Status: complete

Can't Sleep Tonight

Chapter 14

McKenzie's POV

Todd. Shit. He was sitting like fifteen feet away. And to make it worse, he saw me. He stared at me in surprise while taking a sip of his drink. I wondered why he was staring at me so wierdly and then I remembered. Cameron was with me.

"Shit," I said, taking his hand and walking to the doors.

"What is it? Why are we leaving?" he asked as I dragged him.

"No time to explain, let's just get out of here please."

When we got to the car and drove away, Cameron looked at me as I drove. I kept my eyes on the road, but i could see him in the corner of my eye.

"Kenz, what happened?" he asked. I felt tears coming on when I heard those words. I couldn't hold them in. One fell down my cheek.

"Todd happened," I said. He looked confused. "He was sitting at a table in the food court. And to make it worse, he saw me. I wouldn't be surprised if he was following us right now." Cameron took my right hand and I drove with my left.

"Kenz, don't worry. I'll protect you. Let's just go back to the hotel. The first place he'd look for you is your house," he explained. I nodded and turned at the intersection towards the hotel. Then I'd just remembered that we didn't stay there last night so the guys and my friends were probably wondering where we were. God, I was so nervous. I had so much to worry about right then. First, my best friends and the guys didn't know where I was. Second, my crazy ex-boyfriend was probably after me. And third, Cameron was trying to protect me. What if I put him in danger? If he got hurt because of me, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. When we got to the hotel, we expained everything to the guys and they decided to leave for the next tour date early. We were leaving in two days instead of four.

We stayed at the hotel for the rest of the day, avoiding the possibility of seeing Todd again. I was so terrified. I couldn't stop thinking about what could happen if he found me.

The next day, I was bored with staying in the hotel room. I thought what the hell. I don't have to leave the hotel but I can at least leave the room. I went down to the lobby to get some candy. I was waiting in line and I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was. My eyes widened.

"Hi, McKenzie," Todd said in a voice as if to say, 'ha ha, I found you.'

"Goodbye, Todd," I said, walking away. He grabbed my arm.

"Wait."

"What?"

"I want you back," he said. I froze. The exact words I was afraid I'd hear from his mouth.

"It's too late. I have a boyfriend."

"What?"

"You heard me." Cameron walked up as I said those words. I could tell he knew who Todd was by the look on his face.

"Is this him?" Todd asked, referring to Cameron. I nodded nervously. Todd's face turned to anger. "Look, dude. I loved her first. So back off." Those words struck deja vu in my head. The dream. Cameron looked furious now. I think he remembered the same thing I did.

"No, Todd. You need to realize that you hurt her. She doesn't want you anymore. She loves me," he said. Todd walked closer to him, until their faces were almost touching.

"What?" Todd growled.

"You heard me," Cam said, exactly as I did. Todd grabbed Cam's arm and flipped him. "Ow!" he said, hitting the ground. "Somebody knows Karate." He got up and grabbed the back of Todd's neck and smashed his head into the wall. That's when the person at the front desk started panicking.

After security split them up, Todd was kicked out and Cameron went to the hospital with a broken nose, rib, and a sprained wrist and ankle. He also had a few cuts on his face from being smashed around. I followed and visited him in his room.

"Cameron, I'm so sorry," I said, a tear running down my face.

"it's okay, Kenz. It wasn't your fault."

"No, it's not okay!" I said, straight out crying now. "You're in the hospital because of me!"

"It's not your fault," he repeated.

"Yes it is! I'm the one who dated him! I'm the one who let him see me! I'm the one who wasn't careful about the possibility of him following us! I'm the one who decided to leave the room when I obviously shouldn't have! It's entirely my fault!"

"Kenz, I won't let you blame yourself for this."

"Well, I am!" I began sobbing with my face in my hands.

"Hey, now. Come here," he said calmly. I walked over to the bed. He sat up, wincing a little from the broken rib. "Look at me. I'm fine. A little banged up, but I'll be fine.

"Well you wouldn't be this way if it wasn't for me."

"Stop that. I was the one who kept fighting when I should've just walked away." I looked at him, tears still streaming down my face. "Now give me a hug."

"But, your rib-"

"I don't care. Give me a hug," he said, reaching out his arms with a smile. I hugged him gently. I didn't want to hurt him any more than I already did.

Cameron got out of the hospital two days later. I didn't care what he said, I still blamed myself for his injuries. We went back to the hotel room. The guys all went shopping with the girls. I didn't want to go so I just sat on the bed and watched tv. I began thinking about the fact that we were leaving for the rest of the tour tomorrow. I thought about what Todd did to Cameron. If they would've fought for two more minutes, Cam could've been killed. I couldn't put him, or even the rest of the guys in danger by going on tour. I mean, what if Todd followed me? He did it once, he can do it again. It killed me, but I decided I was staying home. I began packing up my suitcase. Cameron came back shortly after that.

"Hey, babe. Packing up for tour?"

"No, actually, I'm staying home." He choked on the corndog he was eating.

"What?! Why?!"

"It kills me to know that I put you in danger. I can't let that happen again. You could've been killed."

"Don't be rediculous. Kenz, I told you. It wasn't your fault."

"Well, I believe that it was. I'm sorry. I'm not going." He looked destroyed by those words. That did make me feel bad, but it was better than Cam getting hurt physically.

After the guys got back, we told them the news. The girls were really upset, and insisted on staying back with me, but I wouldn't let them. Then all of the guys yould be depressed.

The next day, they all drove me home on the tour bus. When I was about to get off, Cameron stopped me.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked. I sighed.

"I'm sure." We stared at each other for a few seconds. I began to tear up. I didn't want to leave, but I had to, for the safety of the guys, my best friends, and most importantly, the love of my life. Cameron pulled me in and kissed me passionately. His arms were wrapped around me, and his lips pressed against mine. I didn't want to let go. When he pulled away, he could see me crying. I think he then understood how I felt.

I got off the bus and turned around. I saw the window open and Cameron's head pop out. His face expression killed me.

"I love you," he said as the bus started up.

"I love you, too."

"I'll call you everyday and I'll be back for you when tour is over."

"Okay," I said, sniffling. The bus drove off. I watched until it went around the corner and out of sight. I ran inside, crying my eyes out. I layed on the bed, my face in my pillow. I cried there for a few minutes. I heard the doorbell ring. i walked downstairs lasily, as I was obviously upset, and opened the door. My eyes widened and then I became confused. Cameron was on my doorstep.
♠ ♠ ♠
lemme know what yall think. i have a feeling you're gonna like chapter 15 (;