Status: Completed.

Let The Walls Break Down

Blah Blah Blah

Maria and I were walking back to my car about an hour later, since it was already 11:30. "Did you get Rian's number?" she asked as we reached the Honda.

"No. Did you get Jack's?"

She smiled as wide as her face. "Yes. He said he wanted my number so he can hair booty call me and ask me what shampoo I'm wearing."

I laughed and heard footsteps behind me. I was scared. I turned and Rian was walking towards me. "Hey," he said awkwardly.

"Hey." I smiled and he smiled. It seemed like he was standing there for like 8 minutes. "So, you're leaving now, right?"

"I was planning on it. Wanna come? I have an extra bedroom," I said jokingly.

"No," he chuckled. "I was just thinking that this could be the last we could see each other. I want to call you if we're ever in town again. I kind of need a number to do that." It was so cute how awkward he was being. I grabbed his arm and wrote my number on his hand with the purple sharpie I had in my hand with my name next to it. "Will you answer when I call?"

"I don't know. I'll probably let it go to voicemail." He smiled and pulled me into a hug. That is a really nice guy.

"RIAN!" I heard from across the parking lot. I looked in the direction and I saw the shirtless guy, only he had a shirt on and it took me and minute to realize it was him. He looks a lot different. "Where's Alex and Jack?" he asked, jogging over to us. Maria came over by the side of the car we were on and waited to be introduced.

"I think they're still in Taco Bell getting some burritos or something. Oh, Zack, this is Holly and Maria," he said, pointing to Maria as he kept his arm around me.

"What, do you have dibs on her or something?" Zack smiled and nodded once in my direction.

"Possibly. You snooze, you loose." Rian couldn't have been more right, but I decided I'd never tell him that Zack caught my eye first. I'm glad that Rian was 'claiming' me though, because Zack looked really dumb. He just kind of stood there. But yes, he DID work out.

"Well, tell Alex and Jack that Flyzik's ready to go. I'm gonna go ahead and get a spot on the van and fall asleep."

Zack walked away awkwardly (I think famous people are more awkward than common folk) and Rian and I stared after him. "Why he couldn't tell them himself, I don't know." We hugged once more as I got in the car. "DON'T FORGET ME!" he yelled and slowly started running after my car.

****

Six days went by and I never got a call or a text from Rian. I wasn't that shocked. Annoyed, but not shocked. It was kind of one of those 'too-good-to-be-true' things, but I guess I'd have to move on and forget him. But I couldn't forget the band. Maria and Jack were always texting. She had her phone out all the time and sometimes even called him during lunch. They had a long distance, friends with benefits kind of relationship. I believe Jack really cares for Maria, regardless of him being some what of a player and being on the track to becoming famous. I think he's even told her he loved her, although not as serious as she would like.

One day I got so restless, I almost asked Maria to ask Jack to ask Rian what the hell was up, but I didn't. That would mean that it bothered me. And maybe it did. A little.

"Hollyyyyyyyy!!!" Maria yelled. She was right in front of me.

"Yes?"

"Jack is coming to visit me!" She was still yelling. Don't know why. But I'll admit, it saddened me that she didn't say Rian was coming. "They're getting off tour next week. I'm so excited. He said he can't wait to see me." She paused and looked like she was deep in thought. "Holly, what if he wants a relationship?"

"Then you'll be in a relationship, because we all know you wouldn't reject."

She looked like she was about to oppose by putting her finger up, but then put it down and nodded in agreement. She turned back around to the front of the room as I daydreamt. Rian...

****

I was leaning against the tree trunk in my front yard while Maria was pacing in front of me. I had to wait for Jack to arrive with her. Suddenly, I heard squealing tires and this van flew around the corner without hesitation, and it came to a screeching halt in front of us, two of the tires on the curb. I only saw Alex and Jack in the car, and Jack jumped out first and ran over to Maria and sniffed her hair. "Ohh...guilty pleasures." She closed her arms around his waist. "Missed you too, Jack."

He pat her head. "I missed you, Herbal Essences."

Alex walked over to me and gave me a hug. "What's up Holly?" he asked. "Missed you, girl."

"Alex, no. Stick to your white culture. I have, and it's worked out well for me."

He laughed. "It feels like you've been my friend for like 3 years. Did you know that?"

"I did actually. It kind of feels like you're my brother."

He practically put his body over me and suffocated me. "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, HOLLY! DON'T EVER FORGET ME!"

"What is with you band people? You never want to be forgotten," I said as I playfully shoved him away.

"Hey." He calmed down and stepped to his right. "Someone's here to see you."

As Alex moved out of my view, I saw Rian walking towards me, but it took me a minute to recognize him because he got a buzzcut. "You cut your hair!" I said and rubbed his head.

"Do you hate it?" He rubbed his head at the same time and looked like he was expecting the worst punishment.

"No! It looks really cute." I finally hugged him for the first time in weeks, and anything negative I was feeling before left me.

I snapped back to reality and Jack was talking in a very paranoid tone. "Maria. This smells like Pert Plus to me. Where is the Herbal? I did not drive all the way from Baltimore to smell Pert Plus."

"Jack, calm the fuck down. We'll all go to Wal Mart, buy some Herbal and everything will be okay."

"Are you sure?"

There was this dramatic scene playing in front of me, and I didn't understand. "I'm sure, man. Come here, give me a hug."

Jack reluctantly walked over to Alex and gave him a very intimate hug. Alex was caressing the back of his head. "Are you okay?" He nodded, then Alex pushed him away. "Now get the fuck off of me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Stop talking that Blah blah blah
Think you'll be getting this
Nah nah nah
Not in the back of my
Car-ar-ar
If you keep talking that
Blah blah blah blah blah