Status: complete

Can't Sleep Tonight

Chapter 3

McKenzie's POV

I woke up before everyone else so I decided to surprise them with breakfast. I made some pancakes and sausage. The girls walked in just as I was setting the table.

"Good morning, my lovelies," I said. "Come get some breakfast."

They all sat down and put food on their plates.

After breakfast, we changed into our Allstar Weekend shirts and put on shorts that would keep us cool on a hot summer day in Hawaii. The concert was down on the beach at noon. After changing, we went to get ice cream and then to the concert.

The line was pretty long for being there early. We waited for about an hour and them we got through the gate. We somehow got to be in the front row. The guys started the concert with 'Dance Forever.' My friends and I screamed along with the rest of the crowd. I looked up at Cameron, the bass player, who smiled right at me. We made eye contact. He smiled at me. I smiled back and looked down shyly. My heart raced a little. He didn't do that to any of the other 90,000 girls here. What was so special about me?

When the song ended, the crowd screamed 10 times louder. They decided to play 'Amy' next so Zach looked into the crowd for a girl to sing to. He walked over to us and pulled Miranda up on stage. She smiled as he held her hand.

"What's your name?" he asked her.

"Miranda," she answered, a little bit in shock.

"Well, Miranda," he said into the microphone. "Can you pretend your name is Amy for the next three minutes and forty-six seconds?"

"Yeah," she answered, smiling. He looked at Dillon, who began the song. He sang to her, holding her hand the whole time. She looked like she was about to burst into tears of excitement, but she controlled herself. When she came back down off the stage, she smiled widely at us.

"How was it?" Stephanie asked.

"Amazing," Miranda said, sounding lovesick. We jumped around, dancing to more songs they played. They finished the concert with 'Here With You.'

We went to get in line for the meet and greet. We ended up waiting for two hours, and we were the last ones in line. When we got to the point where there were only like 10 people in front of us, all I could do was stare. Right there, about fifteen feet in front of me, were my favorite people in the whole world. Zach Porter, Nathan Darmody, Michael Martinez, and Cameron Quiseng.