Sequel: Wish We Were Older

Kiss Me or Not

All I Could Think About

I shifted a little on the foam mattress I had slept on, much to my dismay. I had spent the night at a friends house, and our other friend, Bridget had spent the night as well. Bridget had gotten Nancy's bed, and Nancy and I had shared the foam mattress. Usually I didn't mind, but I didn't like sharing beds with people. Especially friends.

I always felt so awkward and never liked moving. And then of course, most of my friends hogged the beds, like me. Which left me crushed against Nancy's dresser.

I pulled my pajama shirt down and opened my eyes for a second. I reached for my phone to check the time, but couldn't find it. I groaned silently and sat up. I reached again for the top of the dresser, and still couldn't find it. I looked down to see if it had fallen on my bed.

"Oh, morning." Nancy said. I jumped a little but looked beside me, where she was holding my phone. I looked at it to see what she had been doing, and it looked like she was reading my messages. Again.

"Morning. Um, what are you doing with my phone?" I asked, putting my hand out. She handed it back to me then grabbed hers.

"I thought it was mine." She shrugged casually. I looked at all of the messages I had missed while I slept.

"Mines purple. Your phone is red." I stated, talking about our phones skins. "And plus mines a curve, your phone is a bold." I looked at her, pushing my hair to the side a little.

"It was dark." She shrugged again and read her messages. I sighed but looked through all of the messages she had already gone through. I noticed one from Charlie, causing me to smile.

I know you're probably in bed right now, just thought I would text you and wish you a good morning for when you are awake!

I smiled and set my phone down, shaking my hair a little to give it a bit of volume.

"What's with the giant smile?" She asked. I looked back at my phone, scanning the message again.

"Just a text." I said, looking at the time then getting up. I pulled my hair back into a messy ponytail and tied it up.

"From Charlie? Yeah, I saw that. She probably has a crush on you." She said, standing up as well. I looked at her as she looked at Bridget, who was still sleeping.

"Um... Nevermind." I smiled, walking to the door. I'll just let her believe that Charlie is a girl. It's not like she's going to meet him ever.

"Okay?" She asked, following me out of her room. I walked down the flight of stairs and into the kitchen, where I saw her older brother making tea. British people and their tea.

"Morning." He smiled, looking up. I looked down a little bit.

"Morning." I smiled back as Nancy slapped me a little. I jumped when she did. She knew I had a small crush on her brother, and found it gross. It probably was since he was older than me, and had a son. And a wife.

"Want some tea?" Nancy asked. I made a face of disgust and shook my head.

"Gosh, you guys and your tea." I teased. "You probably go through it like I go through water." I smirked.

"It's nice!" She said. I rolled my eyes a little and grabbed my bottle of Jones soda from the night before. I took the lid off and drank a bit. It was still fizzy.

I walked into the living room and sat beside Mitchel, Nancy's brother. I glanced at my phone a little then set it beside me, on the arm of the co--Loveseat. Damnit.

"What was so funny last night anyways? I heard you girls giggling at midnight." He said, looking down at me. I paused, trying to recall last night.

"Um... That's a good question." I said, pushing my hair back as Gage, Mitchel's son ran over to us. I picked him up and set him between us to make it less awkward.

Nancy sat on the couch beside me and drank her tea while texting someone. I watched her a little, feeling awkward. I wanted to talk with her, but the conversation would only die if I tried right now.

"Nancy, can you guys watch Gage for a bit? I need to run for a job interview and mom isn't home to help." Mitchel said. She just nodded, still not paying much attention. "Thanks! I'll be back in an hour or two." He said, getting up. He messed up his sons hair, then ran to get ready.

"Wait, what did he ask?" She asked, looking up. I sighed a little.

"For you to babysit." I said. She groaned softly. "Don't worry, I'll help. I'm just not changing any diapers." I said as my phone vibrated. I grabbed it and looked at it.

I hope you're awake now! I have a surprise for you! :) It'll be at your door in a few hours!

I smiled at the text from Charlie, then hit the reply button.

I'm awake! :D And I'm super stoked for the surprise, what is it? Oh! But I won't be home for a while, I spent the night at a friends house.

I sent it and waited for a bit, watching Gage as he ran around the living room, dancing a bit every few seconds. I smiled.

I know. I already called your mom and she told me. It's gonna be delivered to her house.

I tilted my head as I read the text, confused.

Isn't that expensive to call her?

I sent that and got up. Nancy looked at me.

"Can you get me more tea please?" She asked, handing me her mug. I sighed and took it then walked to the kitchen. I was supposed to be able to relax, but nope. Instead I'm babysitting and waiting on my friend.

I heard my phone vibrate as I filled up her mug and got a tea bag. Nancy snatched it up and opened the text. "What does it say?" I asked.

"It just says 'Nahh.'" She said, rolling her eyes. "Boring conversation." She said, taking the mug as I handed it to her. I looked at the text, but smiled anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHY AM I STARTING THIS? XD

Soo if anyone is a fan of Charlie McDonnell, woo! ^__^ He's totally adorable.
I've been having a lot of dreams about him lately, so I figured I would just write a story out of it. x__x Whoopie!

Comments please? ^__^

-Ashley Dawn