Status: complete

Can't Sleep Tonight

Chapter 15

Cameron's POV

"Cameron? What the hell? You just drove away on that bus!" I said, wiping my eyes.

"Yeah. Around the block. Babe, just listen to me for one second." I looked at him as if to say 'go on.' "I love you more than anything in the world. In fact you are my world. I can't leave my world behind, now can I? The world has air. I can't live without air. Do you see what I'm trying to say? I can't live without you, Kenz. Not for one second." I was stunned. he basically just told be I was everything to him. I couldn't resist.

"I can't live without you either, Cam."

"Then come with me." I thought for a second. At least, pretended to think.

"Okay," I said with a smile. His face turned from sadness to excitement. He hugged me, picking me up off the ground.

"Get your suitcase and let's go!" he said, laughing a little.

When we were on the bus, I sat next to Cameron. I had one thing to ask him.

"Why the hell did you fight like that for me?" He smiled, as if the answer was obvious.

"Because he didn't realize something very, very important." I looked at him, curious.

"What's that?" He put his arm around me.

"He had the most amazing thing in the entire world and he lost it, because he wasn't smart enough to realize how amazing this thing was." I started to smile. I think I knew what he was talking about. "You." I smiled wider at those words.

"Aaawwwhhh," I said, hugging him. "Cameron! I'm really that important to you?"

"That is a really stupid question. Of course you are!" he said with a smile.

Just then, everyone else walked in and saw me. They immediately smiled.

"Kenz!!!" Stephanie shouted, running over and hugging me.

"YES!! I KNEW IT WOULD WORK!!!" Nicole shouted. I laughed.

"What?"

"I knew if he came back for you five minutes later, you'd come back!" I laughed again.

"Well, I can't leave the love of my life. Not for one second."

"But you did," Miranda said.

"Yeah, but it destroyed me. I was laying on the bed crying my eyes out when Cam got there."

"Wait, love of your life?" Cameron asked. I smiled and looked into his green eyes. They were so damn distracting.

"Yes."

Cameron's POV

Woah, Woah. Hold up. Did she just say I was the love of her life? I think she did. That made me feel so much better. Why, you ask? Well, let's just say I have a ring hidden in my suitcase. For the right moment, of course. She was my world. Wait, check that. My universe. I was glad she felt the same way. It made me less nervous about the whole proposal thing. I would wait for her forever and I knew it, but I was hoping this 'right moment' would come very soon.

Since she came back, I figured I would do something for her to make her feel better about the whole Todd incident. I decided to take her to a Penn State Women's Volleyball game. I wasn't the biggest sports fan, but volleyball was her life. By things she told me about it, I knew she loved it. That's all that mattered to me right now.

"But you don't like sports," she replied when I asked her to go.

"I know you love volleyball. And I just want to make you happy."

"Cameron, I have you. I couldn't be any happier." I smiled.

"As nice as it is for you to say that, I insist that you go. It'll be fun." She hesitated.

"Uhh, I don't know. I don't want to bore you by making you watch something you don't like." Damn, she was stubborn.

"You're not making me. I want to. And besides, I'll be with you. That's fun enough for me." I could tell she was still thinking. "C'mon. It's PSU against USC. The two best teams in the country. There's no better volleyball game than that." She got a surprised look on that gorgeous face of hers.

"How did you know that if you're not a sports fan?"

"I did my research," I answered with a smile. She smiled back.

"Okay, I'll go. But only because you wasted that much time on me." I laughed a little.

"It wasn't time wasted. It was time well spent." She smiled and leaned her head on my shoulder. We sat there like that for a few minutes in silence.

"Cam?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For coming back for me. I shouldn't have left. It was stupid."

"No, Kenz. It wasn't stupid. It was smart. I should've seen that right away."

"Smart?"

"Yeah."

"How?" she asked, looking a bit confused.

"You felt like you were in danger and putting others in danger so you did what you thought was right."

"Oh," she said with a little smile. It faded after a couple seconds, though. I could tell she was still scared.

"Don't worry," I said. She looked up in surprise. I guess I could tell what she was thinking. "I'll keep you safe."

"But you tried that once and look what happened to you," she said, putting her fingers gently on my taped nose. I couldn't argue with that.

"We'll all keep you safe," I heard Nathan say. The rest of the guys and the girls walked into sight.

"Yeah," Nicole agreed. "We all care about you, Kenz."

"That's right, babygurl. We all love you, and we'll work together to protect you," Mikey added. Everyone else nodded. Kenz smiled a little and stood up.

"Thanks, guys," she said. "Group hug?" We all huddled together.

"See, this will protect us," Zach said. "Love and friendship."

"Yeah," we all said in agreement.

We stopped at a hotel in the next city. We checked in, the same set-up as last time, and went into our rooms. Kenz and I put down our suitcases and sat on the bed. I knew it was soon, but it felt like the right moment. We were alone, and together. When she went into the bathroom, I quickly dug through my suitcase to find the ring. I got it out and put it in my back pocket. Kenz came out of the bathroom and sat back down beside me, kising my cheek.

"Kay, so, what were we talking about?" she asked.

"Actually, I want to ask you something."

"Okay," she said with a smile. I stood up, got the case out of my back pocket,and got down on one knee. Her eyes widened and she put her hand over her mouth.

"McKenzie Leigh Ryan, I love you more than anything in the world, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

"Yes, yes, yes! A thousand times, yes!" she shouted, hugging me. I smiled widely at her reaction. I did it. I proposed. And now she was mine forever. She kissed me, and I kissed back, meaning it more than I ever did.

"I love you, Kenz."

"I love you, too, Cam."
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter 16 coming soon. i think yall will like it, but you still gotta tell me whatcha think (;