Status: In Progress

Witch Chronicles

Little House of Cinders

Sweat poured down her face as she woke. The smoldering heat causing her clothes to stick to her damp skin.

Why is it this hot? she thought, albeit it was the middle of summer, it never reached anywhere near this temperature. She felt like a chicken in an oven. No longer being able to tolerate the heat, she threw off the heavy quilt, taking notice to the heavy smell of smoke.

“Did mama burn something?” she questioned aloud. Slowly, she slid out of bed, instantly feeling an unusual warmth from the floor. The girl trudged to the window to let some air in, only to recoil with a yelp from the searing hot agony that its metallic pane gave off. She took a look at her seared hand; the affected area currently held a scarlet tint that would welt up in a matter of minutes. She needed to get water on it, and fast. Multiple cracks filled the heated air as she made her way across the room, grabbing the doorknob. She thought that she would go downstairs just like normal.

She thought wrong.

The tremor of the apocalyptic blast knocked her to the ground, as the calidity seized her room. All she could do was sit there as the fear, and shock paralyzing her entire body.

Run! her mind screamed Run before you die! The flames licked gently at her feet. So much so that you would think she was in front of a warm fire. And she was, but this was no ordinary fire.

It was an inferno.

And her final resting place.

Sitting there for sometime, the girl finally coaxed herself enough to gain control of her feet, to scoot over to a neighboring corner and shift into the fetal position.

“Mama!” she croaked hoarsely, tears spilling down her flustered cheeks. The intense heat combined with the stagnant smoke made breathing near impossible.

“Mama!” she cried again “help, someone, help!”

Lying there in her home, waiting to be burned alive, made her wish it was all a dream. She wished that her mother would wake her up and tell her how everything was alright. She even yearned for the voice of her younger sister chastising her about how much of an idiot she was. She wanted all of it to be a dream.

But it wasn’t

Which meant she would die.

The wood underneath her cracked louder, producing an eerie symphony throughout the burning enclosure. The stench of the smog, charred her lungs as she inhaled. The girl lay there sobbing uncontrollably, her cries only deafened by the crackle of the fire below…

She attempted another plea before the floor finally collapsed, burning asunder and dropping her into a sea of flames.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story on Mibba. I've had it for some time, and wanted a place to put it, so here I am. I hope you like it! By the way; please leave constructive criticism only.