Status: Active.

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

California.

I splashed my foot into a puddle as the late spring air hit me hard in the face, as well as the smell of rain.

Alex made his way over to me, a small grin on his face and I felt my stomach do 6 somersaults.

"Hey."

"Hello."

"California." Alex said.

"Huh?"

"You, come to California with me, please."

"Why?"

"Spring break, of course. Zack's aunt has a beach house there and that's where we'll stay for the week."

"How are we gonna get there?"

"Plane, duh."

"Alex I don't know."

"You have to come."

"Why?"

"Because I need you."

"Why?"

"This isn't the question game, Haley. I need you there, okay?"

"Fine."

"Yay!"

"Got everything?" Laney asked as we made our way downstairs to the car early Friday Morning.

"Yeah."

When we got to the airport we all met up got our tickets etc then we got on the plane.

"God, Ihateplanes." I mumbled as it slowly took off and I clenched my nails into Alex's arms, not meaning to.

"Well, you know, you could give me my arm back and all."

"S-sorry." I saidquietly.

"It's fine." He rubbed his arm and I bit down on my nails.

Once I had survived that terrible flight, we were in California. Then we made the drive to the beach house and everyone pretty much took naps. I, instead, sat on the roof with my notebook watching the sunset.

'I have this idea of what my life should be in the future, of books and roads and street lights. Of love that goes on for miles, smiling faces, and jotting down memories and handshakes. Of people being as in love with the world as I, people of no complaints other than “I want to go there next!” But you see, many people desire the life I want and very little ever chase it. I won’t be one of them. I’ll run to all that I want and a new life will emerge and greet me with open arms and in those arms I will be reborn. We can fight to the top, but when we realize the top is only an illusion of where you should be, you’ll want to make the journey somewhere you know in your heart you should really be. If you’re already at the top of the mountain and you know you’re not home, don’t be afraid to travel to a different one. Nothing beautiful should be left unfelt, even if it is painful at first.'