"Don't grin like that! I'm fucking brain dead with this shit." I said frustrated.

"Dude isn't it obvious? You're in love, JohnO!" He said with a laugh and I froze.

No, no ,no! I can't! I won't!

Cody's p.o.v.

He's in love with someone...

I bit my lip to keep the tears in my eyes. I can't believe that my John is in love with another girl. The thing that makes me even angrier is the fact that even though I know he's never going to be mine I was still still in love with him.

"Guys we're here!" Garrett yelled loudly with a voice full of excitement.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched as the guys up front climbed out. My brother held my hand as I climbed out of the van with John in behind me.

"I'll unload the truck while you guys go have fun." I offered and being the gentlemen they are they all ran off towards the beach tossing their shirts onto the floor as they ran to the lake in the back.

"Hey, I'll uh help you out here." i shuddered at the sound of his raspy voice.

He was slowly killing me.

"You don't have to, you can go have fun with the rest of the guys." I said not even daring to look up at those beautiful, green eyes.

"I want to."

I pulled Kennedy and I's bag out of the trunk before making my way to our rooms. John trailed behind me holding three bags with ease. I plopped our bags in the hallway near the rooms.

"I uh don't know who's rooming with who so I guess we can sit the bags here." I said awkwardly as I starred down at my feet.

"Codes, I have something to tell you." My heart rate sped up.

John tells me everything so of course he would want me to know about this girl. Well I guess If he's happy I'm happy.

"I think that maybe-"

"I know you're in love with some girl and I'm happy for you!" I blurted out causing him to blush.

I've never seen the boy blush once in my life, he's always been cocky and straight forward.

"Would it make you happy if you knew that girl is you."

My heart was beating erratically against my chest, so hard I thought it would break through my rib cage. My breathing became fast paced as he leaned down and slowly he placed his lips on mine in short, sweet kiss.

"I love you." He said with a smile and I smiled back.

"Rome wasn't built in a day," I replied and he gave me a confused stare.

"this love wasn't either." I added and a soft laugh left his lips.

I never did go guy hunting and John made sure of that. Sometimes he pestered the shit out of me, but waiting so long for my love to be returned taught me that love is patient.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cody
Word Count=1288
I think I over did it a bit haha sorry :\
I hope this made you happy! Join her contest too! Only a few spots left so hurry!

Love,
Gabriella :)