Status: complete

Can't Sleep Tonight

Chapter 17

McKenzie's POV

This must be pretty serious because the FBI got involved. A branch called the BAU, which stands for Behavioral Analysis Unit, was assigned to our 'case.' We were called in to meet with them when they arrived in Denver, which is where we were. The leader of the team, Aaron Hotchner, began asking us questions.

"What is your relation to this girl?" he asked Nathan.

"She's my girlfriend," he answered. Hotch then turned to me and the girls.

"What about you three?"

"She's our best friend, sir. Practically our sister," Miranda answered.

"That goes for us three boys as well," Zach added, referring to himself, Mikey, and Cam.

"Are her parents here?" Dr. Spenser Reid asked.

"No. Us four boys are in a band. We are on tour and these girls came with us," Nate explained.

"Where are you girls from?" Spenser continued.

"Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania," I said.

They continued asking us questions for a good ten minutes. We explained the phonecall to them and the fact that I knew what they would call the 'unsub.' I told them about how I'm supposed to meet him.

"Okay, then, that's how we'll catch him," Hotch said.

"What?" Cam asked.

"We hide at your meeting and grab him when he least expects it," Agent Derek Morgan explained.

"Sounds like a plan," Hotch said.

"No one will get hurt, right?" I asked.

"No one should. It depends on how he reacts and if he has a weapon."

"Oh, he has a weapon. He said he'd kill her if I don't break up with Cameron."

"Wow. Psycopath," Penelope Garcia mumbled.

"I know, right," I said.

"Call him and tell him to meet you at the top of Fawn Lane. That's up the mountain where we won't cause a scene," Hotch instructed me. I did so and before I knew it, Cam and I were driving up Fawn Lane. I was shaking horribly as I drove up the mountain.

"Kenz, it's going to be fine. We'll get her back."

"I know, I just...I'm worried someone will get hurt. Even Todd. He is a deuche bag but if he get's hurt, I would still feel bad."

"I know. Just be positive."

"Alright. Positive."

"Kay, so, faking it?"

"Uhhm, duh! I'm engaged to you, Cam. Why the fuck would this be real?" I said with a little laugh. He giggled a little as well.

"Speaking of which, you should probably hide your ring so he doesn't find out."

"Yeah, good thinking," I said, taking off the ring and handing it to him. He put it in the glove box.

When we got there, Todd was sitting in his car with Stephanie tied up in the back seat. I put my head down. I just couldn't stand to see her like that. She was screaming through the tape over her mouth. You could see the fear in her eyes. It was just disturbing. We got out of the car to meet Todd. We stood there staring at each other.

"Give us Stephanie first, or no deal," I said. He went to his car, opened the back door, and pulled her out. He took the tape off her mouth and untied her feet so she could walk. He kept her hands tied, the reason I don't know.

"She wouldn't shut the fuck up anyway. Now, pay up," he said, crossing his arms. I turned to Cameron. When i was about to say my 'lines,' the black SUV from the FBI drove up, screeching to a stop. Hotch and Morgan jumped out and ran at Todd.

"FREEZE!" Morgan yelled. Todd put his hands in the air and got down on his knees as the FBI instructed. They cuffed him and walked him to the car.

"You set me up!" he yelled to me.

"You never said I couldn't call the police," I said with a smile. He really was a dumbass. Dr. Reid untied Steph's hands and she ran over to us. I hugged her tightly, tears running down my face. "You're okay!" I said. She sobbed into my shoulder.

"I was so scared." She then moved to Cam. He hugged her, an expression of relief on his face.

"Nothing can stop you, Steph," he said. The BAU team walked up to us.

"Thank you," I said.

"It's our job," Morgan said, smiling a little.

When we got back to the hotel, things seemed more peaceful. Todd was in jail, and had no way of finding me again. We went up to the elevator, trying to picture everyone's reaction to Stephanie's return. We opened the door, Cam and I going first, and Stephanie waiting in the hall, out of view from the doorway.

"Did they get him?" Zach asked.

"Is my babygurl okay?" Michael added. He always had a way of making the serious things funny.

"I'm okay," Steph said, appearing into view and coming through the doorway.

"STEPH!" Nathan screamed, picking her up and spinning her around. "Oh thank God!" Everone else came and hugged her as well. Today was a great day. All of us are together again, and our worst problem has been solved. Now just one more news flash.

"Hey, guys. Look at this," I said, holding out my left hand.

"Oh my God!" Steph shouted.

"Cameron! Dude, congrats!" Mikey continued.

I put my hand down with a smile. I felt Cameron's hand join with it, and I looked at him bashfully.

I stood in the full-body mirror, the girls all around me adjusting my silky white wedding gown and vail.

"There," Nicole said when she finished. "Beautiful." We walked out to the backyard of Cameron's house. There were white flowers everywhere and a tent had been set up. There were a bunch of chairs with our families in them by a stand with more flowers on it. And there on that stand, stood the love of my life, waiting for me to come and be with him forever. The music started and I began to walk towards him. He smiled at me as I walked and I smiled back. I still couldn't believe this was happening. I was about to get married to a guy I always saw on posters. One that I never thought I'd even meet. I got to the stand and walked up the stairs.

"You look beautiful, Kenz," Cam whispered in my ear.

"Thank you," I whispered back with a smile.

All I could really do as I said my vows was stare into those gorgeous green eyes that I loved so much. I've only ever seen him in a suit from movie premieres on the internet but he looked a lot more handsome in his wedding suit.

Then I heard, "You may kiss the bride." Cam smiled at me, leaning in. He kissed me gently, his arms wrapped around my waist. No feeling was better than the one I felt at that moment.

A few months later, I had a baby girl. Rockelle Anne Quiseng. Wierd name, I know. But it was unique. I hated when people had the same name. When the guys visited, Michael cracked me up with the most hilarious thing he's ever said.

"Wow. Now I can legit call someone babygurl." I died laughing. I could see why Nicole liked him so much.

Now, all of the guys have wives and children. Steph and Nate had two twin boys: Jacob and Andrew. Zach and Miranda had a boy: Brock. Nicole and Mikey had a girl; Isabella.

Allstar Weekend is still together and touring, just not as much because of the kids. They play acoustic songs at the birthday parties, like any musician parents would. Nothing has really changed, yet everything has. But I will never forget how I met and fell in love with the Allstar bass player, and everything he did for me.

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
what do yall think? this is the end. i am starting a new fan fiction about mikey, though. so keep your eyes out for it. it's called The Balance Between Love And Hate.